37score

Reaction score
Maryland - 18
Purdue - 19
Minnesota - 23
Wisconsin - 24
Northwestern - 39
MSU - 42

Nice is that through all of tonights games? Arkansas got a nice win on the road tonight that will keep them in the top 50 for a bit longer at least.

That bodes well for us. Hopefully they continue to keep winning.

Nice is that through all of tonights games? Arkansas got a nice win on the road tonight that will keep them in the top 50 for a bit longer at least.

That bodes well for us. Hopefully they continue to keep winning.

This was current as of when I posted it. It included Arkansas.
We were 24 coming in.

For NCAA seeding, the top seeds are usually close to the coaches polls 1-25 with a few exceptions.

The way the Big Ten is shaking up, the Big Ten could have 4 teams in the seeds of 5-6.

If the Gophers can pull a strong finish, we could be looking at a 4 or 5 seed wants the pollsters start voting for us again.

This was current as of when I posted it. It included Arkansas.
We were 24 coming in.

For NCAA seeding, the top seeds are usually close to the coaches polls 1-25 with a few exceptions.

The way the Big Ten is shaking up, the Big Ten could have 4 teams in the seeds of 5-6.

If the Gophers can pull a strong finish, we could be looking at a 4 or 5 seed wants the pollsters start voting for us again.

Only way that happens is if we are able to get a win at either Wisc. or Maryland (As well as taking care of home)

A couple more details.

Various scenarios and expected RPI's below.

Final Record Expected RPI Scenario
24-7 | 22 Win the rest, lose first BTT tourney game
23-9 | 26 Beat WI, MI, PSU, and NEB, lose first BTT to NEB
22-10 | 26 Beat MI, PSU, and NEB, lose first BTT to Nebraska.
22-11 | 29 (Beat Penn St and Nebraska, then beat Nebraska in BTT first game, then lose to Purdue)
21-10 | 33 (Win two, (Penn St and Nebraska) then lose to Nebraska in BTT first game)
20-12 | 48 (Win one, and lose first BTT game to Nebraska)
19-12 | 57 (Lose the rest and first BTT game to Nebraska)

Edit:
Adding one more.

21-12 | 39 (finish 8-10 in Big Ten, win one BTT game to Nebraska, then lose to Wisconsin)

By all practical purposes, an 8-10 record with a BTT tourney win would put us high enough to get an at large bid.

By all accounts the best scenario for a tourney bid would be likely 5 unless the pollsters fell in love with the team as we go unbeaten into BTT.

Why no "win the rest and win 1 BTT game"? Seems all your scenarios have us losing first BTT game except 1. Are you a Husker?

Nevada beat Air Force on the road last night to go 20-6. 9-4 in the Mountain West . Tied with Colorado State and Boise State. RPI at 44. Off the wall prediction on my part. Nevada vs Minnesota first round Regional in the West at San Jose, California. A lot of Gopher fans out West. It would be like when the Gopher fans took over San Antonio. Still my favorite road trip.

Nevada beat Air Force on the road last night to go 20-6. 9-4 in the Mountain West . Tied with Colorado State and Boise State. RPI at 44. Off the wall prediction on my part. Nevada vs Minnesota first round Regional in the West at San Jose, California. A lot of Gopher fans out West. It would be like when the Gopher fans took over San Antonio. Still my favorite road trip.

Hope we wind up in the Midwest on the off chance we advance to the 2nd weekend.

No one cares about Nevada.

If Gophers make tournament and somehow end up in Milwaukee like they did in 2010, fans need to get off their arses and make the trip, ticket or no ticket in hand. Remember being disappointed how few Gopher fans there were in Milwaukee in 2010.

If Gophers make tournament and somehow end up in Milwaukee like they did in 2010, fans need to get off their arses and make the trip, ticket or no ticket in hand. Remember being disappointed how few Gopher fans there were in Milwaukee in 2010.

We could pretty much assume that will be our location for opening round games regardless of region, correct? (especially if we are seeded somewhere 8 or higher?)

We could pretty much assume that will be our location for opening round games regardless of region, correct? (especially if we are seeded somewhere 8 or higher?)

Don't think so. My understanding is the Selection Committee makes an effort to protect only the top 4 seeds (top 16 teams overall) by placing them in closest site geographically. Certainly there's a real good chance Badgers will be in Milwaukee unless they bomb down the stretch.

I had just attended the Big Ten Tournament and had used up all my capital with my family - as well as all my capital. I'm sure it's nice being single, but that's not me.

Why no "win the rest and win 1 BTT game"? Seems all your scenarios have us losing first BTT game except 1. Are you a Husker?

Ha. No. I just wanted to outline the scenarios where things could be done before we arrive at the BTT so we don't need a win.

Top Bottom