Shooter: Claeys met with Bielema about DC job; Claeys still disillusioned abt firing

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Ex-Gophers football coach Tracy Claeys recently met with Arkansas coach Bret Bielema about the Razorbacks’ defensive coordinator job but didn’t get it. Instead, Bielema promoted defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads. New Gophers coach P.J. Fleck ended up hiring Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith.

Claeys, still disillusioned about his firing by Minnesota, the other day visited with pal Jerry Kill, the new Rutgers offensive coordinator.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...ill-take-pitcher-hunter-greene-no-1-in-draft/

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Ex-Gophers football coach Tracy Claeys recently met with Arkansas coach Bret Bielema about the Razorbacks’ defensive coordinator job but didn’t get it. Instead, Bielema promoted defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads. New Gophers coach P.J. Fleck ended up hiring Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith.

Claeys, still disillusioned about his firing by Minnesota, the other day visited with pal Jerry Kill, the new Rutgers offensive coordinator.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...ill-take-pitcher-hunter-greene-no-1-in-draft/

Go Gophers!!

Small world, eh? Trade our old DC for Arkansas DC more or less. Pretty weird if it would have happened

Small world, eh? Trade our old DC for Arkansas DC more or less. Pretty weird if it would have happened

No need to worry about being weird, per the note in the original post:

"but didn’t get it. Instead, Bielema promoted defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads."

Go Gophers!!

No need to worry about being weird, per the note in the original post:

"but didn’t get it. Instead, Bielema promoted defensive backs coach Paul Rhoads."

Go Gophers!!

Bert has one foot on a banana peel...

TC is in a tough spot. I think he's probably better off taking a year off, but there's the risk that if you take a year off, you might never get back in.

TC is in a tough spot. I think he's probably better off taking a year off, but there's the risk that if you take a year off, you might never get back in.

I've thought the same. He has a pretty good track record so I think a year off wouldn't be a blow to his chances of getting some good offers. Right or wrong, I think he is a tough sell for a real solid program right now. A year off should change the perception a lot

I don't think taking a year off will hurt TC that much he was fired very late in the hiring cycle. He needs to keep his hand in it maybe visiting some teams during training camp to get back more into the DC mode.

Thank goodness for the fired head coach that the boycott was such a resounding success. Assuming kids in school will soon be studying it in place of the Montgomery bus boycott and Drew's name will be right up there with Rosa's.

Thank goodness for the fired head coach that the boycott was such a resounding success. Assuming kids in school will soon be studying it in place of the Montgomery bus boycott and Drew's name will be right up there with Rosa's.

Really?

You're a real class act, Mulligan. Glad to see you've got better things to do than kick around ex Gopher players and coaches.

How quickly we forget how far this program has come on the field and in the class room.

He was the best defensive coordinator I've seen at Minnesota in my lifetime. So I think they won't have any trouble getting another shot at that level. Head coach is a little dicier.

I'm not inclined to shed any tears for TC. He had a chance, and things looked promising, but he muffed it by siding with the inmates against the asylum.

He was the best defensive coordinator I've seen at Minnesota in my lifetime. So I think they won't have any trouble getting another shot at that level. Head coach is a little dicier.

Ted Roof is the best in my lifetime. 2008 was a fun year to watch the Gophers play defense.

Top Bottom