Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I'm an optimist. Glass half full. Still get hammered when I post I think 8 reg. season wins this year is reasonable to expect. Guess being optimistic about this year makes me a PJ hater somehow.
    This is easy to understand. The more you like PJF the less you expect this year. 8 wins expected demonstrates a hater. If you really were an optimist about PJF, as you claim, you would be expecting much lesser results. Maybe 4 wins would demonstrate that better. Less than that if you REALLY liked him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Can't wait to see how the anti-Fleck crowd is going to spin this one...
    Not anti-Fleck, but I put this right up there with throwing tennis balls.

Can't wait to see how the anti-Fleck crowd is going to spin this one...
    Can you see how ironic this is? No one had made a single negative post until yours. They still haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by BilldGopher View Post
    I've internalized Coach Claeys dismissal to seeing our Athletic Director as a snake and the University President not much better.

As for Coach Fleck, very pumped.

Just like when Coach Kill was hired, and then Tracy took over, there are times you just have to have faith.

For me...In Fleck We Trust.
    In any case...we're Flecked!

So......whiffle ball, huh? Gotta change it up once in awhile. Fleck seems like very much a player's coach.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Do you really think there's an anti-Fleck crowd? I think the great majority of posters desperately want him to succeed but there are some who want to see some substance to his shtick which I can fully understand.
    Yeah I haven't seen it either.

7. Default

Wiffle ball is tons of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Wiffle ball is tons of fun.
    Could throw a great curve ball and also could never hit one...with the skinny bat.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Could throw a great curve ball and also could never hit one...with the skinny bat.
    Well in fairness, wiffle ball curve balls are absolute insanity. When I played we had a rule that you could only throw knuckle balls or put "a little" spin on it because it just gets absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Can you see how ironic this is? No one had made a single negative post until yours. They still haven't.
    Mine was a bad joke.
    Do you really want to compare the negativeness of our post histories?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Well in fairness, wiffle ball curve balls are absolute insanity. When I played we had a rule that you could only throw knuckle balls or put "a little" spin on it because it just gets absurd.
    But man that feeling when you were batting and were able to connect on a nasty curveball.

12. Default

But man that feeling when you were batting and were able to connect on a nasty curveball.
    So true, but then at night someone had to sneak out and climb up the poorly secured ladder at the neighboring fast food join to get on the roof to retrieve the dingers...

Very true...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    This is easy to understand. The more you like PJF the less you expect this year. 8 wins expected demonstrates a hater. If you really were an optimist about PJF, as you claim, you would be expecting much lesser results. Maybe 4 wins would demonstrate that better. Less than that if you REALLY liked him.
    Key word is EXPECTED. I think 8 wins is possible, but I'm not going to make demands like that of a coach in his first year in a new city with new players who have to learn new schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Day...Maybe View Post
    13-1 at Western Michigan, played Wisconsin better than any Gophers team in the last decade. Coached a MAC team to a top 15 final ranking. He's all shtick, either that or those Gopher football fans don't know much about college football.

Maybe not in a decade, but Kill's 2009 NIU team played Wisconsin tougher than Minnesota had since 05'.

I think most people are just being cautiously optimistic.

Regarding the Whiffle ball, good team building exercise.