Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. Default Row the Boat Trademark

    Is there any news on when the U will fully assume rights to the trademark? I need some elite RTB shirts ASAP!!!


  2. Default

    I assume this will be a more "shared" arrangement between PJ, WMU, the U as far as who gets a cut or something like that.

    No rush at this point I don't think.

  3. Default

    According to Darren Rovell, Minnesota is paying Western Michigan $50K for the rights to "Row The Boat" to go to Minnesota and PJ Fleck

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    According to Darren Rovell, Minnesota is paying Western Michigan $50K for the rights to "Row The Boat" to go to Minnesota and PJ Fleck


  5. Default

    Surprised it isn't costing us more. Thought WMU would try to grab as much as they could

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Surprised it isn't costing us more. Thought WMU would try to grab as much as they could
    On the other hand, they got $50K for something that they were never going to use again.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeGolfing View Post
    Surprised it isn't costing us more. Thought WMU would try to grab as much as they could
    Possibilities:

    - WMU is good people and not gonna fight PJ over a slogan that came from the death of his kid.

    - WMU knows that the same fight would be a PR disaster anyway.

  8. #8

    Default Row the Boat Trademark

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    According to Darren Rovell, Minnesota is paying Western Michigan $50K for the rights to "Row The Boat" to go to Minnesota and PJ Fleck
    Fleck is paying the $50K, will own the rights, and will allow the U of M to use it as it sees fit, as long as he is with the school.

    http://www.espn.com/college-football...golden-gophers


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 02-15-2017 at 10:31 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Row the Boat Trademark

    Duplicate

  10. Default

    Duplicate delete


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default



  12. #12

    Default

    Wonder if PJ will be getting a cut of any RTB language on apparel?

    If I'm the U and he demands that (which I don't know if he did or not)I simply wouldn't put it on the apparel.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Wonder if PJ will be getting a cut of any RTB language on apparel?

    If I'm the U and he demands that (which I don't know if he did or not)I simply wouldn't put it on the apparel.
    Hayden Fry copyrighted what was called the TigerHawk, which was the new Hawk logo (and the current one) that he helped to develop in 1979 with a border around the logo. He marketed the TigerHawk for profit and took a lot of heat for doing so until he stopped shortly thereafter.
    Times have changed, but profiting off of Row The Boat would likely undermine it's use as a mantra if it's perceived that he's doing it for the money.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Hayden Fry copyrighted what was called the TigerHawk, which was the new Hawk logo (and the current one) that he helped to develop in 1979 with a border around the logo. He marketed the TigerHawk for profit and took a lot of heat for doing so until he stopped shortly thereafter.
    Times have changed, but profiting off of Row The Boat would likely undermine it's use as a mantra if it's perceived that he's doing it for the money.
    I believe Barry Alvarez also gets a cut on everything that has Wisky's motion W on it. It was still the block W when he came to the school.

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    profiting off of Row The Boat would likely undermine it's use as a mantra if it's perceived that he's doing it for the money.
    I can see that point. What if his cut funded a charitable foundation of some type?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •