Pitino post game Maryland win on going dancing: It absolutely puts us in.

GopherLady

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my post game notes are terrible. I was at my tailgate husband's house, and it was too loud to hear all the comments.

Pitino:
• We switched it up, I thought our guys adjusted pretty well to it
• We've got really good balance and depth. Tonight, you score 80 something on the road.
• 28-13 run - We were terrific down the stretch, we were getting basket after basket, closed the rebounding gap. It's hard to be any more proud of these guys than I am. To beat some of the teams we've beaten on the road is a testament to this team.
• It's a great spot, I wanted to get Akeem back in, but Dupree was making it very difficult for me.
• We started going under a little bit, changed it up, didn't give them the same thing every single time.
• They are so good out of timeouts, they run some lobs, elevator plays, I wanted to negate that, change of pace for them.
• On Muph - he was terrific in the 2nd half, he really rebounded well, did a lot of terrific things, made some big FT's, he's become mentally tough.
• We celebrate tonight and move on. We've got 2 days to prepare for a very talented Penn State team. You learn from it, you move on.
• Are you going shopping for dancing shoes? It absolutely puts us in. We aren't talking about that anymore.

Dupree McBrayer:
• Everybody is happy and cheering, we're just happy we got this road win.
• We just had to get out on the break, rebounding was the 1st part.
• It was a halftime adjustment, of course we work on it at practice
• Being more connected, and settle down, we just made winning plays because we wanted to win.
• Definitely, we just tried to make a name for ourselves

Good for Dupree; he is getting his confidence back at the perfect time

Good for Dupree; he is getting his confidence back at the perfect time

Everything is clicking for this team right now. Murphy has been playing awesome, Dupree seems to be finding his game again, Konate and Curry are giving them solid minutes off the bench, Mason is back to being one of the better guards in the conference....

When this team is on it can play with pretty much anyone. Hopefully they can keep this roll going through the rest of the BIG season, through the BTT and into the dance.

Just have to avoid starting to think they are unbeatable and collapsing again like they did early in the season after they got ranked for the first time. Going to be a fun ride through the rest of the season.

Everything is clicking for this team right now. Murphy has been playing awesome, Dupree seems to be finding his game again, Konate and Curry are giving them solid minutes off the bench, Mason is back to being one of the better guards in the conference....

When this team is on it can play with pretty much anyone. Hopefully they can keep this roll going through the rest of the BIG season, through the BTT and into the dance.

Just have to avoid starting to think they are unbeatable and collapsing again like they did early in the season after they got ranked for the first time. Going to be a fun ride through the rest of the season.

One would think memories of a 5 game losing streak would keep anyone humble.

One would think memories of a 5 game losing streak would keep anyone humble.

You would hope but we have seen way too many cases with athletes where ego gets in the way and they start playing like garbage in all sports. Things are going great for this team but they have shown all year that they are not strong enough yet to coast past anyone. Need to stay humble, hungry, and keep on winning.

Agreed. We seem to have the right rotation now and the chemistry is there. Too excited about the direction of this program.

I like Pitino more and more! Nice to see the team quiet down for him very quickly, show's he has this team's attention.

Top Bottom