I can't keep up

Rog

Reaction score
I never seen anything like this recruiting push at the U of MN. Not only for next years signers but beyond that. WOW!

I couldn't agree more! I have waited 30 years for this atmosphere at the U...I think the times they are a changing.

Hopefully some of these guys actually sign, if they do and Fleck can coach them up half as well as Kill/Claeys and company than we might have something

This is kind of the genesis of my seemingly ridiculous claim that I prefer Fleck to Claeys even if the results aren't drastically different. This is part of the enjoyment for me...I obviously want the team to win as many games as humanly possible, but the offseason is long and recruiting drama/excitement are almost as much of a draw for me as the games (in fact, considering results in my lifetime, I could argue the offseasons are more fun the games).

This is kind of the genesis of my seemingly ridiculous claim that I prefer Fleck to Claeys even if the results aren't drastically different. This is part of the enjoyment for me...I obviously want the team to win as many games as humanly possible, but the offseason is long and recruiting drama/excitement are almost as much of a draw for me as the games (in fact, considering results in my lifetime, I could argue the offseasons are more fun the games).

I agree, off seasons are way more fun except for 2014, that was a fun season.

Until he visits recruits via helicopter, color me unimpressed.

Boosters pls....

tumblr_m6sro0FqgH1qgoxp4o2_250.gif

I never seen anything like this recruiting push at the U of MN. Not only for next years signers but beyond that. WOW!
Didn't Brewster land a top 20 class? I have seen something like this before.

Deep down, I think a lot of posters agree with you. It's almost like how people have football video games and simulate the seasons to draft/recruit, etc. I'm not ripping on your preference, I think a lot of people are in your camp when it comes to college football (most just don't admit it).

Except the class kinda fizzled out. IIRC there were a few that didn't get in and lost a lot more along the way.

On signing day, yes. In August when they enrolled? No. If I recall, the Rivals Enrolled Rankings were somewhere in the high 30's.

Except the class kinda fizzled out. IIRC there were a few that didn't get in and lost a lot more along the way.

Yeah, that's why I said "offseason". There are people on the board that like the offseason more than the season, so I don't get why the recruits fizzling out would really matter to them.

On signing day, yes. In August when they enrolled? No. If I recall, the Rivals Enrolled Rankings were somewhere in the high 30's.

Yeah, but even that is a little off, because the biggest loss was Gray. Well, Gray eventually enrolled. So if you re-calculated the the rivals rankings with Gray, we would have been close to 20.

We only had 1 other guy who did not get into school (Vincent Hill), who was a 4 star WR. So we would have dropped a little.

Most of the attrition with this class happened later. . .

Kevin Whaley
Broderick Smith
Tremaine Brock
Sam Maresh

Oddly enough, that class wasn't THAT hurt by attrition, and also contained Mike Rallis as a PWO.

Yep, Brew had a good year in terms of recruiting rankings therefore if Fleck does the same it is just more proof that he is Brewster 2.0. Much better to not even go after those pesky highly rated kids, better to recruit the under the radar kids that aren't getting much attention from other power 5 schools.

Top Bottom