When Mason went past Cream and was by the bench...what did he say?

My kids are age 15, I'm 47, and none of that is relevant, as you know... but I've enjoyed our chat. Have a good one, stay classy, my friend.

I hate to be the one to point this out, I really do, but you're engaging people in arguments on an internet message board AND getting worked up over it. Is this the type of parenting you force on your kids? If so, you should talk to Nate Mason's parents to see how they did such a great job raising him.

And there's the video from Unregistered User's post: Mason consciously chooses to continue sauntering past Crean to the IU bench, then he says something through the jersey, then he circles back around Crean in smug-ass fashion. Not a fan of those antics. He should have fist pumped and demonstrated a primal scream of joy where he was at, not approached Crean/IU bench. Period.

I was right there. Mason said nothing. He was wiping sweat off his face with his jersey. Get off your high horse and let them have fun. It was one of the most memorable moments of the barn in years.

If Crean got upset, then it was worth it....because he (now that Bo is gone) is the most miserable pr++K of a coach in the conference.....and yes I'm including McCaffrey!

MNsportsgeek and I were sitting in the 4th row in the student section and can confirm Mason said nothing, nor did he make a facial expression at the bench or Crean. I was watching his face hoping sincerely he didn't taunt the IU bench. Fortunately he did not. Can see why Crean wouldn't like what he did though. I wasn't watching Crean and couldn't hear if he said anything.

Sidenote: Students were hazing Crean and Bryant pretty much the whole game-good stuff, not embarrassing stupid or profane stuff. I mean, he was wearing a blue suit jacket with black pants.

I hate to be the one to point this out, I really do, but you're engaging people in arguments on an internet message board AND getting worked up over it. Is this the type of parenting you force on your kids? If so, you should talk to Nate Mason's parents to see how they did such a great job raising him.

No, it's all good. I did not start this post, but I have a definite opinion on the subject, which I'm willing to defend. Plus, the wife and kids have enjoyed reading the joust of posts, as well. Furthermore, it's helped delay the shelf hanging and other items on my To-Do-List for my day off. Taking the family to the Penn State game next weekend. We'll be as vocal of Gopher fans as the rest of you, but our support will never include disrespect of our opponents.

If Crean got upset, then it was worth it....because he (now that Bo is gone) is the most miserable pr++K of a coach in the conference.....and yes I'm including McCaffrey!

Tom Crean married a Harbaugh. Being a pr*ck is a litmus test for joining that family.

Crean's desire to stand on the court is nothing more than a power play. He should have been warned once, and then T'd up the second time it happened. But the refs were/are intimidated, so they let it go. No worries, I doubt that he even coaches at Williams Arena again.

I was sitting across from the Indiana bench and could tell Crean was pissed about something. However, knowing the baby and sore loser he is (i.e. blow by handshakes after losses) I would think it is very likely Mason didn't say anything and Crean was just looking for something to be pissed about. So glad we beat him he is the absolute worst.

I read on another message board that Pitino kind of grabbed his elbow so he couldn't do the blow-by move last night. Did anyone see that?

I read on another message board that Pitino kind of grabbed his elbow so he couldn't do the blow-by move last night. Did anyone see that?

I saw on the post game highlights that the two shook hands. Was not an obvious blow by attempt by Crean based on the video. I am still waiting for his press conference though. The big baby should be fined for blowing off the press. The guy needs to grow up.

He said nothing. But it would have been funny if he had said the following: hay Tom, in the near future how long are the unemployment lines. Or
hay Tom, what is Creaning? Or hay Tom, if you and MCcaffrey and Izzo climbed in a box. Who would come out first and why?

My kids are age 15, I'm 47, and none of that is relevant, as you know... but I've enjoyed our chat. Have a good one, stay classy, my friend.

I'm with you on this MetroFaust.

Is there any chance Mason may have been releasing methane in that area.

And there's the video from Unregistered User's post: Mason consciously chooses to continue sauntering past Crean to the IU bench, then he says something through the jersey, then he circles back around Crean in smug-ass fashion. Not a fan of those antics. He should have fist pumped and demonstrated a primal scream of joy where he was at, not approached Crean/IU bench. Period.
I have a different opinion on who it is acting in a smug-ass fashion.

Yep, that's the way it went down. Crean had already gotten by him, but Richard had something he wanted to say, so he held him up the best he could.

Regarding the Mason issue. His momentum carried him towards the Indiana bench. He barely stepped out of bounds and turned around past Crean and back to his teammates. He never even looked at the IU bench, and when he lifted his shirt to wipe his mouth, his head was actually facing the student section. Not to mention, the visibly IU coaches on the bench give no reaction that would indicate he said something.

Also of note. Mason has been known to be a classy, well spoken kid. Not to mention he graduated top of his high school class and is a great student at the U. Yet this guy wants to trash him for no reason. You sure are classy!

Regarding the Mason issue. His momentum carried him towards the Indiana bench. He barely stepped out of bounds and turned around past Crean and back to his teammates. He never even looked at the IU bench, and when he lifted his shirt to wipe his mouth, his head was actually facing the student section. Not to mention, the visibly IU coaches on the bench give no reaction that would indicate he said something.

Also of note. Mason has been known to be a classy, well spoken kid. Not to mention he graduated top of his high school class and is a great student at the U. Yet this guy wants to trash him for no reason. You sure are classy!

At first I was questioning Mason's reaction after that play, but you're right Indiana's bench had no reaction at all to Mason. That made it pretty obvious that Mason didn't say anything and I didn't have a problem with his actions.

I too saw Crean's very strange behavior at the end of the game. I was courtside right by the visitor locker room stairs. Crean literally and very deliberately walked to the far end of the court and stared up at some point in the student section. For about 10+ seconds as MissouriGopher said. He looked borderline insane.

He was actually looking up to where I had been in the student section. In a relatively quiet part of the game I loudly yelled, "way to throw your juniors under the bus" in his direction. Would be proud if that's what pissed him off.

I certainly did! Mason said nothing the whole time but we let Crean hear about it. When the team walked back to the locker room at half and after the game, we were yelling at Crean and he stared us down for a solid 10 seconds. It honestly felt like we got in his head. First time I can say that about a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong. I'm the parent who doesn't allow his kids to berate the nutty neighbor who loses his mind when my kids' ball goes into his yard. The nutty neighbor and I (parent-to-parent/coach-to-coach) can hash it out, but my kids/players don't have the license to engage the nutjob. I hope this clears it up for you.

I support this

MNsportsgeek and I were sitting in the 4th row in the student section and can confirm Mason said nothing, nor did he make a facial expression at the bench or Crean. I was watching his face hoping sincerely he didn't taunt the IU bench. Fortunately he did not. Can see why Crean wouldn't like what he did though. I wasn't watching Crean and couldn't hear if he said anything.

Sidenote: Students were hazing Crean and Bryant pretty much the whole game-good stuff, not embarrassing stupid or profane stuff. I mean, he was wearing a blue suit jacket with black pants.

Drives me nuts when guys wear blue and black together, deserves razing.

I support this

I do as well.

From watching the video, seems like we're making too much over this Mason issue. The crowd nor the bench seem to react to anything, and Crean... we'll if we're trying to judge what was said by Creans reaction is couldn't have been much. For as animated as that guy is, something different would have had to take place if Mason said anything.

Mason didn't say a word. He was definitely staring at the IU bench. IU bench stared back at him. That was it. Crean didn't like the gesture obviously.

I can't believe Crean can keep up that act for an entire game. Guy doesn't stand still for more than a second. It's kind of impressive in a sad way.

There was definitely more to it than just turning around and going back to his teammates. He definitely has some swagger to him. He taunted the fans during the Purdue game. When he has the chance and is playing great, he usually does a little something. I don't think he has ever crossed the line though.

Loved this move by Mason - as others have noted Crean is always encroaching onto the court. If I were coaching against a guy like Crean, I wouldn't tell my players to run into him as that may cause some extreme situations. But - I certainly would have my players attempt to bounce the ball off of him while in the field of play.

I certainly did! Mason said nothing the whole time but we let Crean hear about it. When the team walked back to the locker room at half and after the game, we were yelling at Crean and he stared us down for a solid 10 seconds. It honestly felt like we got in his head. First time I can say that about a coach.

Love this. Well done. Coaches' egos have gotten out of control.

Thank you. As I was watching it I was thinking this is going to look worse than it is.

Top Bottom