All Things Oregon State Road Trip

I'm on an OSU football forum looking for advice on tailgating. Stay tuned....

We're driving down from near Seattle for the game. Any tailgating info will be much appreciated. It would be nice to all end up in the same lot, or close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to the info.

Although many ticket prices for the game have dropped below $20, parking passes are going for $58 (!) on Stubhub.

Is that parking for a tailgate lot or just a general parking lot?? Is parking by the stadium that much of a premium?

Go Gophers!!

I just bought a tailgate/parking space through OSU. Pretty slick site and I thought it was worth $2.50 to know exactly where I'm parking days before I get there and know that there will be a spot for me.

oregonstate.clickandpark.com/

I just bought a tailgate/parking space through OSU. Pretty slick site and I thought it was worth $2.50 to know exactly where I'm parking days before I get there and know that there will be a spot for me.

oregonstate.clickandpark.com/

awesome. I would kill for the Gophers to offer something like that.

What lot are you in? Looks like the one nearby lot is $45. Everything else is quite a bit cheaper.

I picked up a pass in East Campus Way. It's just under a mile from the stadium but I've heard that Monroe Street is a busy place and fun atmosphere before a game. We don't plan to set up a tailgate. Mostly, we'll park there, have a cooler in the trunk to pull a few beers from as we wonder around the area.

More importantly, what are you thinking about the smoke in the area? The PAC has announced they will be monitoring the air quality in Eugene and Corvallis and might cancel, move or postpone the games on Saturday. The air is so bad the Ducks drove an hour each way to practice yesterday.

Super unfortunate (for traveling fans) the Beavers and Gophers both have a bye week on 9/23 which would make it very easy to just move the game back two weeks and let the air quality improve. The Husker fans are going crazy that they might have to change their travel plans.

I picked up a pass in East Campus Way. It's just under a mile from the stadium but I've heard that Monroe Street is a busy place and fun atmosphere before a game. We don't plan to set up a tailgate. Mostly, we'll park there, have a cooler in the trunk to pull a few beers from as we wonder around the area.

More importantly, what are you thinking about the smoke in the area? The PAC has announced they will be monitoring the air quality in Eugene and Corvallis and might cancel, move or postpone the games on Saturday. The air is so bad the Ducks drove an hour each way to practice yesterday.

Super unfortunate (for traveling fans) the Beavers and Gophers both have a bye week on 9/23 which would make it very easy to just move the game back two weeks and let the air quality improve. The Husker fans are going crazy that they might have to change their travel plans.

Its the same up in the Greater Seattle Area. They say with some wind the smoke should clear. I would assume something similar for Oregon (at least parts of it). Also Corvallis has rain predicted which will help as well. I wouldn't worry.

I've heard the same about Monroe St. on the OSU board. We'll probably be in one of those lots with grill, coolers and tailgating basics (meat & potatoes) from Costco. I don't think you can buy less than 40 hot dogs at Costco, so Gopher fans look for us! We're in a Maroon F-150 with a tan pop up. Utah plates.

Dry cold front brought a bunch of smoke into N. Utah this AM. I think Corvallis is in better shape than Eugene for Sat. Think good thoughts about a change in the weather up there!!

I'm in East Campus Way also. Closest to Block 15 and Monroe Street bars

Heads up to any other Gopher fans who are doing the double-header on Saturday:

This is an updated article about the Nebraska/Oregon game specifically. Can you imagine the Nebraska fans who will be out there already, if the game gets postponed that day?!

That's reason to be "optimistic" for Saturday, Niehaus said, but added it's still too early to provide a smoke forecast for more than 48 hours out. That depends on wildfire activity and wind.

"The smoke is supposed to return at some point," she said. "But we just don't know when. ... There are too many variables for us to look that far ahead of time."

LRAPA, Niehaus said, has been in daily contact with the University of Oregon and has passed along its findings to Oregon State, as well each school's administrators and medical staff monitor conditions in the lead-up to kickoff.

The decision whether to postpone Oregon's matchup with the Huskers or remain on schedule will be made Saturday "collaboratively" between the Pac-12 and UO after consulting with air quality experts, a school spokesman said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/09/as_oregon-nebraska_approaches.html

Go Gophers!!

Thanks for the heads up, Bleed. Considering the money I paid on StubHub for the Nebraska-Oregon game, this concerns me. But, it's out of my control.

Might alter plans and do the Oregon/Nebraska game also. Hoping to decide tomorrow.

At the airport now. Seeing some maroon and gold around my game.

ROW THE BOAT. SKIUMAH

My last away game was the thrashing @ Northwestern. Hoping for much better results.

Might alter plans and do the Oregon/Nebraska game also. Hoping to decide tomorrow.

At the airport now. Seeing some maroon and gold around my game.

ROW THE BOAT. SKIUMAH

We are doing the double header and I know about a dozen other Gopher fans that are as well.

Go Gophers!!

Just landed in Portland from Denver. The entire flight was pure smoke, and I've attached a few pictures: one shows just smoke and the other has a few clouds for contrast.

Here in Portland a layer of hazy smoke overhangs the entire city.

f9fc1fc8b233efbbfa5f8dd5e612bb77.jpg
513219237698c7692f2a2b69f87ed2a7.jpg
a45ac72663f37d47a183301aaa3ac95c.jpg

Ok gang, I'm late to the show here but I can chime in on all things Oregon State for ya. Long time season ticket holder and tailgate extraordinaire at OSU.
I am the co-founder of the Flat Tailgate Society. Formed to welcome opposing fan bases to Corvallis to share in our good times and forming new friends. All Gopher fans welcome, just expect to get harassed a bit followed by a slap on the back and a hearty "welcome to Oregon State!"
Beavergopher has been to our tailgates a few times so he can attest on what to expect. You know how 'gates go... it's all about the attitude and camaraderie! (alcohol might play a small role also)
For information check out our Facebook page. We'd like to get an idea of how many Gopher fans are stopping by just so I can order enough alcohol and fresh oysters for the BBQ (all other food is on you).
Kickoff is at 7pm (pending smoke) and we'll probably put the oysters on about 3pm I'm guessing, all depends on how late we party the night before.
If there are enough Gophers coming I might even load up a keg or two of my homebrew.
Please chime in!

JasontheBeaver

Ok gang, I'm late to the show here but I can chime in on all things Oregon State for ya. Long time season ticket holder and tailgate extraordinaire at OSU.
I am the co-founder of the Flat Tailgate Society. Formed to welcome opposing fan bases to Corvallis to share in our good times and forming new friends. All Gopher fans welcome, just expect to get harassed a bit followed by a slap on the back and a hearty "welcome to Oregon State!"
Beavergopher has been to our tailgates a few times so he can attest on what to expect. You know how 'gates go... it's all about the attitude and camaraderie! (alcohol might play a small role also)
For information check out our Facebook page. We'd like to get an idea of how many Gopher fans are stopping by just so I can order enough alcohol and fresh oysters for the BBQ (all other food is on you).
Kickoff is at 7pm (pending smoke) and we'll probably put the oysters on about 3pm I'm guessing, all depends on how late we party the night before.
If there are enough Gophers coming I might even load up a keg or two of my homebrew.
Please chime in!

JasontheBeaver
Thanks JasontheBeaver
Question, can I bring my chainsaw and pet beaver? I heard rumors these might not be allowed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks JasontheBeaver
Question, can I bring my chainsaw and pet beaver? I heard rumors these might not be allowed.
Chainsaws won't be needed since we all carry 7 in our trucks at any given time.
Pet beavers are not only allowed, they're required to get in the door.**

**Pet beavers must be friendly and not bite.

What time is said takeover?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

You may want to ask on that thread, it may help people make a decision. Looks like around 6:00ish was suggested, but nothing decided.

Let's go with 7:30 for Deschutes...gives everyone out here in the Portland area time to plan. See you at 7:30!

Any other official or unofficial tailgates today?

Top Bottom