Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Yelling "get back on the f***ing court" is an amazing job of containing oneself from Mason's "antics" of staring at the home crowd?
    Yes, you understood me correctly. If I were coach Pitino then Nate Mason would be running man-makers to the point of puking at this afternoon's practice. The players should not be given the license to act in that fashion. Do you let your kids jaw-jack the neighbor guy who's a little nutty? Great parenting. Do you condone the Anaheim Duck who slashed the linesman for a bad puck drop? What the hell, let's let the players go freakin' crazy and make all of this less about the sport and more about the SHOW! Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetroTheFaust View Post
    Yes, you understood me correctly. If I were coach Pitino then Nate Mason would be running man-makers to the point of puking at this afternoon's practice. The players should not be given the license to act in that fashion. Do you let your kids jaw-jack the neighbor guy who's a little nutty? Great parenting. Do you condone the Anaheim Duck who slashed the linesman for a bad puck drop? What the hell, let's let the players go freakin' crazy and make all of this less about the sport and more about the SHOW! Give me a break.
    Think you might be blowing this one a little out of proportion. It is not like Mason ran over to the Indiana bench and was shouting profanities at them. He may have been showboating a little but it wasn't like he was making a fool of himself or trying to start a fight. It was a 2-3 second thing, maybe a little unnecessary on Mason't part but nothing that would require extra discipline or is anything comparable to your hockey example.

Tempest in a teapot.
    Crean is veering toward the edge of control and accidentally got creamed by a player last week because he got in the way. No other coach hangs out as much in the playing space as he does. Mason is a man of few if any words. If Crean was in his way and he gave him a good long look, that would be about fitting and unworthy of disciplinary action.
    Perhaps it was out of care and concern for Crean's wellbeing?

IF that is what happened. Doesn't sound like there is really anything to see here.

These would be good comparisons if Mason had gotten in Crean's face or even pushed him. But that didn't happen.

I saw that live. Mason definitely put his jersey over his mouth to cover the fact that he was saying something to the Indiana bench. We know he likes to talk a little smack. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of that sort of thing, but he had such a great game it seems somewhat churlish to deny him a little enjoyment of it.

You're that guy that all the kids in the neighborhood hate because you always go bonkers when someone accidentally throws/kicks/hits a ball in your yard...

And if you were coach, Nate Mason (and any other decent player in the country) would never come to Minnesota in the first place... Kid is one of the the best guards in the Big Ten, dropped 30 points last night & was sick of Crean being obnoxious and standing in the middle of the court mid-play so he gave him a dose of his own medicine. With the exception of the game winning shot by Springs, Mason walking over to the Indiana bench was my favorite moment of the night...

Go to bed Metro, it's past your bed time.

Edit

Embedded wrong tweet

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDude View Post
    You're that guy that all the kids in the neighborhood hate because you always go bonkers when someone accidentally throws/kicks/hits a ball in your yard...

Go to bed Metro, it's past your bed time.
    Wrong. I'm the parent who doesn't allow his kids to berate the nutty neighbor who loses his mind when my kids' ball goes into his yard. The nutty neighbor and I (parent-to-parent/coach-to-coach) can hash it out, but my kids/players don't have the license to engage the nutjob. I hope this clears it up for you.

Wrong. I'm the parent who doesn't allow his kids to berate the nutty neighbor who loses his mind when my kids' ball goes into his yard. The nutty neighbor and I (parent-to-parent/coach-to-coach) can hash it out, but my kids/players don't have the license to engage the nutjob. I hope this clears it up for you.
    How old are your kids now? Just curious, because there's no way you're under the age of 90.

And there's the video from Unregistered User's post: Mason consciously chooses to continue sauntering past Crean to the IU bench, then he says something through the jersey, then he circles back around Crean in smug-ass fashion. Not a fan of those antics. He should have fist pumped and demonstrated a primal scream of joy where he was at, not approached Crean/IU bench. Period.

You sound fun

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDude View Post
    How old are your kids now? Just curious, because there's no way you're under the age of 90.
    My kids are age 15, I'm 47, and none of that is relevant, as you know... but I've enjoyed our chat. Have a good one, stay classy, my friend.

And there's the video from Unregistered User's post: Mason consciously chooses to continue sauntering past Crean to the IU bench, then he says something through the jersey, then he circles back around Crean in smug-ass fashion. Not a fan of those antics. He should have fist pumped and demonstrated a primal scream of joy where he was at, not approached Crean/IU bench. Period.
    Lol. You have no idea what he said, if anything. You're making way too big of a deal out of what happened. It was nothing. Get over it.

Good Game, Go Gophers....people here in Indy are waiting for TC to get fired too. Big Gophers fan here in Indy, so i got to stick it to all the I-Who guys at work.