Fleck on KSTP

Can America produce about one million Flecks and put them in industry, entertainment, academia, the church, the military and politics?

What an amazing man. I just totally believe in him and expect him to be really successful here. I hope we can keep him long term. I expect the student section to be full ... even overflowing. He will connect with them as he will connect w/ recruits and their families. The negativity about him from people like Reusse he is used to. RTB

What an amazing man. I just totally believe in him and expect him to be really successful here. I hope we can keep him long term. I expect the student section to be full ... even overflowing. He will connect with them as he will connect w/ recruits and their families. The negativity about him from people like Reusse he is used to. RTB
Careful. The Fleck doubters, like PMWinSTP and MennoSota, will be mocking you for being too enthused about Fleck, and point out his stylistic flaws and gimmicks.

Nobody can predict success, especially at the University of Minnesota, but after watching I truly do not understand how any Gopher fan does not really want this guy to succeed. You can doubt if it will result into wins, but you cannot doubt the sincerity and pureness of his philosophy. What a great person!

The more I see from Fleck, the more I realize that the comparison to Brewster could not be further from the truth. Mock me if you want, but Fleck makes me want to be a better person.

Nobody can predict success, especially at the University of Minnesota, but after watching I truly do not understand how any Gopher fan does not really want this guy to succeed. You can doubt if it will result into wins, but you cannot doubt the sincerity and pureness of his philosophy. What a great person!

The more I see from Fleck, the more I realize that the comparison to Brewster could not be further from the truth. Mock me if you want, but Fleck makes me want to be a better person.

My son is a high school coach in Wisconsin and I have sent this to him hoping he will adopt some of this philosophy.

the article says spring practice starts March 7th. Any update on practices open to public etc?

Careful. The Fleck doubters, like PMWinSTP, MennoSota, and Spoofin, will be mocking you for being too enthused about Fleck, and point out his stylistic flaws and gimmicks.

You accidentally listed me. I have said repeatedly that I am rowing the boat. I think PJF will do great and I couldn't be more excited. I'm very glad we hired him. I am in no way a doubter. I poke at things like cooking class and saying elite 100 times within an hour and things that get tagged "culture change" where there is nothing to see - but that hardly makes me anti-Fleck no matter how many times people say it. Do I have to be on-board with 100% of what he does/say in order to be pro-Fleck? I'm not even pro-Spoofin with that requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You accidentally listed me. I have said repeatedly that I am rowing the boat. I think PJF will do great and I couldn't be more excited. I'm very glad we hired him. I am in no way a doubter. I poke at things like cooking class and saying elite 100 times within an hour and things that get tagged "culture change" where there is nothing to see - but that hardly makes me anti-Fleck no matter how many times people say it. Do I have to be on-board with 100% of what he does/say in order to be pro-Fleck? I'm not even pro-Spoofin with that requirement.
You're right. Probably not fair to include you in that group.

Doogie Interviews Coach Fleck

I'm about midway through this interview and Fleck goes to great detail about the process of the change he hopes to bring to the U.

A good listen. I expected more football talk, but wasn't disappointed there wasn't. Pretty impressive how he handled a personal tragedy. #ROWSBOWL

The man is genuine. Like him or hate him you are getting the real deal.

RTB!! Damn it!

Because "true fans" don't like people that are forthright and decisive. "True fans" don't like people with a plan. "True fans" don't like people that exude class and believe that you can dress for success. "True fans" don't like to be told that headphones and cell phones are a pox on society and limit communication skills. "True fans" don't like to be reminded that they are not "True fans".

Thank god I'm perfect.

Seriously, I don't know much, but I do know that except for few good seasons here and there, practically nothing else has worked for 50 years.

Remember to have your son steer recruits Minnesota's way

My son is a high school coach in Wisconsin and I have sent this to him hoping he will adopt some of this philosophy.

If his school ever has Big 10 caliber players either scholarship or PWO, please make sure to encourage him to have them attend Fleck's Minnesota camps.

I hope Fleck's plan comes to fruition. Would be nice to be able to see the Maroon and Gold held in the same esteem the Wisconsin and Iowa fans hold their teams.

Careful. The Fleck doubters, like PMWinSTP and MennoSota, will be mocking you for being too enthused about Fleck, and point out his stylistic flaws and gimmicks.

I don't doubt Fleck, I just doubt your imagination regarding Fleck.

Have him win football games and we'll see.

Get rid of the two headed snake, Kaler and Coyle, and I will be happy.

I don't doubt Fleck, I just doubt your imagination regarding Fleck.

Have him win football games and we'll see.

Get rid of the two headed snake, Kaler and Coyle, and I will be happy.

Coyle's the best Gopher AD in decades be thankful

Very Happy With Mark Coyle so far.

Regarding the Fleck video, at 8:30 on the video he nails it.

The way Fleck talks about his son is inspiring.

Can I get like a brief 5 minute daily video from this guy to inspire me each day.
Wow.

As Spoofin said, there has to be room for a middle ground. I don't hate Fleck - I don't want to see the team fail.

But, I have not bought into Fleck's shtick the way many others have done.

Look, it's personal - I just don't like people who come on too strong. If Fleck is at 11 on the amp, I just wish he'd turn it down to 8 or 9. You can be up-beat without being over the top, and I just think some of this stuff is over the top. Maybe in time I'll get used to it. Maybe I won't. It's entirely possible that I wind up watching Gopher games while grinding my teeth - because I love the program, and I don't love the coach. If that happens, so be it.

I could be dead wrong. Fleck could be the greatest guy in the world and the greatest coach of all time. I just don't like him. He reminds me of this guy I knew in college who was always trying to recruit me as an Amway dealer.

That is where I'm at.

As Spoofin said, there has to be room for a middle ground. I don't hate Fleck - I don't want to see the team fail.

Look, it's personal - I just don't like people who come on too strong. If Fleck is at 11 on the amp, I just wish he'd turn it down to 8 or 9. You can be up-beat without being over the top, and I just think some of this stuff is over the top. Maybe in time I'll get used to it. Maybe I won't. It's entirely possible that I wind up watching Gopher games while grinding my teeth - because I love the program, and I don't love the coach. If that happens, so be it.

I could be dead wrong. Fleck could be the greatest guy in the world and the greatest coach of all time. I just don't like him. He reminds me of this guy I knew in college who was always trying to recruit me as an Amway dealer.

That is where I'm at.

Oh, ick.

I hope this isn't just an MLM scheme.
Fleck hasn't asked me to be his downline yet.... and I didn't have to sit in a hotel conference surrounded by several other equally excited people who all feel like they are going to jump on the offer.

Coyle's the best Gopher AD in decades be thankful[/QUOTE]

Let's see ... what has he done?

1- Fired Claeys....check!

2- Hired Fleck....check!

3- Didn't fire Pitino...check!

I guess you are correct!!!

Fleck isn't trying to recruit you, Ole, he's going after 16 and 17 yr old boys.

That is where I'm at.

+1
Everything being Elite is too over the top for me. He also is contradictory with some of what he says. Example: His statement of "This culture isn't for everybody" If that is true why are we offering over 100 players for the 2018 class?
Want the GOPHERS to succeed, win a BIG West title, a BIG Championship and win the Rose Bowl. Ski-U-Mah

Because "true fans" don't like people that are forthright and decisive. "True fans" don't like people with a plan. "True fans" don't like people that exude class and believe that you can dress for success. "True fans" don't like to be told that headphones and cell phones are a pox on society and limit communication skills. "True fans" don't like to be reminded that they are not "True fans".

Thank god I'm perfect.

Seriously, I don't know much, but I do know that except for few good seasons here and there, practically nothing else has worked for 50 years.

You are officially my favorite Howfer Holer

Top Bottom