Where will Richard Pitino move to after his success this year at Minnesota?

Where will Richard Pitino be coaching next year

• NC state

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Florida

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Indiana

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Oregon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 98 90.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dwight Schrute

When I die I want to be frozen
Reaction score
Where Will Pitino most likely move to after his success at Minnesota? :

1. NCState
2. Florida
3. Oklahoma
4. Oregon
5. Indiana
6. USC
7. UCLA

8. A bigger house in Minnesota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say 3 of those schools at most will have an opening after this season. NC State is already open of course, Crean getting fired wouldn't shock me, but I think his buyout drops from $4M to $1M in July of this year, so they might hold out one more year. Steve Alford seems to be widely disliked, but UCLA has had a big turnaround themselves. The other 4 schools will not fire their coaches.

Just curious where you get this list from? You really think that Oregon (currently #6), UCLA (currently #5), Florida (currently #13), USC (having one of their better years in a decade +) are going to be in the market for a new coach after this year?

Why would there be interest in leaving MN and a well above average chance to have a very successful year next year to coach at NC State or Oklahoma? He would have to start a rebuild all over again.

Just curious where you get this list from? You really think that Oregon (currently #6), UCLA (currently #5), Florida (currently #13), USC (having one of their better years in a decade +) are going to be in the market for a new coach after this year?

Why would there be interest in leaving MN and a well above average chance to have a very successful year next year to coach at NC State or Oklahoma? He would have to start a rebuild all over again.

Im not saying but vacancies open up all the time for a number of reasons. Coaches moving to better schools, NBA comes calling, some guys resign for personal reasons and scandals. Look for a few bigger openings that would attract a coach like Pitino.

Why would anybody hire a coach that coached a team to 8 wins just a year ago?

Why would anybody hire a coach that coached a team to 8 wins just a year ago?

The amazing turn around! He is in high demand. On all the radar for the teams looking for a change. Plus he has had past issues with Koler and the administration at MN.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you look out the left side of the tour bus, you will see a fine example of the classic Internet Troll.

Dwight

Time to go back upstairs your mama is calling you for dinner

Minnesota is the BEST JOB IN THE COUNTRY

Fans are desperate for a winner.
When one comes along, they will pack the house. UMn led the country in attendance back in the 70s.

And we love our superstar athletes. And we are pretty decent towards the ones who contribute little to nothing even. We are not a cutthroat kind of place like an Alabama.

Fans who are so used to not winning, they will be very patient, so patient that they'll put up with a coach that only wins 2 games in conference in his 3rd season.

UMn is building a 100 million dollar Athletes Village.

Only Div 1 school in the state

Cool arse city to hang out in for the coach, he and his family can do almost anything they want for fun and entertainment

For players, meaning things you can tell the recruits, its a PRO SPORTS town, this helps the better athletes, we all know these things. And the not so great athletes, well, they are athletes, so you think they don't enjoy the opportunity to go to games? And we Minnesotans all know about the incredible job opportunities in the Twin Cities area.

Then there is the fact that Minnesota is one of the finest academic institutions in the country, even the world.

There is not a single public university in the country that has as many Nobel Prize winners associated with their university, except for Illinois. Unofficially they have the same # as UMn, officially they have 1 less. And I bring up the issue of Nobel winners because one of them was a former Gopher athlete.

And WHEN WE WIN, we send our best players into the Pro leagues, at a rate comparable to the top schools in each of the sports with pro leagues.

UMn has ranked in the Top 20 at putting players into the NFL and the NBA and MLB in those sports ALL-TIME rankings of this, in the very recent past. Unfortunately the fb program's struggles, mostly through the 90s, dropped them in those rankings and they might not be in the Top 20 anymore. Same with the cbb team's ranking. But hockey is #1, putting more into the NHL than other programs with more Frozen Fours and/or Natl Titles than UMn. Same with # sent to the Olympics, UMn is #1 in that regard, and its not even close. Minnesota sends more wrestlers to the Professional leagues than their corresponding # of Natl Titles says they should as well. Same could be said about the VB program.

And outside of sending athletes into the pros, as athletes, we send an inordinate # of former players into the coaching ranks of several sports, especially the big money sports. Minnesota has been more of a Cradle of Coaches in football than THE Cradle of Coaches Miami of Ohio.

OK, yes, I am a diehard Gopher fan, so I am biased.

If you are a coach who only cares about cbb then maybe a one sport only school where cbb rules high above all else would be a better option.
If you are a coach who only cares about cfb then maybe a one sport only school where cfb rules high above all else would be a better option.

Outside of those two scenarios, where would be a better option? Stanford maybe? Lot tougher to get great athletes there with their super high academic requirements. But I'd acknowledge Stanford is a pretty cool school.

Why would he want to leave the coolest venue in the country (The Barn) for some place with a ****hole equal to the Kohl Center or even worse......the Brice Jorden Center (lol)?

Nope......this team is going to be even better next year. He's not going anywhere after this year.

Why would he want to leave the coolest venue in the country (The Barn) for some place with a ****hole equal to the Kohl Center or even worse......the Brice Jorden Center (lol)?

Nope......this team is going to be even better next year. He's not going anywhere after this year.

The Bryce Jordan center is definitely in contention for worst venue in college BB. It's certainly the worst in the B1G.

Top Bottom