Gopherhole's Sports Huddle Recap: Coach P.J. Fleck - 2/19/17

I don't think it's that Fleck supporters aren't ok with the discomfort with some of the characteristics of his style. I think it's raising it as an issue that most find it as unsupportive. Even if it's not a Gopher fan's preferred style, why not just let it be? If it doesn't end up producing a winning program, then it's totally fair to question it. Why not give it a chance first, at least to the extent of criticizing it publicly, and see if it works for Gopher Football? That's all.

Fair enough. For sure there is pushing/pulling from both ends. Some folks are glass half full and will give it blind faith or a shot first. Some are glass half empty and will take the opposite approach. At the end of the day Ws/Ls will sort everything out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Dressing for success is not some sort of false mantra.

WSJ

Forbes

LinkedIn

People wear headphones to work out because they don't want to be bothered, not so the can "concentrate". Football and success are about confidence and communication.

My experience has been that people that brag about getting to dress like a slob at work are usually a slob at work. Just sayin'.

I never said that dressing for success is a "false mantra". I said that I don't think it's a big deal for college kids to wear hoodies to class. Extremely good schools with extremely intelligent and successful young people are full of students who dress casually for class.

As far as the headphones thing, that's fine if you think that. I have worked out 5 days a week for 20 years, music helps me concentrate (it blocks out the other distractions). Every weight room that I've ever been in is filled with people working hard with headphones in. You're right, you wear them so that you aren't bothered by other people, or any other distraction. I don't see how that is much different than concentration, or at least the kind of concentration that is required when you're lifting weights.

Again, these aren't huge issues. I'm not necessarily AGAINST the players wearing collared shirts, going to cooking classes or lifting without earbuds. I think they are essentially non-issues. However, my response was to someone saying something like "this kind of stuff doesn't show up in the GPA or APR". Well yeah, because they are absolute inconsequential compared to doing well in school.

Fair enough. For sure there is pushing/pulling from both ends. Some folks are glass half full and will give it blind faith or a shot first. Some are glass half empty and will take the opposite approach. At the end of the day Ws/Ls will sort everything out.

I'm a little different in that, I've seen PJ's approach in other areas, it either succeeds spectacularly or fails spectacularly. I'm content to see how things develop.

Again, these aren't huge issues. I'm not necessarily AGAINST the players wearing collared shirts, going to cooking classes or lifting without earbuds. I think they are essentially non-issues. However, my response was to someone saying something like "this kind of stuff doesn't show up in the GPA or APR". Well yeah, because they are absolute inconsequential compared to doing well in school.

Well said.

Learning how to cook is I believe is a great thing. Gals love the fact that their boyfriend or husband can cook. You'll typically eat healthier have more fun in a relationship. I think it is a great thing.
My wife loves my Van deKamps frozen fish meal. [emoji41] [emoji226]

On my way into the Barn, I heard the TCF speakers blaring Fleck's voice and the four elite spiritual laws. I figured he had all the kids out on the field before he was bringing them to the basketball game.

Top Bottom