Why do we not sell out the barn?

I figured this was the case. There was no way this game was sold out. Can't buy regular or student tickets on Gophersports site due to "technical" error for 2 days now.

Wow. Unbelievable no one in ticket office caught this until short time ago? Somebody should be fired. I guess those selling for big premiums on Stubhub were happy.

https://twitter.com/GopherSports/status/833434338570149888

i Have incredible seats at Williams and at the Kohl Center and UVA. The Gopher seats are by far the most expensive when you factor in the seat lisc.. But the biggest reason by far is winning. Pre Dick Bennett UW had the faithful 8000 during decades of horrific basketball. Started to win, got a incredible facility, got to the final 4, got Bo RYAN AND won at a rate in the conference that has never been equaled. That brings sellout after sellout. UVA had no one who wanted to go for 20 years, started to win really big, Two ACC titles and the conference tourney title and every game is a sell out. Conversly, Missouri used to always sell out and now after a few years of losing and scandal no one goes. Gophers will sell everything in site when they win consistently and The Barn will be one of the 10 best places to see a game.

The only correction I would make is the Kohl Center is a generic facility. It is nothing special.

I figured this was the case. There was no way this game was sold out. Can't buy regular or student tickets on Gophersports site due to "technical" error for 2 days now.

Wow. Unbelievable no one in ticket office caught this until short time ago? Somebody should be fired. I guess those selling for big premiums on Stubhub were happy.

The guys charged with selling don't even know they cannot sell for days. You can't make this stuff up.

In a city where the professional team has tickets that range from $25 to $340 per seat, the Gophers tickets seem affordable.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not when you look at the cheapest ticket available! $40 for the gophers (in single game tickets) are 160% of the price of the timberwolves cheapest ticket! from what I can tell the expensive tickets aren't having trouble selling.

Absolutely no excuse for this. Ridiculous.

I hadn't been to a game in years & my buddy and I decided to go last night. It was a lot of fun and worth the money.

However, I will say that when I bought tickets through the U, I was surprised at the prices. Now, we had tickets, upper baseline, row 3. They were outstanding seats. So much that if I did decide to get season tickets, upper deck in those first 4 rows is where I'd look at wanting to get them. But they were $55 a ticket, on top of a ticket charge that's making Ticketmaster proud.

I understand why it's done; thinking is probably they want to find someone like me that will go to 1 game a year. There's enough people in the Twin Cities that they probably can do that. But I think upper deck on the ends shouldn't be higher than $25-$40, depending on the zone & regardless of the opponent. I think all of the big 3 could use a little price adjustment. I don't think slashing them big time is necessary, but there's no reason the Barn shouldn't have been full last night.

$45 in the upper deck, bench seat, have to climb 2 flights of stairs, no concessions, no restrooms...not real hard to find out why the corners are routinely empty. Regardless of team success, I do not see that changing much.

Brought my 3 kids to their first game. Tickets were $48 before all of the various fees on StubHub. Through the U they were more. Sat on the benches in 114 (corner). Seat #4 by us had a beam over the seat at about 18 inches. Took a picture of my 8 year old son trying to sit there all hunched over. For our seats, if the people in front stood up, we had to stand up and couldn't see because of the beam. No, these were not "obstructed" seats. These tickets should have been about $10. I was pretty disappointed and felt bad my kids couldn't see when it got exciting. My one son just bleeeeeeeds maroon and gold so I felt pretty bad for him. We still enjoyed it, but I certainly feel like I was taken advantage of and didn't get fair value (remember, StubHub was CHEAPER than the U). We won't be back anytime soon. Much better to watch them on TV than spend that kind of money on that experience. It isn't hard for me to see why they don't sell out.

Brought my 3 kids to their first game. Tickets were $48 before all of the various fees on StubHub. Through the U they were more. Sat on the benches in 114 (corner). Seat #4 by us had a beam over the seat at about 18 inches. Took a picture of my 8 year old son trying to sit there all hunched over. For our seats, if the people in front stood up, we had to stand up and couldn't see because of the beam. No, these were not "obstructed" seats. These tickets should have been about $10. I was pretty disappointed and felt bad my kids couldn't see when it got exciting. My one son just bleeeeeeeds maroon and gold so I felt pretty bad for him. We still enjoyed it, but I certainly feel like I was taken advantage of and didn't get fair value (remember, StubHub was CHEAPER than the U). We won't be back anytime soon. Much better to watch them on TV than spend that kind of money on that experience. It isn't hard for me to see why they don't sell out.

I hear you, it can be an investment. Check out section 201 next time. By far the best value seats I've seen on stub hub. A bit high up but I prefer this perspective over anything in the corner. Gopher's offense is on the near side in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you, it can be an investment. Check out section 201 next time. By far the best value seats I've seen on stub hub. A bit high up but I prefer this perspective over anything in the corner. Gopher's offense is on the near side in the second half.

I have 2 season tix in 201 and enjoy the game perspective.
nooram-20140110121537.jpg

I have 2 season tix in 201 and enjoy the game perspective.
View attachment 4780

I sat in 201 for the Badger game, my favorite seats in the stadium are the first couple rows in the upper deck. While in school I sat courtside quite a bit and it's too difficult to watch the action on the other end of the floor. 200 level (preferebly 207 first 3 rows) is by far best value IMO.

I sat in 201 for the Badger game, my favorite seats in the stadium are the first couple rows in the upper deck. While in school I sat courtside quite a bit and it's too difficult to watch the action on the other end of the floor. 200 level (preferebly 207 first 3 rows) is by far best value IMO.

Our seats are first row, second deck behind the Gopher bench. I wouldn't trade that view, with no one in front of us, with great site lines and the "overhang" for 85% of the lower level seats. First row second deck at The Barn is very hard to beat.

Go Gophers!!

You can get tickets for 20% off through the Gopher site for the Penn State game. Enter 20wins in the promo area.

Our seats are first row, second deck behind the Gopher bench. I wouldn't trade that view, with no one in front of us, with great site lines and the "overhang" for 85% of the lower level seats. First row second deck at The Barn is very hard to beat.

Go Gophers!!

Bleed I'll drive over from Green Bay any day to sit with you, especially if you've got those seats.

A quick count on the MyGopherSports.com website indicates 133 upper deck and 37 lower deck seats remain for the Penn State game.

A quick count on the MyGopherSports.com website indicates 133 upper deck and 37 lower deck seats remain for the Penn State game.

I didn't expect that. Hopefully we can sell it out.

To be clear, i have great seats at the Kohl Center and it is not in my top 20 places to see a game but what it does for recruits and their families is amazing. The Nicholas practice facility is as nice as they come and within the Kohl. the locker rooms and players lounge is off the hook. UVA did much better at JPJ where their facilities are second to none, really cool architecture , the study center, player lounge, cafeteria, weightroom, film room, practice facility and locker room. Every visiting coach says it is good as it gets. But for us older folks the old places have a special feel. Phog is tops for me followed by Cameron and Hinkle but all of those have been enhanced by tremendous history of success. The U does not have that success on so back to why it is not packed. Win the conference more than once, never cheat and getting a ticket will be very tough and the atmosphere will be top notch.

They have released online many of the major/minor obstructed tickets that were previously unavailable. Also, the corner section of 203 has been released.

To be clear, i have great seats at the Kohl Center and it is not in my top 20 places to see a game but what it does for recruits and their families is amazing. The Nicholas practice facility is as nice as they come and within the Kohl. the locker rooms and players lounge is off the hook. UVA did much better at JPJ where their facilities are second to none, really cool architecture , the study center, player lounge, cafeteria, weightroom, film room, practice facility and locker room. Every visiting coach says it is good as it gets. But for us older folks the old places have a special feel. Phog is tops for me followed by Cameron and Hinkle but all of those have been enhanced by tremendous history of success. The U does not have that success on so back to why it is not packed. Win the conference more than once, never cheat and getting a ticket will be very tough and the atmosphere will be top notch.

Gotta say Hinkle is the right shape. Pretty cool! :cool:

They have released online many of the major/minor obstructed tickets that were previously unavailable. Also, the corner section of 203 has been released.

Thanks! Was looking to pick up two tickets and take my son to his first game, but only single seats were available. Gobbled up two in 203 :)

Just picked up 2 tix in 215! Anyone know if they'll scan the ticket on your phone? Or do you have to print and have a physical piece of paper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great here of the new fans that have never been to a gophers game! Your going to fall in love with the barn! Enjoy.

Top Bottom