BTN Big Ten Power Rankings Week of 2/20: (#6. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

6. Minnesota (20-7, 8-6). The Minnesota-Michigan game Sunday evening felt like a Big Ten tourney preview. I expect to see more high-level games like that in D.C. in March. Michigan is certainly for real, and Minnesota has continued to find a way to win close games; in fact, it’s followed up that five-game losing streak with a five-game wining streak. The play of Eric Curry could be what makes the Gophers an even more dangerous NCAA tournament team.

Last week: 7

http://btn.com/2017/02/20/power-rankings-nebraska-rises-to-no-8-in-jon-cripsins-latest-poll/

Go Gophers!!

SIXTH??? I'd rank Minnesota closer to 4th. NW has more wins in conf, but have played an easier schedule. MSU swept us, but the home game was so damned close and outside of those 2 games, MSU has not looked nearly as good as Minnesota.

And to be honest I don't think there is a big gap between Minnesota and Maryland or Purdue, much less Wisconsin.

Minnesota had 3 close losses, give them just one of those 3 and Minnesota is within striking distance of the B1G Conf title. Give them 2 of those 3 and they are right there in the mix.

Hmm, my take:

1. Purdue
2. Wisconsin
This is honestly where I start thinking about the Gophers.
3. Maryland
4. Minnesota
5. Northwestern
6. Michigan
7. Michigan State
8. Indiana
9. Nebraska
10. Iowa

Top Bottom