Doogie: I think we may see Tanner Morgan play this year, maybe even week 1

The team has yet to begin spring practice and this knuckhead is speculating the next great qb. What is doggies hit rate on his "scoops"?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Doogie's rowing the boat so hard, he's got a rooster tail.

2lvmwys.jpg

I actually appreciate the effort that Doogie makes towards the Gophers and I love the fact that he is rowing the boat (more coverage!).

His "scoops" never have any new info. Doogie always words his scoops like "I think may. . ". I think about 30% of the board thinks Morgan will be our starter next season. There is absolutely zero new information. This became super apparent during the basketball coaching vacancy.

Oh well, I hope he just keeps pumping out the Gopher articles.

I actually appreciate the effort that Doogie makes towards the Gophers and I love the fact that he is rowing the boat (more coverage!).

His "scoops" never have any new info. Doogie always words his scoops like "I think may. . ". I think about 30% of the board thinks Morgan will be our starter next season. There is absolutely zero new information. This became super apparent during the basketball coaching vacancy.

Oh well, I hope he just keeps pumping out the Gopher articles.

I love the attention the program is getting right now. A lot of it is being re-hashed to death, but Fleck is building his brand. While a lot of the info coming out right now feels somewhat stale to us, on a bigger scale, on a national scale, we're seeing Fleck establish that brand. Once we get into spring practice, which is now less than two weeks away, we'll have more fresh info to go over. But for now, the only newsie thing I'm really following is the recruiting trail.

He gets a lot of flack on GH but I think it is ultimately just for fun.

I don't really buy into much that he says for the reasons you note, but ultimately he is innocuous and amusing.

Every time I see Fleck asked about QB's he says he hasn't seen anyone throw a pass.

Every time I see Fleck asked about QB's he says he hasn't seen anyone throw a pass.

PJ outright said that until you work with a QB for a while... you just don't know.

He said that he wrote off a QB at WMU as not his kinda guy, and after some later practices ended up starting the guy.

I'm pretty sure the QB situation is entirely wide open.

In his latest Scoops Podcast, Doogie said he's been hearing very good things about Tanner Morgan and he thinks he will play this year, maybe even week 1.

http://www.1500espn.com/tag/the-scoop/

Go Gophers!!

He's hearing good things about his...what? His sleep habits? His appetite? His ability to pack a duffel bag properly? There certainly hasn't been any football going on.

He's hearing good things about his...what? His sleep habits? His appetite? His ability to pack a duffel bag properly? There certainly hasn't been any football going on.

There was a cat stuck in a tree just off of 15th Ave... word has it Morgan got it down.

Well, he did say the guy threw a 90 mph fastball... So that's encouraging, as far as arm strength.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Morgan excelled at cooking night and sitting in the front row in class.

Is "does he go to cooking class?" the "can he throw a spiral?", of 2017?

Well, he did say the guy threw a 90 mph fastball... So that's encouraging, as far as arm strength.

Brennan Armstrong is the one who throws in the 90s, but he has another year of HS. They said he's a MLB draft prospect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread. GH at its best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Doogie probably doesn't have any solid info to make a comment like this, but I'm expecting Morgan to be our starter at some point this year and it may even be week 1.

His locker was the cleanest of all QB's

PJ outright said that until you work with a QB for a while... you just don't know.

He said that he wrote off a QB at WMU as not his kinda guy, and after some later practices ended up starting the guy.

I'm pretty sure the QB situation is entirely wide open.

He did say all those things, but at signing day the way Coach Fleck's face lit up when talking about Morgan was something else. Don't get me wrong, he's not going to start Morgan if he's not in a position to come in and win games. But he's probably got the best chance to start game 1 of any true freshman in quite a while. The QB's on the team have thrown a combined 34 pass attempts in games. None of them have worked with the OC. Should be interesting!

Top Bottom