Gopher players will run extra if lockers not organized, no collar shirts, etc

Had a class with a player when kill was coach, every day someone showed up to check that he was there. I imagine the same will be happening. They better get to class early to get those seats!

Have we considered that after the last few months, the FB team needs to improve their image and this would be an attempt at that? They may have top marks in APR but the sexual assault scandal has all but hidden those accomplishments.

This culture building effort starts with little things, like clean lockers and front row seating for class. Bigger changes like community outreach will build on the little changes. It may help build great student athletes, but will ultimately improve the public image of the football program.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Didn't a Tennessee head coach have rules on how to take a shower? I remember a bizarre press conference where he demonstrated how to use soap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife is a professor (at a different university) and she usually just rolls her eyes at the little factoids I serve up to her about sports, but she has been genuinely supportive of the changes that Fleck is trying to instill in the classrooms. She has had some frustrating experiences with athletes and thinks that some of these rules will go along way to helping these kids succeed in college/life.

Has she had frustrating experiences with students who are not athletes ?

I have read some tremendous biographies on Vince Lombardi, whom I find to have been an extraordinary personality.

A lot of the things that he demanded of his players, the "family things" things, the way you present yourself in public, private, and in life are errily close to many of the things you hear Coach Fleck promoting..... In my book, it's all valuable.

Just an fun observation...

Has she had frustrating experiences with students who are not athletes ?

Oh, for sure. She is not an athlete-hating professor by any means but feels the rules being installed by Fleck will be nothing but a positive. Don't get me wrong, I am not claiming that these rules will have any effect with on the field performance...but they do seem to be positive installations.

Top Bottom