Shooter: New Mexico (9-4 w/ bowl win) is reducing ticket price to increase attendance

UNM averaged under 19,000 fans per game

And I wouldn't compare the two 9-4 records. Lobos' best win was against Wyoming.

They can lower prices if they want but the real reason they had poor attendance was a couple of those 4 losses took away the "buzz" from their season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No way losses have any impact on attendance

No way you would make up more things that no one ever said.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Flat out lies are more your style. Have I claimed anyone else won't visit or is it still just the 4?

Are we begging to be New Mexico State?

Anyway I saw a facebook post advertising season tickets, prices have not changed.

Why wouldn't you compare? Gophers best win was against Northwestern.

Washington State.

Minnesota (9-4) used outstanding defense, one TD off a turnover, another off a tipped pass and a field goal to upset Washington State (8-5), a 10 1/2-point favorite coming into the 39th edition of the Holiday Bowl.

Minnesota head coach Tracy Claeys summed it all up in four words: “Great, great, great effort.”

Washington State’s “Air Raid” offense turned out to be a false alarm.

Minnesota’s defense forced a Cougars team averaging 40 points a game to punt eight times and kept it out of the end zone until the game’s final minute. Washington State finished with 303 yards in total offense after ranking No. 15 in the nation in the category with 497.5 yards a game.

“We did a good job forcing them to keep dumping the ball underneath without giving up the play over the top,” Claeys said. “It still goes back to, some people want to call it bend don’t break, but that’s how you play that type of offense.”

Cougars quarterback Luke Falk, ranked among the nation’s top five quarterbacks in several statistical categories, completed 30-of-51 attempts, but most of his passes were for short gains. He finished with 264 yards and one touchdown.

Anyone that complains about the season ticket price for Gopher Football is, well, put it this way, for the fun I get out of it, it is a hell of a value.
(not considering the "donation" fees)....

Every time I come on this site I see you in a pissing match with someone. You honestly might want to reassess your life. There has to be something you could be doing that's better than arguing with faceless posters on a message board.

You come off as a complete pain in the a$$, but it's more than that. You're clearly a loser. You ruin this board. Just go away already. You're beyond pathetic, and your arguments are even worse.

LOSER.

OK. Thanks.

Washington State.

Minnesota (9-4) used outstanding defense, one TD off a turnover, another off a tipped pass and a field goal to upset Washington State (8-5), a 10 1/2-point favorite coming into the 39th edition of the Holiday Bowl.

Minnesota head coach Tracy Claeys summed it all up in four words: “Great, great, great effort.”

Washington State’s “Air Raid” offense turned out to be a false alarm.

Minnesota’s defense forced a Cougars team averaging 40 points a game to punt eight times and kept it out of the end zone until the game’s final minute. Washington State finished with 303 yards in total offense after ranking No. 15 in the nation in the category with 497.5 yards a game.

“We did a good job forcing them to keep dumping the ball underneath without giving up the play over the top,” Claeys said. “It still goes back to, some people want to call it bend don’t break, but that’s how you play that type of offense.”

Cougars quarterback Luke Falk, ranked among the nation’s top five quarterbacks in several statistical categories, completed 30-of-51 attempts, but most of his passes were for short gains. He finished with 264 yards and one touchdown.

Those are great quotes for Tracy Claeys a coach the U has moved on from.

-A Bowl game and a Washington State Bowl Game win is a lot better when all the talk is about the game and not about players boycotting or players be investigated for crimes by the university.

Those are great quotes for Tracy Claeys a coach the U has moved on from.

-A Bowl game and a Washington State Bowl Game win is a lot better when all the talk is about the game and not about players boycotting or players be investigated for crimes by the university.

Yeah, you were wrong.

"Why wouldn't you compare? Gophers best win was against Northwestern."

Every time I come on this site I see you in a pissing match with someone. You honestly might want to reassess your life. There has to be something you could be doing that's better than arguing with faceless posters on a message board.

You come off as a complete pain in the a$$, but it's more than that. You're clearly a loser. You ruin this board. Just go away already. You're beyond pathetic, and your arguments are even worse.

LOSER.
Those are some very valid points, but I'm pretty sure he enjoys being all of the above.

Those are some very valid points, but I'm pretty sure he enjoys being all of the above.

High road?
I'd also suggest you check DMB's post history before siding with him. He doesn't meet your criteria at all. Something about a pot and kettle fits better.

All things considered, I think it would have been a nice gesture for the U of MN to drop all season tickets prices by a nominal amount - even it was only $5 or $10 - just enough so they could honestly say they reduced season ticket prices.

Combine that with a letter to all current season ticket holders - AND former ticket holders who dropped in recent years. In the letter, Coyle and Fleck could have talked about their goals for the program, etc, and issued a tacit apology for some of the issues with the program in recent years.

I think that type of move would have been well-received by the fans and generated some positive feedback (hopefully) in the media.
If it brings in some new season tickets, the increased revenue would have offset any losses from the price cut.

Anyway, that's what I would have done. I'm sure Coyle is getting a lot done behind the scenes......................................

Anyone that complains about the season ticket price for Gopher Football is, well, put it this way, for the fun I get out of it, it is a hell of a value.
(not considering the "donation" fees)....
You're living in a fantasy world. With no sell outs the value is in waiting until the last moment and buying below ticket price.

UMN is overpriced in both football and basketball.

Coyle already said that he would stop the last season ticket donation price increase (I believe that what it was) Of course everyone would like lower ticket prices but overall they're fairly cheap compared to other B1G schools and I would rather have them focus on improving the gameday atmosphere rather than lowering ticket prices. Make the experience worth the price.

You're living in a fantasy world. With no sell outs the value is in waiting until the last moment and buying below ticket price.

UMN is overpriced in both football and basketball.

I like my routine gig... same seat, same people around me, not having to shop or go early to scalp a ticket... My opinion... limited fantasy.

IMO, the biggest reason for the drop was a particular schedule.

I do think that the way the tickets were raised made a difference to some people. It wasn't that people couldn't afford the tickets or that they were no longer a value, it just felt kind of strange.

I think the U should reduce their ticket price. I'm not sure it would make a huge difference but as a gesture.

BTW - Our attendance next year is going to be better. New coaches always generate buzz and Fleck is a good salesperson. The only way to sustain that kind of attendance is by winning. If we can rattle off 9/10 win seasons and challenge for the B10 West, people will eventually show up. We don't have the most sophisticated college football fanbase, so it will take a bit longer here.

IMO, the biggest reason for the drop was a particular schedule.

I do think that the way the tickets were raised made a difference to some people. It wasn't that people couldn't afford the tickets or that they were no longer a value, it just felt kind of strange.

A LOT of season ticket holders dropped their seats last year. Many of these were long time season ticket holders. Good schedules come and go and typically long time season ticket holders stay through it all. Yes, a good schedule can raise ticket sales a bit, especially for visitors when the opponents are Iowa, Wisconsin, etc.

I talked to a LOT of friends, acquaintances, and strangers that had dropped their season tickets prior to last season. 100% of these people said they dropped their tickets due to scholarship seating price increases. Correspondingly, exactly 0% of the people I talked to dropped their season tickets because "the home schedule isn't as good this year." Most had kept their season tickets through years of really bad non-conference Mason schedules.

My survey was far from scientific. I'm sure there are fans that dropped their seats due to the poor draw of the schedule, somewhere. But in general, I feel scholarship seating was the biggest reason for the decline in ticket sales.

The dramatic rise in ticket prices were a HUGE deciding factor, for A LOT of people.

There's just too much competition for people's dollars in New Mexico, what with Casa de Auto and all...

I'm just thankful that Shooter finally dug so deep for this scoop. Thousands of people in the Twin Cities metro area have been clamoring for an update on New Mexico's season ticket prices. Many media members wouldn't have had the courage to tackle such a story.

I'm just thankful that Shooter finally dug so deep for this scoop. Thousands of people in the Twin Cities metro area have been clamoring for an update on New Mexico's season ticket prices. Many media members wouldn't have had the courage to tackle such a story.

#NotTheEnemy

A LOT of season ticket holders dropped their seats last year. Many of these were long time season ticket holders. Good schedules come and go and typically long time season ticket holders stay through it all. Yes, a good schedule can raise ticket sales a bit, especially for visitors when the opponents are Iowa, Wisconsin, etc.

I talked to a LOT of friends, acquaintances, and strangers that had dropped their season tickets prior to last season. 100% of these people said they dropped their tickets due to scholarship seating price increases. Correspondingly, exactly 0% of the people I talked to dropped their season tickets because "the home schedule isn't as good this year." Most had kept their season tickets through years of really bad non-conference Mason schedules.

My survey was far from scientific. I'm sure there are fans that dropped their seats due to the poor draw of the schedule, somewhere. But in general, I feel scholarship seating was the biggest reason for the decline in ticket sales.

The dramatic rise in ticket prices were a HUGE deciding factor, for A LOT of people.

I think the point is the weak home schedule didn't help to generate any new season ticket sales. Definitely agree the donation increase caused the drop in existing season ticket holders, with the schedule making it that much easier to let them go. I went from 4 to 2 for both reasons, with the donation increase the driving factor. The thought of having to find 2-3 people to go given the schedule looked pretty challenging. As it turned out, even getting one person last season was more challenging than I expected...which was directly related to who Gophs played.

Top Bottom