Athlon: Grading College Football's Head Coach Hires for 2017 (MN: PJ Fleck - "A")

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Athlon: Grading College Football's Head Coach Hires for 2017 (MN: PJ Fleck - "A")

per Athlon:

2. P.J. Fleck, Minnesota
Previous Job: Western Michigan Head Coach
Career Record: 30-22 (2013-16 Western Michigan)

After a successful four-year stint at Western Michigan, Fleck is taking his “Row the Boat” mantra to the Big Ten. Under Fleck’s direction, the Broncos reached new heights in 2016. Western Michigan finished 13–1, No. 15 in the final Associated Press poll and earned the program’s first trip to a New Year’s Six Bowl (Cotton). The 2016 season was the culmination of a relatively swift rebuild in Kalamazoo. The Broncos went 1–11 in 2013 but finished with 8–5 records in each of the next two seasons. Fleck is regarded for his work on the recruiting trail, and the Broncos inked the MAC’s best class from 2014-16. In addition to his time at Western Michigan, Fleck worked as a graduate assistant at Ohio State (2006) under Jim Tressel, spent three years at his alma mater Northern Illinois (2007-09), worked under Greg Schiano at Rutgers (2010-11) and spent a year in the NFL with the Buccaneers (2012). The Big Ten’s West Division provides an easier path to compete than the East. Fleck should increase the school’s recruiting profile and has already proven that he can be the CEO of a program. The energetic 36-year-old coach is a great fit at Minnesota.

Final Grade: A

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/grading-college-footballs-head-coach-hires-2017

Go Gophers!!

I'm not sure PJ would be an A everywhere, but for us, yeah its a good choice.

I love these grading scales the worst one on the list is a C+ aka good work everyone

Their cheerleader ratings are the only ones worth looking at.

I love these grading scales the worst one on the list is a C+ aka good work everyone

It just so happens these are all the primary playoff contenders for the next decade or so.... it happens.

Top Bottom