Great SWEEP for Gophers!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Wow, what a thrilling win tonight!!!

SWEEP!

Go Gophers!!

That was an absolutely incredible game! So much character and resolve to tie with 6 seconds left and win in OT. I love to see The Don and staff so emotional as well. Ski-U-MAH!!!

To tie after the penalty shot was quite impressive! If that was a worthy penalty shot in the first place!? My non-Gopher friends were very into too. Big Ten hockey is alive! :)

An entertaining weekend and Pitlick was outstanding. Good to see Lucia and staff celebrate.

Didn't think that should have been a penalty shot. Great comeback though. Ending kinda reminded me of the 2002 championship against Maine.

That was the best game of the year (well if you only watched the third period). What a comeback, what a way to stick it to Penn St. Loved it. This team is special this year. I already have my frozen four tickets for Chicago. Looking forward to a UMD v UMN final...

Mostly a Gopher football fan but loved the game! Its the reverse of many football games that I have suffered through - Gopher footballers outplay a more talented team for 55 minutes and then manage to lose. Its nice to root for the team that has the greater talent. Go Gophers!!

I thought the penalty shot call was bogus. Definitely a trip, but he was stride for stride with the guy. Unless they changed the rules on penalty shots, they were effectively handing the game to Penn State. Nice to see them snatch it back and see the Nits heads bowed in shame. Very little better than seeing at OT win in another building and sending them home silent. Good riddance Lions.

I thought the penalty shot call was bogus. Definitely a trip, but he was stride for stride with the guy. Unless they changed the rules on penalty shots, they were effectively handing the game to Penn State. Nice to see them snatch it back and see the Nits heads bowed in shame. Very little better than seeing at OT win in another building and sending them home silent. Good riddance Lions.

It is fun we went 4-0 against a team that had fans starting to believe when they held the #1 ranking for all of a week. We sweep Wisconsin and we win the Big Ten again (how many straight conference titles would that be, 7?).

It is fun we went 4-0 against a team that had fans starting to believe when they held the #1 ranking for all of a week. We sweep Wisconsin and we win the Big Ten again (how many straight conference titles would that be, 7?).

IF they win the conference again this year it'd be 6 straight. It'd be an incredible, if not unprecedented accomplishment. I'm just happy that we've been to Madison already.

Most exciting ending to any hockey game I've seen in quite awhile. Knowing I've been there before- I overly enjoyed the Penn State fan's reactions after the Gophers tied it up with 7 seconds and then with goal in overtime.

Top Bottom