All Things Oregon State Road Trip

Yeah, $82 per ticket was rough. Bought tickets for Michigan for $70!

I'm excited. I've never been to Oregon. Might spend Saturday night in corvallis with the late game.

Are there still tickets available? $82 is shocking, are we going to sell our allocation or
Have to give some back to OSU?

Got mine on stubhub for $39 and change. Didn't want to, but couldn't justify the difference.

Looks like I'll be spending Tuesday in Portland, then hopping on Amtrak up to Seattle on Wednesday. Haven't been up there since childhood and Safeco Field is one of seven current MLB parks I have yet to attend a game.

For anyone who hasn't booked travel arrangements, Sun Country has started service to Portland. Fares as low as $139 one way. I have not checked for this particular weekend but could be an option.

For anyone who hasn't booked travel arrangements, Sun Country has started service to Portland. Fares as low as $139 one way. I have not checked for this particular weekend but could be an option.

Thank you! This might be what confirms the trip for me and my wife. Being that I am aspiring to become a artisan firewood maker, I'd like to stop in Portland to visit Bridge City Toolworks. Not sure their tools will help me with that goal, but they look nice.

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/

IIRC there is a meat processing plant in Salem-crack your windows. It's been awhile but I don't recall anything "tremendous" in the Willamette valley corridor on I5. It is pretty country everywhere though but you'll be looking at the mts from a distance. Lots to do in Portland.

Belated thanks for the tips! Still on the fence regarding the trip.

FWIW, I plan on hitting the Portland beer/food scene hard Thursday and Friday. Saturday will maybe do some touristy stuff and drive to Corvallis. Staying the night in Portland Saturday and heading home Sunday. Should be a fun trip overall.

Thank you! This might be what confirms the trip for me and my wife. Being that I am aspiring to become a artisan firewood maker, I'd like to stop in Portland to visit Bridge City Toolworks. Not sure their tools will help me with that goal, but they look nice.

http://www.bridgecitytools.com/default/

Did I see $1200 on that split wood? Today's sign of the apocalypse. Firewood was washed in the old days - I never knew. That video came "this close" to an SNL-style spoof for me. Thanks for posting -

NOTE: yeah it's a spoof. Hard to tell these days...

Yeah, $82 per ticket was rough. Bought tickets for Michigan for $70!

I'm excited. I've never been to Oregon. Might spend Saturday night in corvallis with the late game.

Just checked on StubHub...well over 100 tix available for under $35. Seriously consider staying in Portland...great downtown on the river with dozens of breweries and great food joints.

I told this story on here a while back, but it is worth repeating.

Once when in Portland on business I was at a bar during open mic night. A rather scruffy looking dude went up and before playing his guitar he openly dedicated his song to "Mother Nature". Things are a little different out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I see $1200 on that split wood? Today's sign of the apocalypse. Firewood was washed in the old days - I never knew. That video came "this close" to an SNL-style spoof for me. Thanks for posting -

NOTE: yeah it's a spoof. Hard to tell these days...

The ginger infused firewood is REAL!!! ;)

Looks like I'll be spending Tuesday in Portland, then hopping on Amtrak up to Seattle on Wednesday. Haven't been up there since childhood and Safeco Field is one of seven current MLB parks I have yet to attend a game.
Hopefully you make it back for the Gopher game on Saturday night...[emoji577]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just checked on StubHub...well over 100 tix available for under $35. Seriously consider staying in Portland...great downtown on the river with dozens of breweries and great food joints.

If I'm spending $400 on flights (per person) and hotels, renting a car, etc. I'd rather sit in the Gopher section and give money to the U. $45 per ticket isn't going to kill me when we are already in for $2k or so. We being my wife and I.

If I'm spending $400 on flights (per person) and hotels, renting a car, etc. I'd rather sit in the Gopher section and give money to the U. $45 per ticket isn't going to kill me when we are already in for $2k or so. We being my wife and I.

Can't argue with that at all...sounded like it was painful to pay the $82. I was also highlighting for those who wondered if there are tix still available...

Super

Quick heads up to my fellow GHolers- I just canceled my booking for a room at the University Inn/Corvallis for Saturday night 9-9.

Damn fall weddings have foiled my plans of making the trip. So if you're looking for lodging on Corvallis on gameday, head on over to Hotels.com or Expedia as I'm guessing my released room will be picked up shortly by someone.

Can't argue with that at all...sounded like it was painful to pay the $82. I was also highlighting for those who wondered if there are tix still available...

For those interested, I spoke with the OSU ticket office and visiting fan seating is in sections 126 and 127. I bought a pair in 126, row 6, for $40/each. There is currently 63 tickets available in section 126 on StubHub. Most under $50

I've got room reservations both Friday and Saturday night in Corvallis. Any activities being planned Friday night?

I've got room reservations both Friday and Saturday night in Corvallis. Any activities being planned Friday night?

I am on the fence about getting out there for the game. I am pretty low on funds a really do not want to even go out there unless I can do it right and spend about a week out west. (closer to 10 or 11 days)

I'd like to fly into Seattle and spend 2-3 days there then make my way south and hit a bunch of small resort towns near the coast from up by the mouth of the Columbia River down to the coastal towns inland from OSU.

Astoria is up on the Columbia River not far from the Ocean, and looks very interesting. Cannon Beach would be a good stop on Thursday night, then I'd prefer to head to Corvallis on Friday and soak that town in the before the game. Seaside and Surf Pines look like couple of other beach towns worth stopping at.

Oregon is one of the few states I have missed, so I'd hate to fly in and then fly right out after the game.

I am on the fence about getting out there for the game. I am pretty low on funds a really do not want to even go out there unless I can do it right and spend about a week out west. (closer to 10 or 11 days)

I'd like to fly into Seattle and spend 2-3 days there then make my way south and hit a bunch of small resort towns near the coast from up by the mouth of the Columbia River down to the coastal towns inland from OSU.

Astoria is up on the Columbia River not far from the Ocean, and looks very interesting. Cannon Beach would be a good stop on Thursday night, then I'd prefer to head to Corvallis on Friday and soak that town in the before the game. Seaside and Surf Pines look like couple of other beach towns worth stopping at.

Oregon is one of the few states I have missed, so I'd hate to fly in and then fly right out after the game.

Astoria is a nice town. But, if low on funds you should buy a tent and spend time in the central Oregon mountains (Mt Hood and areas south). That is my idea of a vacation, but I was outvoted 1 to 1 at home when I suggested it.

Sounds like a great trip if you can swing it. Portland is definitely worth at least an afternoon and night.

Sounds like a great trip if you can swing it. Portland is definitely worth at least an afternoon and night.

Thanks, I know a couple of guys from pickup ball at the gym that grew up down by the Oregon/ Cal border near the ocean, and they told me to not miss some of those little coastal towns if I get out there.

I have a free place to stay at in Seattle, plus I thought flights there might be a little better so that is one reason I wanted to start up the there and move south, plus I really like hanging around Seattle. I have never been to Portland so I'll keep an eye on flights to Portland as well. Right now I think the SEATAC flights are a little pricy, but that might change.

Oregon State is going to be debuting new uniforms for the game:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The anthracite and silver of Oregon State against the Minnesota Anthracite Gophers. Can't wait.

Oregon State is going to be debuting new uniforms for the game:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11 Strong on their Uni's?! I sure hope that has something to do with their tradition at OSU! The horror. The horror.

11 Strong on their Uni's?! I sure hope that has something to do with their tradition at OSU! The horror. The horror.

I feel this thread heading down a rabbit hole...

I wish we would have thought of this first....what's wrong with our coaches anyway...??.

Top Bottom