Jell

First video: 4:03, throws the ball off the defenders head to taunt/mock/show-boat

God, I hope he does that in a B1G game versus Wisconsin.

Let's hope he can.......

First video: 4:03, throws the ball off the defenders head to taunt/mock/show-boat

God, I hope he does that in a B1G game versus Wisconsin.

Play for real and not just showboat. McKinley Wright dropped 46 on DeLaSalle in front of Pitino and Ben Johnson tonigh. I hope we didn't take the wrong guy!

I have a feeling he will drive us nuts at times, but he will be a blast to watch.

McKinley Wright will be great at Dayton.

I'd take Washington because of the insane potential of what he could become.

I have no idea how some of you think this guy will be coming off the bench? I will be very surprised if come Big Ten time he is not starting...I think it'll be right away but maybe it requires the rites of passage.

I have no idea how some of you think this guy will be coming off the bench? I will be very surprised if come Big Ten time he is not starting...I think it'll be right away but maybe it requires the rites of passage.

If he starts it means he's starting over Mason, Coffey, or Dupree...Dupree is the most logical choice on who he starts over but have you seen how he's been playing lately? Tough to say he won't be starting next year as a junior.

If he starts it means he's starting over Mason, Coffey, or Dupree...Dupree is the most logical choice on who he starts over but have you seen how he's been playing lately? Tough to say he won't be starting next year as a junior.

And who will have the biggest personality on the entire team? Pretty tough to run the show coming off the bench. You can't squash him and take his game away or you wouldn't recruit him. Hey, I don't know but if I'm recruiting his personality I'm playing him.

And who will have the biggest personality on the entire team? Pretty tough to run the show coming off the bench. You can't squash him and take his game away or you wouldn't recruit him. Hey, I don't know but if I'm recruiting his personality I'm playing him.

He'll get around 24 mpg next year (see Akeem Springs) doesn't matter if he starts or comes off the bench

He does not look like a plug n' play starter to me, especially with one of the top PG's in the league in front of him. He's too short to play the 2, and Nate's too good to move over to the 2 for significant amounts of time. I think people are getting a little over excited about Washington becoming an elite contributor as a freshman. Thankfully, he doesn't need to be. He needs to be a solid rotation guard while learning from one of the best.

Longtime reader of the forum . . . I'm sold on him being an elite PG next year who will play off Mason. I don't think it matters if he starts, but I think he will be getting significant minutes.

He has the potential to not only help us make deep tourney runs, but also to play in the Association.

This kid has "it." Love the attitude, and fully expect he'll get under the skin of some of his opponents. Pitino might have to rein him in a little, but I'd much rather have it that way than the opposite. Also, he might need a little work on the defensive end but it will come in due time. Very excited about this kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I LOVE that he looks to have a scorer's mentality and a great jump shot (on top of having great handles and reportedly also a good passer). As much as we have tried to rationalize some of our past poor-shooting point guards (I won't name names), it is so important if you want to play with the big boys for your point guard to be able to score, too. When Mason is "on", it really changes the game for us. Can't wait to see Isaiah play in the Barn. Oh, and how did Pitino convince him to leave the East coast?? Great recruiting job there.

He calls himself a "pass first point guard," but he looks like he can score whenever he wants from just about anywhere.

Seriously, how did we land this guy?

Helps to have connections. Kimani used to run the AAU program he played for, New Heights (Dupree played for New Heights as well). They offered Isaiah very early in the process, I believe they offered him in 9th grade.

Seriously, how did we land this guy?

He was severely under-recruited for some reason and Kimani has been building a relationship with him for years. There's a video with him matching up against #1 PG Trevon Duval (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XrneCNlWkg) that's worth a watch. He's clearly not as athletic but you can tell he has a great feel for the game and is a scorer.

I don't get into basketball recruiting as much as football, so before I watched those videos I didn't know much about him outside of his 'rankings.' The part that has me the most excited now is his 'cult-hero' status in NYC. If he succeeds here, Minnesota could become a cool place to go for others in New York.

Hopefully Isaiah helps us land Sidney Wilson. They appear to be good friends. Outru, Gabe, Race, Tre, and Sidney would be an insane '18 class

I watched both the Home Team Hoops videos and I feel hyped. I think he will be pretty equal to how good Mason is. Did you see him consistently pull up off the dribble on a downtown NBA three and nail it? He seems slow to the hoop to me but i think it's the symmetrical strides he takes. Seems like his feel for the game will translate to leader on the court.

Pitino probably was like "Look at Nate Mason. He wins us games. Your just as good as he is as a freshman right now. We will make you the best."

Last thing I noticed was his "brand." He seems like the type of guy Fleck would love on his team. Could you imagine him going along with Fleck to the children's hospitals every week? Jelly Fam will make him a lot of money if he succeeds here. The twin cities media will take his brand nationally.

This year is crazy fun, next year is going to be insane.

That kid has amazing ball control and awareness. He bounces the ball off the head of one of the nation's top point guards and keeps dribbling like nothing happened.

Can't recall if this was posted before. Great episode, really shows his cult hero status in NYC basketball. It's episode on game Carmelo Anthony went to.

As a Gopher in NJ looking forward to hopefully running into some more Maroon and Gold on the East Coast with Washington and Harris coming next year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rYyB7lujoo

where can I get a Jelly Fam shirt

"Everybody wants to touch him and have their picture taken with him. We have to walk him through with security sometimes because it just became too much. I've never seen anything like it."

When have the Gophs ever landed the top NYC point guard?
He's already a rock star and humble to boot. Hopefully he stays for at least 2 years.

Pitino deserves a raise...

Kamani started recruiting him in 8th grade. Kid is gonna be fun to watch

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I realize most of these videos are highlight videos, but I love his floater game in the lane and the fact he puts in time practicing it. It's such a great tool for guards getting into the paint, especially in the Big Ten. Not to rip on Nate Mason, but he would probably average 4-6 more ppg if he had that down. He makes a lot of the tough layups, but he would be deadly if he hit his floaters consistently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom