Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 66
  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    Yeah, who wants players with morals, much better to get some guys into the program who are into gang-bangs
    If the players that were forced to leave the program had used some spiritual morals to guide their judgment, they'd still be on the team.
    Yeah, really peculiar.


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon92 View Post
    "If PJ wants his players to be spiritually elite, and likely the majority are Christian- why is the Spring Game on Easter weekend?"

    I have found many of the recruits this year have bible verses attached to their twitter accts etc. I wonder if bible studies are part of row the ark?
    Listen to December 6th Podcast featuring Coach Fleck and Spiritual Growth. http://episodes.humblewarriorpodcast.com

  3. Default

    Spiritually elite is probably non-denominational, or they found the body.

  4. #34

    Default

    The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice - Beetlejuice

  5. #35

    Default How many players will leave after Spring Ball...

    Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    Yeah, who wants players with morals, much better to get some guys into the program who are into gang-bangs
    What is your point. Are you inferring that a person has to be openly religious in order to have good character or morals? And if so, do they have to belong to a particular faith to meet your requirements?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  7. #37

    Default

    Back to the point of the thread.

    It seems that Fleck expects to butt heads with some of the players because of his four elite expectations.
    Which kids might we expect to butt heads with Fleck?

  8. #38

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree 100%. Not sure bga1 will agree though.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipegopher View Post
    Not sure why this four elite stuff is so important to you. It is a catch phrase from a coach who has dozens of them.

    Several players will leave, all because the coaches believe they are not as "athletically elite" as the player feels he is. Same as any other spring with a new coach.
    I still think this is the best post on this thread. You guys are making a big deal out of what is really nothing. Some people just like to argue I guess.
    Now living in Coon Rapids

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think you are twisting the meaning of some posts. For those that wish to lead a religious or spirtual life, the morals that guide them are usually highly principled and good. Those principles are goals, which all fall short of. They are not a way of claiming a higher moral authority, which seems to be your implication.
    Goals remind us of our aspirational objective and help to devise a plan for success, as opposed to just do things without a whole lot of thought.
    Do you have to be spiritual or religious to lead a principled lifestyle? No. But, the principles of religious doctrine certainly are a way of providing that to many people, and therefore improves the likelihood of acting morally compared to someone who has no guiding principles.
    Last edited by KillerGopherFan; 02-14-2017 at 09:04 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillmeNow View Post
    Yeah, who wants players with morals, much better to get some guys into the program who are into gang-bangs
    How could you even see that your response had anything to do with my or maroon's comment? Go moralize somewhere else.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Default

    O/U 3.5

    Still (rashad) strikes me as possible based on the tweets but that might be a stretch

    Maybe Rhoda or Green if PT seems unlikely

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I think you are twisting the meaning of some posts. For those that wish to lead a religious or spirtual life, the morals that guide them are usually highly principled and good. Those principles are goals, which all fall short of. They are not a way of claiming a higher moral authority, which seems to be your implication.
    Goals remind us of our aspirational objective and help to devise a plan for success, as opposed to just do things without a whole lot of thought.
    Do you have to be spiritual or religious to lead a principled lifestyle? No. But, the principles of religious doctrine certainly are a way of providing that to many people, and therefore improves the likely of acting morally compared to someone who has no guiding principles.
    This is a public university where there not supposed to be any promotion or advocation of any particular religious belief. If PJ wants to talk about being elite morally I'm good with that but saying spiritually put u on a slippery slope at a public U.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    This is a public university where there not supposed to be any promotion or advocation of any particular religious belief. If PJ wants to talk about being elite morally I'm good with that but saying spiritually put u on a slippery slope at a public U.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Total BS

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    This is a public university where there not supposed to be any promotion or advocation of any particular religious belief. If PJ wants to talk about being elite morally I'm good with that but saying spiritually put u on a slippery slope at a public U.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Which I have previously stated in posts on this subject. But, as with many issues, it's not black and white. I'd love to see the lawsuit debated that said PJ Fleck was too concerned with spiritual morality. It would certainly beat the headlines about gang sex and player expulsions.
    To get back to the title of this thread, I would imagine there will be 1 to 3 guys transferring after spring. It happens even when there is no coaching change.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •