Sid Hartman: Fleck aims to maintain close ties to state coaches

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

P.J. Fleck has been Gophers football coach for more than a month now, and after a flurry of recruiting activity the team is now getting ready for spring practices, which will start in March.

“So far so good,” Fleck said. “It has been [more than] four weeks and it is all positive, it really is. I see a town and a city and a state that is thriving for championships. They want to have the result someday that they all dream of. I see a team that’s willing to do it. We have a lot of challenges ahead of us, but the great thing is we can control a lot of those challenges. We have a lot of in-house work to do, but we’re definitely doing it, and I’m very happy to be here.”

One of the biggest connections that the Gophers tried to make under the Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys regime was with in-state high school coaches, and Fleck said that remains one of his top priorities for his staff. The Gophers held an open house for any high school coach last weekend, and the 36-year-old Fleck talked about their importance and his familiarity with them.

“Oh, the high school coaches, this is one of the reasons why I took the job,” said Fleck, a former assistant under Kill at Northern Illinois. “Some of my best experiences as an assistant football coach was here in the state of Minnesota when I used to recruit the state at Northern Illinois University.”

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-fleck-aims-to-maintain-gophers-close-ties-to-state-coaches/414171863/

Go Gophers!!

Predictable.

I look forward to the HC who is all "You know screw the local rubes!"

Top Bottom