Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by 37score View Post
    There are 3 million people who don't care a bit about the University or the football team.
    There are many more than that. There are billions of people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by 37score View Post
    I would guess if you polled them whether they had a positive reflection on the U or a negative, the majority would probably say negative. (Because we like to hate things and because people think it's expensive and cost us tax payer dollars).
    Why would anyone who matters care?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    The attendance was directly related to the weather and who we were playing. That was the #1 and #2 factor. Always are here in MN. Nice weather or vs Wiscy and attendance would have been waaay higher - regardless of how we had played to that point (which was 7-wins, right?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There was no buzz surrounding the program leading up to that game despite a 7-3 record and that's because the team didn't have the type of win that forces the casual fan to take notice. There's not enough die hard fans like us to fill the place, we need the casual fan. Sure weather was a factor but the main factor was that there was zero reason to be excited or proud of the season up to that point.

3. Default

Considering the weather and game I thought it was fairly well attended... at the start at least.

It got nasty cold after a while.

Spoofin is the flat out dumbest poster on GH. He'll argue anything just to argue. No reasoning at all. The idea that the early season PSU and Iowa losses didn't affect attendance the rest of the season is absurd.
    Last edited by DMB123; 02-15-2017 at 12:54 PM.

5. Default

Great post 100% agree. You have to be a salesperson in today's world of college athletics and entitled young adults.

Quote Originally Posted by DMB123 View Post
    Spoofin is the flat out dumbest poster on GH. He'll argue anything just to argue. No reasoning at all. The idea that the early season PSU and Iowa losses didn't affect attendance the rest of the season is absurd.
    No I'm not. No I won't. :-)

Plus, I just said it wasn't a "direct effect" as in prices, weather, and opponent all had bigger factors than early season losses to PSU and Iowa. Pretty dumb reasoning, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk