Fox 9 Video: P.J. Fleck hopes to make new Gophers fans by getting them to 'RTB'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Fox 9:

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen src="http://up.anv.bz/latest/anvload.html?key=eyJtIjoiZXBmb3giLCJwIjoiZGVmYXVsdCIsInYiOiIzMzg5NTYiLCJwbHVnaW5zIjp7ImRmcCI6eyJjbGllbnRTaWRlIjp7ImFkVGFnVXJsIjoiaHR0cDovL3B1YmFkcy5nLmRvdWJsZWNsaWNrLm5ldC9nYW1wYWQvYWRzP3N6PTY0MHg0ODAmaXU9LzYzNzkwNTY0L2ttc3AvbmV3cyZjaXVfc3pzPTMwMHgyNTAmaW1wbD1zJmdkZnBfcmVxPTEmZW52PXZwJm91dHB1dD12YXN0JnZwb3M9cHJlcm9sbCZ1bnZpZXdlZF9wb3NpdGlvbl9zdGFydD0xJnVybD1bcmVmZXJyZXJfdXJsXSZjb3JyZWxhdG9yPVt0aW1lc3RhbXBdJmRlc2NyaXB0aW9uX3VybD1odHRwJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmZveDkuY29tJTJGbmV3cyUyRjIzNTU2NjExNS1zdG9yeSJ9fSwicmVhbFRpbWVBbmFseXRpY3MiOnRydWV9LCJhbnZhY2siOiJhbnZhdG9fZXBmb3hfYXBwX3dlYl9wcm9kX2IzMzczMTY4ZTEyZjQyM2Y0MTUwNGYyMDcwMDAxODhkYWY4ODI1MWIifQ" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

Go Gophers!!

Refreshing to see these positive changes which will reach more than die-hard football fans whose biggest concern is how many games will be won this year.

Refreshing to see these positive changes which will reach more than die-hard football fans whose biggest concern is how many games will be won this year.
Are you Killjoy reincarnated for the PJ Fleck era?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Fleck's energy is just what this program and fan base needs. I know every year when I renew my Vikings/ Gopher
tickets that what they are selling is hope. We want to believe this will be the year they finally win the Super Bowl/ Rose Bowl. He is a salesman but I think he can back it up. I will be RTB.

Fleck's energy is just what this program and fan base needs. I know every year when I renew my Vikings/ Gopher
tickets that what they are selling is hope. We want to believe this will be the year they finally win the Super Bowl/ Rose Bowl. He is a salesman but I think he can back it up. I will be RTB.

I have lots of hope and I do think Fleck's style has a very good chance at being very successful here. I'm certainly rooting for him to do well. I like his overall mantra and beliefs, I just sometimes have a hard time with the delivery. I think it's due to my natural aversion to car salesman.

37Score's crush on Fleck just reminded me a little bit about how much Killjoy loved Kill. I appreciate the enthusiasm even if I'm not in full agreement.

I don't know who Killjoy is.

I'm just hear because of Fleck mainly.
After that embarrassing issues and the public's outrage about the program, I'm happy to see a coach who realizes it's more than just football to win over the Minnesota fans.

Fleck gets it. I hope he's successful.

To me, this is the biggest part of the culture change that is going to happen. It isn't about saying that the on-field accomplishments or academic achievements under the previous regime weren't positives for the program. Those fans close to the program (us here) know about those things. But how does that resonate with people outside the program who aren't as dialed in? What are their impressions of the program?

Over the last six months, if you ask someone on the street about Gophers football, what do you think is the first thing that comes to mind? Probably the biggest thing that has hit the news in that time. Like it or not, that is the impression of the program to the average person. And it's not like the on-field product was bringing in the fans either. Talk all we want about 9 wins yadda yadda, but it hasn't gotten butts in the seats. We had the lowest average attendance for the program since 2002. Lower than what both Rutgers and Illinois averaged.

This is a big reason why he was brought in. Yes, he needs to win games during his time here. But at the same time, it's about more than that. The University of Minnesota's football program is a brand. A brand that needs a boost to its image. Not for the hardcore fans who will be invested no matter what. But to Joe Schmo who is undecided about whether he wants his name attached to the university and its football program.

PJ Fleck put Western Michigan University on the college football map. He boosted the brand, both in and around Kalamazoo and nationally. Not just because of the on-the-field product, but because of the RTB culture.

Yup, if the Gophers fanbase is known for anything, it's known for being full of fans who care only about wins and losses. You nailed it! You're such an awesome poster!

To me, this is the biggest part of the culture change that is going to happen. It isn't about saying that the on-field accomplishments or academic achievements under the previous regime weren't positives for the program. Those fans close to the program (us here) know about those things. But how does that resonate with people outside the program who aren't as dialed in? What are their impressions of the program?

Over the last six months, if you ask someone on the street about Gophers football, what do you think is the first thing that comes to mind? Probably the biggest thing that has hit the news in that time. Like it or not, that is the impression of the program to the average person. And it's not like the on-field product was bringing in the fans either. Talk all we want about 9 wins yadda yadda, but it hasn't gotten butts in the seats. We had the lowest average attendance for the program since 2002. Lower than what both Rutgers and Illinois averaged.

This is a big reason why he was brought in. Yes, he needs to win games during his time here. But at the same time, it's about more than that. The University of Minnesota's football program is a brand. A brand that needs a boost to its image. Not for the hardcore fans who will be invested no matter what. But to Joe Schmo who is undecided about whether he wants his name attached to the university and its football program.

PJ Fleck put Western Michigan University on the college football map. He boosted the brand, both in and around Kalamazoo and nationally. Not just because of the on-the-field product, but because of the RTB culture.

Don't confuse butts in the seats with the quality of football on the field. There is almost zero correlation. Keep pushing your agenda, though.

The reason Fleck was brought in was because Coyle wanted to make his own hire for the football coach. It doesn't need any rationalization beyond that. It's very simple and straightforward.

I don't know who Killjoy is.

I'm just hear because of Fleck mainly.
After that embarrassing issues and the public's outrage about the program, I'm happy to see a coach who realizes it's more than just football to win over the Minnesota fans.

Fleck gets it. I hope he's successful.

The couple dozen worthless protesters equals the public being outraged?

If you are here just because of Fleck.... are you his wife or just a troll he keeps locked in the basement to post positive things on sports message boards? Is he paying you?

The couple dozen worthless protesters equals the public being outraged?

If you are here just because of Fleck.... are you his wife or just a troll he keeps locked in the basement to post positive things on sports message boards? Is he paying you?

Everything is a public outrage now.

Coffee machine at work is broken today....

Don't confuse butts in the seats with the quality of football on the field. There is almost zero correlation.

That was exactly my point. Not even one of the best records in 50 years could get butts in the seats.

That was exactly my point. Not even one of the best records in 50 years could get butts in the seats.

Eeeh, it was a strange year for 9 wins, followed a stinky year where the face of the team left and attendance usually lags behind Ws.

Don't confuse butts in the seats with the quality of football on the field. There is almost zero correlation. Keep pushing your agenda, though.

The reason Fleck was brought in was because Coyle wanted to make his own hire for the football coach. It doesn't need any rationalization beyond that. It's very simple and straightforward.

BS. The attendance for the Northwestern game was embarrassing and it wasn't only because of the ticket price increase or the weather. It was directly related to the team's on field performance up to that point. You want butts in the seats? Then beat someone who matters.

Yup, if the Gophers fanbase is known for anything, it's known for being full of fans who care only about wins and losses. You nailed it! You're such an awesome poster!

The point isn't about the Gopher fans who are fans right now.
It's about the 3 million non-fans who need to become fans of our University, then of football.

Right now the sentiment about the U is probably below the levels that it should be.

What does it say when you have Wisconsinites who go to college at the U, but wear Badger apparel.

Why are they more proud of a University they don't go to than one they do go to?

What does that say about a person and what does it say about the school itself?

Well, and publicly, the University was a total embarrassment. Let's not forget about that little fact.

BS. The attendance for the Northwestern game was embarrassing and it wasn't only because of the ticket price increase or the weather. It was directly related to the team's on field performance up to that point. You want butts in the seats? Then beat someone who matters.

If our fanbase refuses to show up if we narrowly beat a bad Big 10 team the week before, they'll never show up.

That's an absolutely insane reason not to show up to games. There are tons of teams who have close games with bad teams. We went 9-4 last year. If our fanbase is already at a point where they are "meh" on the kind of 9-4 record we accomplish, we are the most delusional group of fans on the planet.

Well, and publicly, the University was a total embarrassment. Let's not forget about that little fact.

Well yeah, I think it's probably hard for people to give money run by that idiot and an athletic department run by that spineless coward, but I don't really know if that drives attendance.

If our fanbase refuses to show up if we narrowly beat a bad Big 10 team the week before, they'll never show up.

That's an absolutely insane reason not to show up to games. There are tons of teams who have close games with bad teams. We went 9-4 last year. If our fanbase is already at a point where they are "meh" on the kind of 9-4 record we accomplish, we are the most delusional group of fans on the planet.

Gopher fans want wins against UW, Iowa, Nebraska, and Michigan. Those wins make people pay attention. Beat those teams and the fans will show up. Lose to those teams but beat the Rutgers, Purdues, and Marylands of the conference and they won't.

So why even try, right?

The point isn't about the Gopher fans who are fans right now.
It's about the 3 million non-fans who need to become fans of our University, then of football.

Right now the sentiment about the U is probably below the levels that it should be.

What does it say when you have Wisconsinites who go to college at the U, but wear Badger apparel.

Why are they more proud of a University they don't go to than one they do go to?

What does that say about a person and what does it say about the school itself?

It says a lot about the person, and says nothing about the school itself, other than its location in a major metropolitan area with a ton of opportunity that they can't get in their backwards sh1thole state.

Sorry, the weather played quite a factor. I'm as guilty as anyone else and I'll fess up to it. I flew into town that weekend, from halfway across the country, to visit some friends who are also Gopher fans (perhaps not hardcore) and we did not go to the game because of the weather. It was sh!tty, plain and simple, and the prospect of driving through MSP downtown traffic on icy roads and sh!tty weather was just enough to swing the needle.

It says a lot about the person, and says nothing about the school itself, other than its location in a major metropolitan area with a ton of opportunity that they can't get in their backwards sh1thole state.

what does it say about that person?

Well yeah, I think it's probably hard for people to give money run by that idiot and an athletic department run by that spineless coward, but I don't really know if that drives attendance.

Yeah definitely not the product on the field but it's definitely Kaler and Coyle.

Sorry, the weather played quite a factor. I'm as guilty as anyone else and I'll fess up to it. I flew into town that weekend, from halfway across the country, to visit some friends who are also Gopher fans (perhaps not hardcore) and we did not go to the game because of the weather. It was sh!tty, plain and simple, and the prospect of driving through MSP downtown traffic on icy roads and sh!tty weather was just enough to swing the needle.

Then you and your friends are pathetic. The weather wasn't bad that day. It was cold, but dry.

Top Bottom