Michigan State- Mateen Cleaves
Minnesota- Chad Kolander
Northwestern- Evan Eschmeyer
Ohio State- Lawrence Funderburke
Penn State- Jarrett Stephens/John Amaechi
Purdue- Brad Miller/Brian Cardinal
Wisconsin- Duany Duany
Wisconsin/Iowa- Sam Okey

I am not including Maryland, Nebraska, or Rutgers as it is too new for me to have any lasting memories of guys that were around forever.

Have Brad Miller and Brian Cardinal ever been photographed in the same place at the same time? I think not, same person played for Purdue for 8 plus years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Boyle for Iowa. How many of you remember him?

I am old enough to remember Boyle. Good player from Chicago area I think. I met him once. Really nice guy, but struck me as someone who would rather be living in his college past than the present.

The one name I haven't seen is Reggie Evans from Iowa, who played the longest two years in the history of college basketball and made Granville Waiters look like an adolescent.

Jess Settles was long-time most hated, but he has really redeemed himself with his work on BTN. He gives solid, concise and objective analysis. No trashing and no puffing. I like him in the studio.

As soon as I saw this thread, I immediately thought of Evan Eschmeyer.

Also, probably because there were two of them, but it seemed like Penn State had a Crispin brother that was at Penn State during the Clinton, Bush & Obama administrations....

Minnesota - Gaston

The rest:
Indiana - Alford

Always enjoyed watching Spike Albrecht (Michigan/Purdue) play, as it seemed he was always hustling (and a great nickname), and he HAS been around forever. Graduated HS back in 2011 and then played a post-grad year in prep school. Made the Final Four all-tournament team as a freshman at Michigan (2012-13 season), then took a medical redshirt his senior year, before enrolling at Purdue as a grad student this season.

I am old enough to remember Boyle. Good player from Chicago area I think. I met him once. Really nice guy, but struck me as someone who would rather be living in his college past than the present.

The one name I haven't seen is Reggie Evans from Iowa, who played the longest two years in the history of college basketball and made Granville Waiters look like an adolescent.

Jess Settles was long-time most hated, but he has really redeemed himself with his work on BTN. He gives solid, concise and objective analysis. No trashing and no puffing. I like him in the studio.

Is he the one with bad hairpiece, or is that the linebacker from NW? I always get those two mixed up on BTN

How about Favorite Gopher Player who NEVER played?

Royce White

Favorite - Jitim Young / Northwestern
Least - Jacob Jaacks / Iowa

Even though he wasn't, it felt like Tim Doyle was at Northwestern forever.

Kris Collins.

Nice. He even put on a uniform, didn't he? Then kind of disappeared. Weird all the way around.

Let me try to one up you. A guy named Ricky Wallace was supposed to be all-world in the early Dutcher years and showed up in some type of preseason yearbook. A friend of mine got Dutch to autograph the book at camp and was shocked to see Wallace in it. Not sure if he ever showed up on campus or not, but for sure never played a game for the Gophers.

Have Brad Miller and Brian Cardinal ever been photographed in the same place at the same time? I think not, same person played for Purdue for 8 plus years.

Brian Cardinal grew hair for that? Not impossible to believe.

I don't.
I remember Acie Earle.

Is Kevin your uncle or something?

Funny no. But for those of you old enough he was a four year starter that just never went away for Iowa.

Jerry Gee was another one that was around forever.

When Gee chose Illinois over the Gophers, I read it in a Sid Hartman column and threw a major tantrum at McDonalds. Big Macs have never tasted the same since.

Not sure if they are really favorite/non-favorite type of people, but from a relatively-recent viewpoint on things:

I always felt Denzel Valentine seemed to have been around for ages - liked him whenever he wasn't playing the Gophers.
Zack Novak and Stu Douglass both seemed to be at Michigan for about a decade.
Adam Haluska for Iowa seemed to have a good run.
I also agree with those who said Talor Battle was at PSU - that guy was clutch.

I swear to God Tracy Abrams has been at Illinois for 7 years. I was floored when I realized he was still playing this year.

Top Bottom