Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 156
  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    The majority of Minnesotans are dead wrong and so is this kid. Half of the players suspended and being thrown under the bus by the administration have been exonerated by the University, itself! It doesn't matter if kool-aid drinking ideologues refuse to admit that the process was absolute garbage. The players boycott was an astounding success and a bright spot in the entire ordeal. I get that is going to be over quite a few people's heads, but it doesn't make it wrong.

    As to the actual subject matter of the article. That all sounds good. I guess more accountability is better than less. This article appears to be an obvious dig at a pretty clean program. It's not doing PJ Fleck any favors.

    I don't think he meant it as a dig towards JK or TC. Sometimes people take over a situation and simply do not realize the dangers that lie ahead, the infinite number of possibilities and ways that things could go wrong, possibly because they haven't had to deal with such issues in the past? So their not being proactive doesn't have to be seen as their being "bad" coaches, just that they were maybe a bit naīve or unaware?

    I mean, when I listened to that Dennis Prager clip, I thanked my lucky stars that I grew up back when I did. I was shocked to learn how crazy things have gotten. I mean, I knew things were bad, but now a guy is always the wrong doer? and the woman is always the victim? and even giving a woman an unwanted kiss could get you kicked out of school, even if the girl wanted the kiss in the moment? I know each college is different than the next, but even so, I'm just pleased I'm not a 17 year old boy getting ready to go to college. I feel sorry for kids nowadays.


    These kids are going to have to get signed and notorized documents, contracts between them and any woman they might be interested in, giving them permission to speak to them even and to simply ask if they want a kiss or whatever else, so as not to be accused after the fact of having sexually harassed or assaulted the woman. And if any of these guys ever want to do anything with a woman, they may need to consider abstaining from alcohol whenever women MIGHT come into contact with them IN ANY WAY, because even drunk texting is probably going to get some college students into trouble eventually?


    I took a job once thinking nothing of it, and had NO CLUE that something negative could ever come of it. But something ALMOST happened. Thankfully I was smart and didn't let anything happen, but I got scared away from a career in that field because of it.

    That is just the thing, so many of us just don't understand and can't relate to how crazy things have gotten, so its not like we have to blame Kill or TC for doing something wrong, they just didn't know or understand that what they were doing, wasn't enough. Fleck has the advantage of coming in AFTER something has raised the awareness.

    So my impression of this player's comments are simply that they reflect that Fleck is doing what his predecessors simply didn't know they needed to do.


  2. Default

    Fleck has two former players waiting trial for armed robbery.
    Should his culture at WMU be judged on the actions of these two players ?

    With some of us, there seems to be a double standard.
    Last edited by Johnny Olson; 02-16-2017 at 05:13 PM.

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Olson View Post
    Fleck has two former players waiting trial for armed robbery.
    Should his culture at WMU be judged on the actions of these two players ?

    With some of us, there seems to be a double standard.
    "former players" ??? Meaning what? Are they former players only now that he has left WMU? Or are they "former" because they left WMU before allegedly committing this crime?

    There is a saying when interpreting data/evidence, that there are 3 things you have to take into account, #1 being context, #2 being context and #3 being context.


    So what is the context here? I would need more details before being willing to come to any kind of an opinion.

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    "former players" ??? Meaning what? Are they former players only now that he has left WMU? Or are they "former" because they left WMU before allegedly committing this crime?

    So what is the context here? I would need more details before being willing to come to any kind of an opinion.
    They were active players recruited by Fleck. He was completely responsible for them being at WMU.

    http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...chigan_fo.html

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Olson View Post
    Fleck has two former players waiting trial for armed robbery.
    Should his culture at WMU be judged on the actions of these two players ?

    With some of us, there seems to be a double standard.
    Elite robbers don't get caught... they clearly don't qualify.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo1107 View Post


    Post it as a picture and uncheck the box that says, "Retrieve remote file and reference locally." Should be able to work.
    Broken link...

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Broken link...
    RIP. Tried posting the link with the Saban/McCarron exchange. Didn't work because it's not the link for the image itself. Oh well...

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    I don't think he meant it as a dig towards JK or TC. Sometimes people take over a situation and simply do not realize the dangers that lie ahead, the infinite number of possibilities and ways that things could go wrong, possibly because they haven't had to deal with such issues in the past? So their not being proactive doesn't have to be seen as their being "bad" coaches, just that they were maybe a bit naīve or unaware?

    I mean, when I listened to that Dennis Prager clip, I thanked my lucky stars that I grew up back when I did. I was shocked to learn how crazy things have gotten. I mean, I knew things were bad, but now a guy is always the wrong doer? and the woman is always the victim? and even giving a woman an unwanted kiss could get you kicked out of school, even if the girl wanted the kiss in the moment? I know each college is different than the next, but even so, I'm just pleased I'm not a 17 year old boy getting ready to go to college. I feel sorry for kids nowadays.


    These kids are going to have to get signed and notorized documents, contracts between them and any woman they might be interested in, giving them permission to speak to them even and to simply ask if they want a kiss or whatever else, so as not to be accused after the fact of having sexually harassed or assaulted the woman. And if any of these guys ever want to do anything with a woman, they may need to consider abstaining from alcohol whenever women MIGHT come into contact with them IN ANY WAY, because even drunk texting is probably going to get some college students into trouble eventually?


    I took a job once thinking nothing of it, and had NO CLUE that something negative could ever come of it. But something ALMOST happened. Thankfully I was smart and didn't let anything happen, but I got scared away from a career in that field because of it.

    That is just the thing, so many of us just don't understand and can't relate to how crazy things have gotten, so its not like we have to blame Kill or TC for doing something wrong, they just didn't know or understand that what they were doing, wasn't enough. Fleck has the advantage of coming in AFTER something has raised the awareness.

    So my impression of this player's comments are simply that they reflect that Fleck is doing what his predecessors simply didn't know they needed to do.
    Wow. Between this post and you last one, you've somehow argued both sides and contradicted yourself. Only recruit Christians and have bible study to lessen the chances of allegations but then things have gotten so crazy now where any kind of sexual contact could be construed or later claimed as non-consensual...Hmmm. Are you saying celibacy for all athletes attending the U?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I swear this place is getting worse you say one thing and suddenly you're a hater or a blind supporter or ... whatever the other person can take to an extreme and complain about.
    I tried to post a gif to respond to you post, but I can't figure out how to do it. Would've been a funny. Is their a tutorial on the GH post functions?
    Last edited by KillerGopherFan; 02-16-2017 at 05:13 PM.

  10. #40

    Default

    Christ. Everything is an argument here.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHusky View Post
    Christ. Everything is an argument here.
    yup you are right. Thats why I reply with jokes and sarcasm when people hate on my comments. Or I just ignore them. Arguing in an online forum just isnt worth the energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

  12. Default

    Tracey was content with being a coach in the B1G. Fleck practices what he preaches. He truly wants to be elite and I think he is going to take the Gopher program somewhere no recent grad has seen

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipegopher View Post
    They were active players recruited by Fleck. He was completely responsible for them being at WMU.

    http://www.mlive.com/broncos/index.s...chigan_fo.html
    Not the first time this has been posted or that it was posted after some Fleckster was preaching culture and coaches responsibility on all players actions. Truth is unless PJF was promoting armed robbery he was no more responsible for this than Claeys was the "incident" or that Brew was for the incident that happened on his watch. Too much for some to admit tho.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Elite robbers don't get caught... they clearly don't qualify.
    LOL


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    yup you are right. Thats why I reply with jokes and sarcasm when people hate on my comments. Or I just ignore them. Arguing in an online forum just isnt worth the energy.
    The inability on this site to allow someone to like TC & PJF is quite amazing. I like them both but have been labeled a PJF hater because I don't like him enough, or every thing about him. Make a couple comments about his abundance of offers and next thing you know people claim you don't think we should ever offer a 4-Star and that you claimed recruit A, B, and C wouldn't visit. Hard not to get sucked in to pissing matches sometimes when that is the approach.

    I've been here a while and GH is at a low point right now as far as hostility towards others goes. Usually a good place for sarcasm to shine, but even that not so much lately. TBH, I think the 9/2 incident is the main reason. Strong story with strong opinions and it got a little too serious in here. I'm guessing things will get back to normal when Spring Ball starts up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •