Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Top area(s) of concern on field for 2017

Completely football related, what are your top on field worries/concerns for 2017 (and hopefully a bowl game in 2018)? This obviously has nothing to do with coaches or administrators unless you are concerned about poor on field coaching.

WRs are my top concern. I'm sure we will run a ton this year but we all know you need some balance. With a young and/or inexperienced QB, the WRs have to help out a ton. Still has a shot to be good, but hold onto the flippin ball!!! A healthy lingen would be huge. And one of the freshman has to be able to make some plays

QB is the obvious one. Young and inexperienced is an overstatement. Obviously someone needs to step up. I'm hoping to get around 150 passing yards per game this year with a lack of INTs.

C will get real interesting if we have the injury issues we have had there the last 5 years or so

CBs worry me a little but not a ton. Sure could be the X factor there if he is ready.

No QB. Depleted DB. New coach. Honestly, 6 or 7 wins will not be a bad season contrary to many fans looking thru golden lenses.
    "People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything."

QB and offensive line.
    Now living in Coon Rapids

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    No QB. Depleted DB. New coach. Honestly, 6 or 7 wins will not be a bad season contrary to many fans looking thru golden lenses.
    Way to settle for mediocrity. You have that little faith in Fleck?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Way to settle for mediocrity. You have that little faith in Fleck?
    Here we go with this garbage again. And you accuse others of pushing an agenda???

Offense. Felling OK about our D and pretty good about our ST and coaches. Our O has been pretty bad for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice

Quote Originally Posted by Smash em Gophs! View Post
    Here we go with this garbage again. And you accuse others of pushing an agenda???
    Seriously? He wasn't doing just that with his comments? Please.

8. Default

Offense... all of it, except the RBs.

Even if we find a QB, if the OL struggles it could be ugly... and if we don't find a QB and the OL struggles oh man it could be a terrible season. Or if we find a QB and the OL does alright... but we still don't have any WRs standing out.... so yeah all of it.
    Last edited by A_Slab_of_Bacon; 02-14-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Just hope the offense can jell a little bit otherwise the defense is going to be on the field an awfully long time. I'm hoping for QB to come out of the woodworks and somehow things come together for the offensive line.

10. Default

Too many spirals
    OL not mean or nasty enough
    Glaring lack of targeting penalties
    Coach does not look cold
    Runs up the middle at less than 80%

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Too many spirals
    Coach does not look cold
    Excellent summary.

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Too many spirals
    Coach does not look cold
    Also who will run the jet sweep?

What uniform combo will we wear?

14. Default

Offensive Line
    Quarterback
    Defensive Backfield
    Wide Receivers

By position group:
    Biggest area of concern is the QB. Who is going to emerge as the starter and will they play multiple QB's or stick with one guy.
    After that, will be the secondary and who steps into the starting CB spots and also the nickel DB.
    OL would be third. Who takes over at C and RT? Since so many will be out for the spring, can they develop a cohesiveness in this group. Who will become the solid back ups?
    WR is fourth. Hoping multiple players here can become options and we don't have to rely on one guy seeing the bulk of the receptions. With 14 guys on the roster I am hopeful we can find 4 or 5 that will become good contributors.
    TE is fifth. Can Lingen recover from his lost season? Who will be the next best option if Lingen can't play?
    DL is sixth as biggest question is who can provide solid depth this year and can be counted on in 2018?
    Special Teams and LB are the most sold areas on the team and should be for the next couple years.