Top area(s) of concern on field for 2017

Reaction score
Completely football related, what are your top on field worries/concerns for 2017 (and hopefully a bowl game in 2018)? This obviously has nothing to do with coaches or administrators unless you are concerned about poor on field coaching.

WRs are my top concern. I'm sure we will run a ton this year but we all know you need some balance. With a young and/or inexperienced QB, the WRs have to help out a ton. Still has a shot to be good, but hold onto the flippin ball!!! A healthy lingen would be huge. And one of the freshman has to be able to make some plays

QB is the obvious one. Young and inexperienced is an overstatement. Obviously someone needs to step up. I'm hoping to get around 150 passing yards per game this year with a lack of INTs.

C will get real interesting if we have the injury issues we have had there the last 5 years or so

CBs worry me a little but not a ton. Sure could be the X factor there if he is ready.

No QB. Depleted DB. New coach. Honestly, 6 or 7 wins will not be a bad season contrary to many fans looking thru golden lenses.

No QB. Depleted DB. New coach. Honestly, 6 or 7 wins will not be a bad season contrary to many fans looking thru golden lenses.

Way to settle for mediocrity. You have that little faith in Fleck?

Offense. Felling OK about our D and pretty good about our ST and coaches. Our O has been pretty bad for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offense... all of it, except the RBs.

Even if we find a QB, if the OL struggles it could be ugly... and if we don't find a QB and the OL struggles oh man it could be a terrible season. Or if we find a QB and the OL does alright... but we still don't have any WRs standing out.... so yeah all of it.

Just hope the offense can jell a little bit otherwise the defense is going to be on the field an awfully long time. I'm hoping for QB to come out of the woodworks and somehow things come together for the offensive line.

Too many spirals
OL not mean or nasty enough
Glaring lack of targeting penalties
Coach does not look cold
Runs up the middle at less than 80%

What uniform combo will we wear?

Offensive Line
Quarterback
Defensive Backfield
Wide Receivers

By position group:
Biggest area of concern is the QB. Who is going to emerge as the starter and will they play multiple QB's or stick with one guy.
After that, will be the secondary and who steps into the starting CB spots and also the nickel DB.
OL would be third. Who takes over at C and RT? Since so many will be out for the spring, can they develop a cohesiveness in this group. Who will become the solid back ups?
WR is fourth. Hoping multiple players here can become options and we don't have to rely on one guy seeing the bulk of the receptions. With 14 guys on the roster I am hopeful we can find 4 or 5 that will become good contributors.
TE is fifth. Can Lingen recover from his lost season? Who will be the next best option if Lingen can't play?
DL is sixth as biggest question is who can provide solid depth this year and can be counted on in 2018?
Special Teams and LB are the most sold areas on the team and should be for the next couple years.

Offense. Being able to sustain some drives to help keep our defense off the field. Putting the ball in the end zone rather than settling for a FG.

Learning to play a full 4 quarters and not letting opponents hang around in games. When you have teams down, go for the kill instead of getting conservative and playing not to lose. Too many second half letdowns in recent years.

We have most of our OL back(8/10 in the two deeps?) and they were OK last year. We should be fine at OL.

Our biggest areas are WR and QB. We we've been awful at these spots the last few years.

Top Bottom