Western Herald: P.J. Fleck gave Kalamazoo something it has never had

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Western Herald:

I had no intention of ever experiencing a Cotton Bowl when I enrolled at WMU. As I made the commute back from Arlington, I came to realize that football in West Michigan may have just reached its absolute peak. Rather than being angry that Fleck’s era is over, we must instead feel grateful for having experienced something that may have changed this town forever.

P.J. Fleck didn’t just coach football and spew cheesy idioms for the city of Kalamazoo. Though at times his antics induced a headache and his overpowering bursts of energy were enough to make you dizzy, Fleck gave us something we’d never had before. He gave us a good team to watch, a unified community to watch it with, and above all, he gave the city of Kalamazoo the national recognition we’ve only before received for the wrong reasons.

As 2017 progresses, we may never adjust to seeing P.J. Fleck rep colors other than brown and gold. Though his era will be remembered in the school’s history for generations, it will also be remembered by those close and lucky enough to be apart of it. Fleck built something here that will never be replaced. For those he left behind here in Kalamazoo, we must be, at the very least, grateful for the opportunity Fleck gave the campus of WMU.

http://www.westernherald.com/opinion/article_8483ec36-f218-11e6-938a-479e01adeb80.html

Go Gophers!!

I wouldn't have been aware that Kalamazoo existed if not for the silly name and later PJ.

Clearly Reusse isn't writing there as well. Hope he makes the negative sports writers here eat their words.

Has to be tough on Western Michigan. Hopefully they can rebound a bit.

I knew of Kalamazoo only because of its having a hockey team.

Top Bottom