BIG network color men

Halsey Hall

Reaction score
Is anyone else disgusted with the constant chatter of the color men during BIG basketball telecasts?
Guys like Bardo and Morris feel a need to fill every moment when the play-by-play guy isn't talking w/ nothing but blather. If they say something highly technical, those who would understand it already know what they are saying and the rest of us could care less. We don't need to be told it was an "easy layup" or a "hard foul." We don't need analysis of what Northwestern did during the week. Fans who are at the game can highly enjoy the epxerience and they have NO commentary. I don't mind knowing that so-and-so now has 12 points or he just broke the rebounding record, or maybe his Dad played for Michigan with Cazzie Russell. But please stop w/ the constant drone of your boring comments. I am tired of having to mute the sound in order to be able to watch the game (and I would like to hear the crowd's reaction).

Also, did anyone notice during the Indiana game when Springs made his ill-fated last second shot that a Hoosier manhandled Murph and knocked him down and over the end line and no foul was called. And how about Mason's last second shot in regulation last night where he was mugged and no call. Many times when questionable fouls are called, I will slow-mo the replay and can't see a foul anywhere.

The color guy giving commentary to fill space is his job. They aren't good at it, but it is in fact their job.

As for you randomly complaining about fouls...yeah, those happen. Last second plays are rarely officiated well because so much focus is on other things.

I'd be fine with cutting off the ball fouls in 1/2 to make the game easier to watch.

My biggest complaint is that no one seems able to tell us the simple, salient details that I can see on the scoreboard when I am at the game. Things like - how many fouls does this guy have? Team fouls? Bonus? Points? Sometimes the color will rave about the change of momentum in the game without bothering to note that a key player is on the bench. I have espn gametracker on when I am watching a game at home.

Also, did anyone notice during the Indiana game when Springs made his ill-fated last second shot that a Hoosier manhandled Murph and knocked him down and over the end line and no foul was called.
I saw this, yes. Murphy got clocked very hard with a forearm shiver that nearly knocked him off the floor. It was right by the official, but he was focused on the action around the ball.

I think the B10 Color guys are pretty good overall. Especially like Bardo. Could be better but if they were they'd be on ESPN or CBS.

Yeah, too much blah, blah, blah for me. I synchronize the telecast with the sound off with Grimm and Tollackson.

Top Bottom