With the Program on the Rise, When Will Pitino Sign His First 5-Star Recruit?

When Will Pitino Sign His First 5-Star Recruit?

Votes: 49 76.6%

Votes: 3 4.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We'll have to make do with 3- and 4-star players

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
Sure he will get one eventually but i would not be bothered if he never did. There are about 25 in a year, several are one and done and only two schools this century won a title with one and dones. Get the 4 year player. Out of that 25 15 are going Duke, UNC,KU,UK. That leaves 5 0r so more and UCLA and ARIZ. are taking a couple. The super elite players do not care about your school, look how Fultz, Smith this year and Simmons last year actually did not help the program at all. Do it like UW,NOVA, UVA do it you would have great success and get to watch kids grow and change and represent.

+100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is 2018 not a choice?

Would a 5* not be interested in joining Murphy, Coffey, McBrayer and Mason in the starting line-up? Could Otero become a 5*? Maybe he could poach one from his Dad!

I think his dad was also in on Gastón Diedhieu or wtvr his name is. The one guy we manage to poach from the old man... Rick Lost that recruiting battle like a fox

A little off topic, but why didn't the badgers not see a major bump in their recruiting off of their 2 final 4 runs? There were some 5* recruits out of WI area and they missed out on all of them. Does it all boil down to their style of play being "boring"? I'd like to think if we ever had a run like that, all local recruits are slam dunk commits if we want them.

Say what you want about Wisconsin, but their program is a "pay your dues" one. Very few freshmen come in and play huge minutes and that is not what a one and done recruit is looking for. They are also looking for system guys and if the five stars are not in their mold, they will ignore them. It's the way they roll. They may lose a few based on style of play, but I wouldn't think that would be a major issue. If they have guys who can run, they run.

I think there is a difference between a "five star" and a "one and done." Not all five stars are one and done, even though a lot of them may think they should be.

I think his dad was also in on Gastón Diedhieu or wtvr his name is. The one guy we manage to poach from the old man... Rick Lost that recruiting battle like a fox

It was Konate and we got him because Richard lost to dad for the big Anus

2019, Matthew Hurt. Then hopefully Jalen Suggs two years after that. But hey, if Tre Jones wants to play in the Big ten I won't stop him!

I don't think many would mind sprinkling in an occasional one and done player (Suggs imo is an example) if the rest of the roster was comprised of 4* and high 3* talent. A team with an experienced and skilled core and 1 or 2 superstars is a deep run in the making.

Sure he will get one eventually but i would not be bothered if he never did. There are about 25 in a year, several are one and done and only two schools this century won a title with one and dones. Get the 4 year player. Out of that 25 15 are going Duke, UNC,KU,UK. That leaves 5 0r so more and UCLA and ARIZ. are taking a couple. The super elite players do not care about your school, look how Fultz, Smith this year and Simmons last year actually did not help the program at all. Do it like UW,NOVA, UVA do it you would have great success and get to watch kids grow and change and represent.

Well said. Couldn't agree more. I think we might have a shot at a 5 star if we have some connection (local kid, good friends with player on team, etc.), but Coffey-ish players excite me more than a 1 and done.

They already have. Jelly Fam, just hasn't been upgraded yet.

Top Bottom