Becky.....

Reaction score
What a sh-t show they put on tonight. tOSU up by 83-67 with 30 seconds left. What's really laughable is watching Becky trying to full court press.

Well, hopefully they're due to lay another egg in 2 weeks.

Hopefully MSU and Iowa can take care of business against them as well and kill some of their momentum.

Well, hopefully they're due to lay another egg in 2 weeks.

That was my first thought as well. I hope they play this poorly when the gophers stroll into Madison.

With a great shot for at least a tie of the Big Ten title, they really crapped the bed tonight. I can't remember a Wiscy team playing with such a lack of fire or effort.

That was my first thought as well. I hope they play this poorly when the gophers stroll into Madison.

With a great shot for at least a tie of the Big Ten title, they really crapped the bed tonight. I can't remember a Wiscy team playing with such a lack of fire or effort.

Bo Ryan ain't there anymore. In all seriousness he could have been one of the best coaches in college basketball history. If it wasn't Wisconsin I would almost feel sorry for Gard having to follow in his footsteps.

OSU would beat a lot of teams if they shot like they did tonight. They have some definite talent on that team.

10 of 16 - 3 pointers helps

Bo Ryan ain't there anymore. In all seriousness he could have been one of the best coaches in college basketball history. If it wasn't Wisconsin I would almost feel sorry for Gard having to follow in his footsteps.

Settle down folks, they're still 11-4 in the B1G and two games ahead of the Gophers.

Wisconsin has been overrated all season long.

They don't deserve a B1G Conf title.

2-4 vs Top 50 rated rpi teams, and a SOS up near 70? They didn't play anyone ooc, and their best win is vs the Gophers, a 2 pt win while we were in a slump.

I'm very confident that the Gophers will beat them when they head to Madison.

So watching this game looks like doubling happ and hayes hard in the post and protecting cuts to the hoop is the way to go.. they are miserable from 3 the only guy we need to worry about is koenig.. make the other guys beat you..

We need Becky to show up Sunday at Breslin to take care of MSU so we can get the 4th seed and double bye. Sparty need to lose a couple (they finish at Maryland) since they have the tie breaker on us.

What a sh-t show they put on tonight. tOSU up by 83-67 with 30 seconds left. What's really laughable is watching Becky trying to full court press.

So did tOSU write the book on how to handle the beer-guzzlers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anything their loss is another reminder that on any given night any team can win in the Big10. Lets hope the Gophers don't have a let down with Penn or Nebraska. That said, I'd take tremendous pleasure in seeing Wisky take a giant dump these last few weeks.

We need Becky to show up Sunday at Breslin to take care of MSU so we can get the 4th seed and double bye. Sparty need to lose a couple (they finish at Maryland) since they have the tie breaker on us.

What we need to see is the Gophers take care of business and win out before they face Wisky. Take control of your own destiny.
The Gophers owe PSU and need to amp up for this very important game.

What we need to see is the Gophers take care of business and win out before they face Wisky. Take control of your own destiny.
The Gophers owe PSU and need to amp up for this very important game.

True, but Michigan State also controls its own destiny, so even if we win out and MSU wins out we lose the tie-breaker. We need MSU to lose at least once.

True, but Michigan State also controls its own destiny, so even if we win out and MSU wins out we lose the tie-breaker. We need MSU to lose at least once.

Do we have a tie-breaker with Maryland if Maryland loses to MSU?

That road loss to Penn State still really bites.

I think the Gophers also control their own destiny.....if Purdue remains on top of the standings. In that scenario, we hold the tiebreaker with Maryland. Maryland and MSU face each other next week. If Becky somehow ends up on top of the standings or tied with Purdue, things get complicated.

EDIT: if I'm reading the tiebreaker rules correctly, the Gophers would still hold the tiebreaker with Maryland if Wisc and Purdue are tied atop the standings. If the Gophers beat Wisc, they hold the tiebreaker with Maryland in the event Wisc is alone at the top of the standings (obviously an unlikely scenario).

So, after several edits, I believe the Gophers control their own destiny for the double bye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hayes looks completely dis-interested, like he'd rather be pouting at a football game about how tough he has it. Koenig looks a little slow and tentative (injured). Teams have really doubled Happ hard, taking him out of his comfort/confidence zone. Outside of those three, they really don't have much.

I'm holding out hope that wisconsin can lose out, MN can win out and we can finish ahead of wisc. in the standings.

I'm holding out hope that wisconsin can lose out, MN can win out and we can finish ahead of wisc. in the standings.

Seeing them go from the favorite to win the conference to losing their streak of top four finishes would be icing on the cake, but I'm not seeing it happen.They have us, MSU and Iowa left. They'll probably get one of the other two.

Seeing them go from the favorite to win the conference to losing their streak of top four finishes would be icing on the cake, but I'm not seeing it happen.They have us, MSU and Iowa left. They'll probably get one of the other two.

Actually if they lose to MN and MSU and beat Iowa(really just go 1-1 vs these 2) we would have the tie breaker on them I think anyway. We would have to win out though. Lets take care of business and make that a possibility.

Do we have a tie-breaker with Maryland if Maryland loses to MSU?

That road loss to Penn State still really bites.

That home ONE point loss to MSU stlll really bites. That home TWO point loss to Wisconsin still really bites.

Minnesota is how many points out of being all alone in 2nd place right now, or in a tie for 1st? 5 and 7?

So watching this game looks like doubling happ and hayes hard in the post and protecting cuts to the hoop is the way to go.. they are miserable from 3 the only guy we need to worry about is koenig.. make the other guys beat you..

Spot on. Both Happ and Hayes are a mess when they double. Hayes tries to force things and Happ has no idea when to do. Hayes has become one of the biggest whiners in the conference as well as being, what I consider a "bust" this season. Serviceable? Absolutely. POY in the conference/NBA material we heard about pre-season? Not even close. I thought I heard somewhere that all but like 8 of Happs baskets all year have been from beyond 8'...I believe it. If he could shoot from the perimeter like Kaminsky could, they are a different team. He can't and can barely shoot FT's. Great defender however.

This Badger team, if you look at their wins, is very lucky to be where they are. I said to my wife last night, in my eyes, they are no better than us and right now, I like the energy the Gophers show far more than the Badgers. It appears the senior leaders are not much of leaders.

Without Koenig playing at full go they really have no one to consistently stretch the floor with their shooting, it makes it tough on Happ and Hayes, as he recovers the Badgers are going to be tough to beat again. They lack quality depth though and it really shows.

Without Koenig playing at full go they really have no one to consistently stretch the floor with their shooting, it makes it tough on Happ and Hayes, as he recovers the Badgers are going to be tough to beat again. They lack quality depth though and it really shows.

His back up Trice can stroke it from down town, surprised he doesn't get a little more run for them. Aren't Vitto Brown and Showalter suppose to be decent shooters too?

He must be pretty close to full go since he dropped 25+ and looked excellent last night

Top Bottom