How many players will leave after Spring Ball...

Your kidding right? 95%!of the time they will. Guess u haven't been around many spiritual or religious people then. That's ok if your not. Everyone can choose if they want to be.

Guess you don't know much about the relationship between religion and war or human on human brutality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this will settle the spiritual issue.

Holiday Bowl 2016

Attachments

• WP_20161227_15_13_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161227_15_13_23_Pro.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 47

Anything more enlightening than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Jerry and TC put a tremendous effort in getting the kids involved in church or bible groups. It's not as slippery of a slope in college as in a public high school. These kids are adults and can make their own decisions. I'm sure PJ knows where the line is he can't cross. Someone after TC got fired mention that a big group of players were attending bible studies because of TC. Now back to the thread question. I think 2-3 players leave due to the writing on the wall. Were promised something by TC and that ain't going to happen now.

Your kidding right? 95%!of the time they will. Guess u haven't been around many spiritual or religious people then. That's ok if your not. Everyone can choose if they want to be.

If you really believe this, you need to get out more.

Yes. Jerry and TC put a tremendous effort in getting the kids involved in church or bible groups. It's not as slippery of a slope in college as in a public high school. These kids are adults and can make their own decisions. I'm sure PJ knows where the line is he can't cross. Someone after TC got fired mention that a big group of players were attending bible studies because of TC. Now back to the thread question. I think 2-3 players leave due to the writing on the wall. Were promised something by TC and that ain't going to happen now.

It's really simple and I don't think PJ will cross any lines. I don't even think he really means it.

If bible study or prayer are mandatory, it crosses a line. PJ can certainly be in bible studies and they can block off a portion of time for the kids to attend bible study (if they want) or video games, or whatever. It simply cannot be mandatory and it cannot be part of any evaluation process (the second part is obviously harder to prove). PJ probably shouldn't have said it was one of the four areas where people need to be elite.

If a player is a great athlete, a great citizen and a great student, but has absolutely ZERO spirituality. . . I think he'll be plenty "elite" enough for PJ and all of us.

I don't think we can say the same thing about the other three categories (academics, athletics, socially). He probably shouldn't have included it, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he really didn't mean it.

Top Bottom