The PJ Fleck Era 50 Years From Now?

ELITEEvan

Taco Member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Say 50 years from now this building is torn down to build a new one and people see this message.

All imagination and speculation here obviously but what would people remember or say about the Fleck Gopher ERA?

We will be considering either changing the name of the forum to "15 National Titles Football Forum" or "15 National Titles Football Forum (and counting)" to avoid changing the name again.

You mean with the ENORMOUS PJ STATUE TOWERING OVER THE NOW TRIPLE DECKER STADIUM where the old fire station used to be, like this?

You mean with the ENORMOUS PJ STATUE TOWERING OVER THE NOW TRIPLE DECKER STADIUM where the old fire station used to be, like this?

We have to have someone with some photoshop skills here who can turn this into Fleck!

800px-%D0%A0%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B0-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C_%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%91%D1%82.jpg

Go Gophers!!

My wife calls Pj a used car salesmen and I kind of agree. Talks a lot about it, shows how great it is, squashes anything negative, and promises the world it will last. Reminds me a little of Rex Ryan rolling into town.

I'm curious to see what happens when or maybe we don't have the top 30 recruiting class or the Big Ten Championships that PJ talks about day in and day out? I mean he may never win the BIG west!

How can Fleck handle the hard stuff because its all been fairly easy to this point?

"Tracy Claeys Forever!!!" says MennoSota

My wife calls Pj a used car salesmen and I kind of agree. Talks a lot about it, shows how great it is, squashes anything negative, and promises the world it will last. Reminds me a little of Rex Ryan rolling into town.

I'm curious to see what happens when or maybe we don't have the top 30 recruiting class or the Big Ten Championships that PJ talks about day in and day out? I mean he may never win the BIG west!

How can Fleck handle the hard stuff because its all been fairly easy to this point?

If you want to see a used car salesmen look at Franklin over at PSU.... but you gotta be a good salesmen to recruit and win in this game.

It's just not a job for the normal folks.

It's pretty clear that you and your wife have either not been paying attention to what Fleck is saying/has said or lack the requisite brain cells to process his words.

He eats difficult conversations for breakfast, so...

"Daddy, why does everyone call Fleck Stadium the Boathouse?"

You are a special kind of ahole aren't you josh.

What? I think he was trying to prove to ELITEEvan that Fleck has dealt with adversity in his personal and professional life and will continue to soldier on if he doesn't have "top 30 recruiting classes or Big Ten Championships day in day out".

What? I think he was trying to prove to ELITEEvan that Fleck has dealt with adversity in his personal and professional life and will continue to soldier on if he doesn't have "top 30 recruiting classes or Big Ten Championships day in day out".

Everyone has.

I think it should have been pretty obvious that the poster was wondering how he'd deal with adversity under the microscope of a Big 10 program.

I think the 1-11 season is relevant, but bringing up the loss of his son, was irrelevant and over the top. I am sure that is what GopherinPhilly was referring to. I feel awful for anyone who has lost a child but I don't think it is a sign that they will be able to handle the adversity of being a coach in the Big 10.

Fleck will be 86 at that point so they'll probably be wondering if the next season at Minnesota will be his last.

You mean like going 1-11 in his first season as a head coach? Or the death of his infant son?

Tell me how he would do if he goes 1-11 next year?? This board would be on fire to fire him!

Its sad that he lost a child and I cant imagine, but that in know way makes you a better coach.

Fleck will be 86 at that point so they'll probably be wondering if the next season at Minnesota will be his last.

He will be struggling to cover up the administration's cover ups of all of his organizations mis-steps at the end of his career.

It's pretty clear that you and your wife have either not been paying attention to what Fleck is saying/has said or lack the requisite brain cells to process his words.

Pretty Clear how???

Ohh im soooo sorry sir to question how the great PJ Fleck will handle things when they go down the toilet as they always do for the Gophers!

Sorry im not quick to jump on the "boat" like you maybe I want him to prove it?

Pay attention to what how many times he can tell me how ELITE this is or #RTB how about Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting, maybe its the "Culture change" real brain busters.

Its sad that he lost a child and I cant imagine, but that in know way makes you a better coach.
Never said it does. Was simply answering the question "How can Fleck handle the hard stuff because its all been fairly easy to this point?"

Pretty Clear how???

Ohh im soooo sorry sir to question how the great PJ Fleck will handle things when they go down the toilet as they always do for the Gophers!

Sorry im not quick to jump on the "boat" like you maybe I want him to prove it?

Pay attention to what how many times he can tell me how ELITE this is or #RTB how about Recruiting Recruiting Recruiting, maybe its the "Culture change" real brain busters.

Wow, 47 posts to out yourself, troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

86 huh?

So we'll be having the millionth discussion of "how long can this guy keep coaching!?!?!?!?"

Wow, 47 posts to out yourself, troll. Welcome to the ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuato Lives! View Post

but Im the troll?

How hard is it to sell a used car to a 17 year old?

Pretty easy, but you get them on campus and they talk to the other players and if they aren't all selling the same story (i.e. rowing in the same direction :) ) it's a lost cause, and to turn recruits into winners your selling every single day commitment to do whatever you can that day to make yourself better. It's like selling a kid a used car every day for 5 years. That takes commitment to the bit which Fleck seems to have in spades and that isn't as common as a used car salesman.

Top Bottom