Dienhart: MN is a fun & dangerous team, could be sleeper in March

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I think people here on this forum were starting to whisper it a week or two ago, now with the big splash of a road win at Maryland by a nice margin, the flukiness of the tight victory takes a break.

They play good defense against the three.
Solid defense overall to frustrate some teams. Saw that some with Maryland at the end of the night when they were driving and not getting foul calls.

Good guard leadership.

What I like most though is they are road tough.

Here's hoping that now that the talk has turned from if they make it to what seed they will be that the team won't get too full of itself. Pitino has talked about how selfless this group is and in todays basketball that is dominated by one on one games and star players it is great to see a true team going out there each night.

This team absolutely could make noise in March however with their inconsistency they could also bow out quickly. Here's hoping they stay hungry and keep playing the way they have over this 6 game winning streak. And the great thing about tonight is they got ahead of Maryland late and they avoided the let down to get them back in the game. Nice to have a win that isn't a nail biter down to the final seconds for a change.

Here's hoping that now that the talk has turned from if they make it to what seed they will be that the team won't get too full of itself. Pitino has talked about how selfless this group is and in todays basketball that is dominated by one on one games and star players it is great to see a true team going out there each night.

This team absolutely could make noise in March however with their inconsistency they could also bow out quickly. Here's hoping they stay hungry and keep playing the way they have over this 6 game winning streak. And the great thing about tonight is they got ahead of Maryland late and they avoided the let down to get them back in the game. Nice to have a win that isn't a nail biter down to the final seconds for a change.

What is interesting is the fact they folded in tight game earlier in the year. They lost some big leads and couldn't execute with the game on the line. Somehow, someway, they've turned that around and been money in tight games the second part of the year. When it comes to tournament games, it's that experience you often need to fall back on. We know how to win the close game, let's just go get it done. I'm excited to see the team and if they can make a run in the B1G tourney and March Madness.

What is interesting is the fact they folded in tight game earlier in the year. They lost some big leads and couldn't execute with the game on the line. Somehow, someway, they've turned that around and been money in tight games the second part of the year. When it comes to tournament games, it's that experience you often need to fall back on. We know how to win the close game, let's just go get it done. I'm excited to see the team and if they can make a run in the B1G tourney and March Madness.

For a guy who was "done" with them after their FIRST big 10 game you have to have gained a lot of weight from all that fatty crow meat[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The turnaround this program has experienced in one year really blows my mind. Springs, Coffey, Curry and Lynch joining the already good Mason, Murphy and McBrayer has given us a tough and talented nucleus, while Pitino is maturing and improving as a coach. I didn't think there was any way this team would make this type of jump so soon. I figured it may happen next year if it ever did at all, but I'm estatic to be along for this ride because both the present and future are bright.

For a guy who was "done" with them after their FIRST big 10 game you have to have gained a lot of weight from all that fatty crow meat[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what happens when you post in the heat of the moment.

Top Bottom