CBS' Jon Rothstein on Gophers next year: "Preseason Top 25 team. Deep."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Along with 5-6 other big10 teams. But i agree. Hopefully they can learn to handle the success.

I've been bullish on this team's potential all season and as I look ahead to next year, I keep hoping that our injured wing, Fitzgerald, can be the legitimate backup for Coffey. If Fitzy comes into the mix and adds more pop, then this team is going to be really dynamite. Adding Washington, Harris and Fitzy truly will make us deep.

1. Jordan Murphy playing well has really turned this team. Much harder to defend when he's playing well cleaning things up.
2. If Curry plays like he did tonight the rest of the way, that's strengthens the Gophers so much. Reggie Lynch fouling out hurt us in some many of our losses and Curry looked like a freshman. If plays confident, that's really a big factor going forward.
3. McBrayer is a player. Having another solid option who can hit free throws down the line is big. A little too much dribbling a couple times, but he seems to be gaining confidence as well.

Five games ago, we knew we'd need to win 3 of the next 5, and it was questionable whether they could. The kids go out and win five in a row, with tonight's being the biggest.
They now go to Maryland, and as a fan we'll be intrigued to watch instead of thinking it might just be a one-sided affair.

Great turnaround by the team and they should be fun next year for sure.

My one question going forward is Lynch and the fouls. If the Gophers want to be a top-25 team and make a run in the tournament, Lynch needs to be on the floor for at least 25+ minutes a game. Against some teams, they can get away with playing Curry at the 5 - but against bigger, stronger teams, it would nice to have a more physical presence in the middle.

If Lynch is playing 25+ minutes a game, then yes, this is a top-25 team next year. If Lynch is playing 15 minutes a game due to fouls, that's a big problem. Konate has moments, but he's still a little spooky for my taste. If Konate can give them even 10 solid minutes a game, that's a big plus.

I would certainly expect that the defending National Champion, returning all but one player while adding more talent would be in the top 25. Stupid tweet.

I would certainly expect that the defending National Champion, returning all but one player while adding more talent would be in the top 25. Stupid tweet.

Agreed. With Konate as the reigning NCAA tournament MVP, we'll be unstoppable next year.

Agreed. With Konate as the reigning NCAA tournament MVP, we'll be unstoppable next year.

Amazing how he pulled out that secret weapon reverse tomahawk put-back slam dunk just in time for the tournament run. I mean, how does a body even do that?! Nobody had it or his newfound crossover dribble on film.

What I love most about this team is any given night about 7 different guys could be the player of the game or lead this team in scoring. So much balance! Love how Pitino recruited this team.

Top Bottom