Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Statement from Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck on his acquisition of Row The Boat

“Today is an elite day, as I have acquired Row The Boat from Western Michigan. Row The Boat is extremely personal for me. It’s a way of life that centers around a never give up mentality. It helped change a culture at Western Michigan and enabled the entire community of Kalamazoo to rally around something bigger than football. I am confident that it will do the same here at the University of Minnesota, in the Twin Cities and the entire state.

“I am grateful that an agreement has been reached on Row The Boat, which again, is extremely personal for me. Part of this agreement calls for me to pay Western Michigan $50,000, which I am happy to do. That money will then be used to endow a scholarship at Western Michigan, which I hope will be used to help a walk-on player accomplish his dreams. Kalamazoo is a special place for me and my family and always will be. I was honored to coach Western Michigan for four historic seasons and was privileged to lead a group of young men to many accomplishments.”

-Gopher Football-

Go Gophers!!

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd Degree Gopher View Post
    On the other hand, they got $50K for something that they were never going to use again.
    And that they did NOT come up with. It's Fleck's intelectual property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNgradinWI View Post
    I believe Barry Alvarez also gets a cut on everything that has Wisky's motion W on it. It was still the block W when he came to the school.
    Barry gets a cut of every cheerleader, too

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/npa5yMn.gif

Just because he came up with it doesn't mean it's his intellectual property. I'ts like if you invent something as part of your work, it's your employers intellectual property. If it was his intellectual property, he wouldn't have had to negotiate with WMU for the rights.

It wouldn't surprise me if we saw more games scheduled with WMU - not just football, but across all sports.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Halsey Hall View Post
    Like in a Prima Nocta way?