Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default STrib: P.J. Fleck surprises Gophers, swaps football for whiffle ball

per Jason:

P.J. Fleck's charge to be "elite" also apparently allows for some fun.

The Gophers football team arrived at the Gibson-Nagurski football complex Tuesday morning to a surprise. Instead of the planned workout, the team played whiffle ball.

Gophers football general manager Gerrit Chernoff tweeted photos of the action with the caption “Some ELITE morning surprise whiffle ball! #RTB.”

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-fleck...all/413983323/

Go Gophers!!

Pitching duel between PJ Fleck and Drew Hmielewski

Can't wait to see how the anti-Fleck crowd is going to spin this one...

Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Me too.

Do you really think there's an anti-Fleck crowd? I think the great majority of posters desperately want him to succeed but there are some who want to see some substance to his shtick which I can fully understand.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Do you really think there's an anti-Fleck crowd? I think the great majority of posters desperately want him to succeed but there are some who want to see some substance to his shtick which I can fully understand.
    I don't think it's so much that there's an anti-Fleck crowd, but there are some posters that clearly think they are superior and more intelligent and have to tolerate their subordinates.

Spot on. Still don't get that now that he's here, his biggest supporters are worried about realistic expectations.

Preparing to be hammered in 3...2...1...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Spot on. Still don't get that now that he's here, his biggest supporters are worried about realistic expectations.

Preparing to be hammered in 3...2...1...
    To quote Yogi Berra: "It's Deja vu all over again."

1. It's just general optimism vs. general pessimism, not an anti-Fleck crowd. I'm an optimist. I drink lots of Kool Aid. If I get burned by that, I move on.

2. Many posters don't like the way the Claeys firing went down (including myself) and are carrying that energy over into their assessment of Fleck (unlike myself). I see the Claeys thing as spilled milk and unrelated to Fleck.

3. To each his own.

4. Whiffle ball is awesome.

13-1 at Western Michigan, played Wisconsin better than any Gophers team in the last decade. Coached a MAC team to a top 15 final ranking. He's all shtick, either that or those Gopher football fans don't know much about college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Many posters don't like the way the Claeys firing went down (including myself) and are carrying that energy over into their assessment of Fleck (unlike myself). I see the Claeys thing as spilled milk and unrelated to Fleck.
    I've internalized Coach Claeys dismissal to seeing our Athletic Director as a snake and the University President not much better.

As for Coach Fleck, very pumped.

Just like when Coach Kill was hired, and then Tracy took over, there are times you just have to have faith.

For me...In Fleck We Trust.

Blog Entries

I bet the young men enjoyed themselves!!!

1. It's just general optimism vs. general pessimism, not an anti-Fleck crowd. I'm an optimist. I drink lots of Kool Aid. If I get burned by that, I move on.

3. To each his own.

4. Whiffle ball is awesome.

Whiffle ball is totally awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Day...Maybe View Post
    13-1 at Western Michigan, played Wisconsin better than any Gophers team in the last decade. Coached a MAC team to a top 15 final ranking. He's all shtick, either that or those Gopher football fans don't know much about college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm an optimist. Glass half full. Still get hammered when I post I think 8 reg. season wins this year is reasonable to expect. Guess being optimistic about this year makes me a PJ hater somehow.

Phil Niekro would have been a great wiffleball pitcher. Scuff the ball with a file and you get nasty movement.

I had some washable paint to mark a wiffleball field in the backyard for the kids. We had a row of lilacs in left field we affectionately called the Green Monster. Kids and I spent hours playing wiffleball.
    Last edited by MennoSota; 02-16-2017 at 08:59 PM.