Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: I can't keep up

  1. #1

    Default I can't keep up

    I never seen anything like this recruiting push at the U of MN. Not only for next years signers but beyond that. WOW!


  2. Default

    I breathe into a paper bag, it helps.

  3. #3

    Default

    I couldn't agree more! I have waited 30 years for this atmosphere at the U...I think the times they are a changing.

  4. #4

    Default

    Try Viagra
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedave23 View Post
    I don't think I've ever read anything on gopher hole more spot on than these sentences. Ever.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    5,337

    Default

    Hopefully some of these guys actually sign, if they do and Fleck can coach them up half as well as Kill/Claeys and company than we might have something

  6. #6

    Default

    This is kind of the genesis of my seemingly ridiculous claim that I prefer Fleck to Claeys even if the results aren't drastically different. This is part of the enjoyment for me...I obviously want the team to win as many games as humanly possible, but the offseason is long and recruiting drama/excitement are almost as much of a draw for me as the games (in fact, considering results in my lifetime, I could argue the offseasons are more fun the games).

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHomer View Post
    This is kind of the genesis of my seemingly ridiculous claim that I prefer Fleck to Claeys even if the results aren't drastically different. This is part of the enjoyment for me...I obviously want the team to win as many games as humanly possible, but the offseason is long and recruiting drama/excitement are almost as much of a draw for me as the games (in fact, considering results in my lifetime, I could argue the offseasons are more fun the games).

    I agree, off seasons are way more fun except for 2014, that was a fun season.

  8. Default

    Until he visits recruits via helicopter, color me unimpressed.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Until he visits recruits via helicopter, color me unimpressed.
    Boosters pls....


  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    I never seen anything like this recruiting push at the U of MN. Not only for next years signers but beyond that. WOW!
    Didn't Brewster land a top 20 class? I have seen something like this before.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHomer View Post
    This is kind of the genesis of my seemingly ridiculous claim that I prefer Fleck to Claeys even if the results aren't drastically different. This is part of the enjoyment for me...I obviously want the team to win as many games as humanly possible, but the offseason is long and recruiting drama/excitement are almost as much of a draw for me as the games (in fact, considering results in my lifetime, I could argue the offseasons are more fun the games).

    Deep down, I think a lot of posters agree with you. It's almost like how people have football video games and simulate the seasons to draft/recruit, etc. I'm not ripping on your preference, I think a lot of people are in your camp when it comes to college football (most just don't admit it).

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruDat View Post
    Didn't Brewster land a top 20 class? I have seen something like this before.
    Yeah, that was actually a crazy exciting offseason.

  13. Default

    Except the class kinda fizzled out. IIRC there were a few that didn't get in and lost a lot more along the way.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TruDat View Post
    Didn't Brewster land a top 20 class? I have seen something like this before.
    On signing day, yes. In August when they enrolled? No. If I recall, the Rivals Enrolled Rankings were somewhere in the high 30's.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJUgopher View Post
    Except the class kinda fizzled out. IIRC there were a few that didn't get in and lost a lot more along the way.
    Yeah, that's why I said "offseason". There are people on the board that like the offseason more than the season, so I don't get why the recruits fizzling out would really matter to them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •