Anonymous U football player: Fleck more proactive than Kill/Claeys in accountability

What I want to be true is my alma mater didn't get its name dragged through the mud nationally. That's what I want. I have already said you can't control every kid on a team. That's obvious to anyone who is semi-functional. What you can control is your reaction

My point isn't falling apart. A couple of you are attempting to make a circular argument. Like it, hate or be indifferent, but TC kept trying to get the kids back on the field. Fleck permanently removed them from the field. It's not difficult and it's not debateable. I will take the proactive coach who sets clear standards for the team. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I can promise you my uncle in NY never heard about the WMU incident because it was swiftly dealt with. That same uncle has asked me many questions about the U fiasco.

They were arrested. Fleck suspended. They were charged, then he kicked them off the team. Completely different as the U players were neither arrested, detained, or charged. Fleck did what Pitino did with Reggie Lynch.

You could even argue TC was more proactive because they were suspended just for being questioned during the investigation...

They were arrested. Fleck suspended. They were charged, then he kicked them off the team. Completely different as the U players were neither arrested, detained, or charged. Fleck did what Pitino did with Reggie Lynch.

You could even argue TC was more proactive because they were suspended just for being questioned during the investigation...
No you couldn't b/c, according to Spoofin, you'd be making an assumption that he did it on his own and wasn't told by Coyle to suspend them.

No you couldn't b/c, according to Spoofin, you'd be making an assumption that he did it on his own and wasn't told by Coyle to suspend them.

I didn't make that assumption, but clearly you did. Point valid regardless.

I didn't make that assumption, but clearly you did. Point valid regardless.
I'm just using Spoofin's logic, which may be correct, to refute your comment. There's been quite a bit of using the rationale that most fits the preferred narrative on this subject.

I'm so glad this culture change is happening so people will look at the U more positively.

what culture change? Fleck can do everything he wants, and if the top stays the same, nothing has changed.

I'm just using Spoofin's logic, which may be correct, to refute your comment. There's been quite a bit of using the rationale that most fits the preferred narrative on this subject.

You agree my point is valid though, correct?

The problem with this comparison is Fleck kicked those two off the team. Not the WMU prez or AD, Fleck booted them. That makes this comparison completely moot. I think most people (I obviously know not all) understand the HC can't babysit the kids. I think most also realize they are young and stupid. We all remember that age. The reaction was inadequate and you can blame whoever you want but Claeys absolutely had the option to kick them off the team if he desired to.

one other big difference. Armed robbery, arrested. Actualy proof. Vs. Allegations, ,after the fact and no conclusive proof either way. Apples and Oranges.

Moot is right though flip the script, would it have been any different? We can debate that if you'd like but it wouldn't be fair to either man.

Moot is also right because last I checked, Claeys has nothing to do with Gopher football so why keep bringing him up/kicking him when he's down? Move on.

Isn't it an assumption? Does anyone here know whether TC made the decision on his own or was told what to do? Does anyone know if PJF made the decision himself and wasn't told what to do? Do tell if you know either. Do tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You agree my point is valid though, correct?
I agree it's different, as many situations are. Fleck had an easier call. The Gopher situation was convoluted for most of the players, but there were things, like the recruit being involved, that could've moved TC to kick a player or two off immediately. Hard to know without knowing exactly what TC knew and when he knew it, or how the admin was guiding him.

Isn't it an assumption? Does anyone here know whether TC made the decision on his own or was told what to do? Does anyone know if PJF made the decision himself and wasn't told what to do? Do tell if you know either. Do tell.
I said it may be a correct assumption. It could be an incorrect assumption. It is an assumption though.

Moot is also right because last I checked, Claeys has nothing to do with Gopher football so why keep bringing him up/kicking him when he's down? Move on.
I could give the same advice to those defending TC. Drop the defense and move on.
We could probably end these debates.

one other big difference. Armed robbery, arrested. Actualy proof. Vs. Allegations, ,after the fact and no conclusive proof either way. Apples and Oranges.

Moot is right though flip the script, would it have been any different? We can debate that if you'd like but it wouldn't be fair to either man.

I didn't bring it up if you have read this thread. It was the people who can't get over Claeys being gone who brought him up. I've moved on unlike many of you. And, I'm also truly pulling for the new coach, very unlike many on here.

I didn't bring it up if you have read this thread. It was the people who can't get over Claeys being gone who brought him up. I've moved on unlike many of you. And, I'm also truly pulling for the new coach, <b>very unlike many on here.</b>

More of this nonsense. If you don't basically go down on PJF, you want him to fail.

More of this nonsense. If you don't basically go down on PJF, you want him to fail.

No. The nonsense is being so positive who is right and who is wrong in a situation where you know a small percentage of what happened. That's complete nonsense.

Didn't you once post that you got beat up in Iowa as you were passing through? I think I know why.

Um, no? You're confusing me with someone else. I have no idea what you're talking about.

When does this "posting less frequently" plan go into effect?

Um, no? You're confusing me with someone else. I have no idea what you're talking about.

When does this "posting less frequently" plan go into effect?
Well, someone should have.

Hey KillerGF, do you have coffee every morning at the strip mall Panera with Score37, SmashtheGophers, plus that other guy that used to be a Lurker and UpNorthG4fan to get your talking points and strategy lined up? I am only asking because it seems like you are really doing a super job. I used to be hostile, but now I am 100 percent in with you guys! You guys probably should talk to Dave Mona and start a PR firm. You are that good, really I mean it!

Hey KillerGF, do you have coffee every morning at the strip mall Panera with Score37, SmashtheGophers, plus that other guy that used to be a Lurker and UpNorthG4fan to get your talking points and strategy lined up? I am only asking because it seems like you are really doing a super job. I used to be hostile, but now I am 100 percent in with you guys! You guys probably should talk to Dave Mona and start a PR firm. You are that good, really I mean it!

Very clever for you! I almost thought everything you posted was nauseatingly redundant and you couldn't broaden your extremely narrow focus. Who knew?

Kind of sad really.

So my focus is narrow now?

I have posted all sorts diverse and at times divisive material on this board, of varying quality, for a very long time. You on the other hand, appeared in December of this year (what a coincidence), and tend obsess on one topic and seem to have an agenda. The timing, the tone, and the structure of your comments is very curious.

I have been reacting in a fairly emotional, blunt way to tyranny, hypocrisy and injustice in recent weeks. You appear to have joined to forum to further push you one note agenda, in a less than forthright way.

Right on cue! I love it when one of you "new" members tosses out something, and right behind the "other" one validates what was written.

Dave Mona could probably get you guys hired in PR, you guys really know how to run a campaign.

Right on cue! I love it when one of you "new" members tosses out something, and right behind the "other" one validates what was written.

Dave Mona could probably get you guys hired in PR, you guys really know how to run a campaign.

Quite original. Or very redundant like the Duke lacrosse posts. I can't figure out which.

Boo hoo,, I posted the Duke video two or three times. So what, the point I was making remains beyond reproach. Tyranny is tyranny anywere and that case was as bad as it gets, plus it has a lot of commonalities with the EOAA reign of terror.

Those Duke Lacrosse players did not do anything wrong at all and were put though hell by a bunch of leftist, feminist extremists and their enablers. The EOAA is not far behind in that record of infamy.

The Charlotte News and Observer, the Duke faculty, the Duke leadership team, the NC and Durham NAACP and others all need to be held accountable for their shameful conduct in that case. The U of M leadership, the Kangaroo Court EOAA, John Shipley of the Pioneer Press and many others including you need to be held accountable in this case.

Original, not in your case? Redundant? Right, that describes your naïve, post liberal, extreme reaction to this whole mess. Do not lecture me. Your approach has nothing to do with finding the truth. It is lazy and dishonest

I don't see this as much as an anti-Kill/Claey's as a positive on the new Fleck era. No need to make it dark...this is a positive.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom