How many players will leave after Spring Ball...

Yeah, who wants players with morals, much better to get some guys into the program who are into gang-bangs
If the players that were forced to leave the program had used some spiritual morals to guide their judgment, they'd still be on the team.
Yeah, really peculiar.

"If PJ wants his players to be spiritually elite, and likely the majority are Christian- why is the Spring Game on Easter weekend?"

I have found many of the recruits this year have bible verses attached to their twitter accts etc. I wonder if bible studies are part of row the ark?

Listen to December 6th Podcast featuring Coach Fleck and Spiritual Growth. http://episodes.humblewarriorpodcast.com

Spiritually elite is probably non-denominational, or they found the body.

The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, who wants players with morals, much better to get some guys into the program who are into gang-bangs

What is your point. Are you inferring that a person has to be openly religious in order to have good character or morals? And if so, do they have to belong to a particular faith to meet your requirements?

The biggest crock on here is this assumption that someone who is spiritual and religious will act morally higher than someone who isn't. What a crock.

Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back to the point of the thread.

It seems that Fleck expects to butt heads with some of the players because of his four elite expectations.
Which kids might we expect to butt heads with Fleck?

Agree 100%. Not sure bga1 will agree though.

Not sure why this four elite stuff is so important to you. It is a catch phrase from a coach who has dozens of them.

Several players will leave, all because the coaches believe they are not as "athletically elite" as the player feels he is. Same as any other spring with a new coach.

I still think this is the best post on this thread. You guys are making a big deal out of what is really nothing. Some people just like to argue I guess.

I think you are twisting the meaning of some posts. For those that wish to lead a religious or spirtual life, the morals that guide them are usually highly principled and good. Those principles are goals, which all fall short of. They are not a way of claiming a higher moral authority, which seems to be your implication.
Goals remind us of our aspirational objective and help to devise a plan for success, as opposed to just do things without a whole lot of thought.
Do you have to be spiritual or religious to lead a principled lifestyle? No. But, the principles of religious doctrine certainly are a way of providing that to many people, and therefore improves the likelihood of acting morally compared to someone who has no guiding principles.

How could you even see that your response had anything to do with my or maroon's comment? Go moralize somewhere else.

O/U 3.5

Still (rashad) strikes me as possible based on the tweets but that might be a stretch

Maybe Rhoda or Green if PT seems unlikely

I think you are twisting the meaning of some posts. For those that wish to lead a religious or spirtual life, the morals that guide them are usually highly principled and good. Those principles are goals, which all fall short of. They are not a way of claiming a higher moral authority, which seems to be your implication.
Goals remind us of our aspirational objective and help to devise a plan for success, as opposed to just do things without a whole lot of thought.
Do you have to be spiritual or religious to lead a principled lifestyle? No. But, the principles of religious doctrine certainly are a way of providing that to many people, and therefore improves the likely of acting morally compared to someone who has no guiding principles.

This is a public university where there not supposed to be any promotion or advocation of any particular religious belief. If PJ wants to talk about being elite morally I'm good with that but saying spiritually put u on a slippery slope at a public U.

This is a public university where there not supposed to be any promotion or advocation of any particular religious belief. If PJ wants to talk about being elite morally I'm good with that but saying spiritually put u on a slippery slope at a public U.

Total BS

Which I have previously stated in posts on this subject. But, as with many issues, it's not black and white. I'd love to see the lawsuit debated that said PJ Fleck was too concerned with spiritual morality. It would certainly beat the headlines about gang sex and player expulsions.
To get back to the title of this thread, I would imagine there will be 1 to 3 guys transferring after spring. It happens even when there is no coaching change.

Do you have to be spiritual or religious to lead a principled lifestyle? No. But, the principles of religious doctrine certainly are a way of providing that to many people, <b>and therefore improves the likely of acting morally compared to someone who has no guiding principles.</b>

This paragraph is where we will disagree. I certainly think that many of those that are highly spiritual or religious believe they are morally above others, but in reality I don't think it makes one bit of difference. At the end of the day you are a good person or you aren't. Spirituality or Religion doesn't change that. In fact, the more people believe and talk about how moral they are about something (for whatever reason - but usually tied to spirituality and/or religion), the less I believe it. Lots of good people on both sides. Just as many bad people on both sides. IMO.

How many players will leave after spring ball? Tons!

I predict everyone will transfer and there will be lawsuits in the multi millions by multiple players and the President and AD will be fired, and the University will burn to the ground. Lee Hutton will be the new AD and all will be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How many players will leave after spring ball? Tons!

I predict everyone will transfer and there will be lawsuits in the multi millions by multiple players and the President and AD will be fired, and the University will burn to the ground. Lee Hutton will be the new AD and all will be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you had said Lauren Hutton I would have been on board.

This paragraph is where we will disagree. I certainly think that many of those that are highly spiritual or religious believe they are morally above others, but in reality I don't think it makes one bit of difference. At the end of the day you are a good person or you aren't. Spirituality or Religion doesn't change that. In fact, the more people believe and talk about how moral they are about something (for whatever reason - but usually tied to spirituality and/or religion), the less I believe it. Lots of good people on both sides. Just as many bad people on both sides. IMO.
If I were to say it another way, people with a moral compass, including people who are not religious or spiritual, are more likely to achieve moral success than those who have no moral compass.
Isn't that just logic?

After a few drinks the monocle starts to feel pretty good (and a little uncoordinated). He reaches for a cigarette, but the bartender stops him. "Sorry, buddy, but due to city ordinances we don't allow smoking in here. You'll have to step outside to smoke."
So the monocle hops off the barstool and grabs his cigarettes to head outside. Meanwhile a second monocle emerges from the bathroom. They bump into each other as they cross paths and fall to the floor, hopelessly entangled. They try to get free but the more they struggle, the more tangled they become.
The bartender looks down on this travesty and shakes his head. "Hey you two!" he shouts. "Stop making spectacles of yourselves!"

After a few drinks the monocle starts to feel pretty good (and a little uncoordinated). He reaches for a cigarette, but the bartender stops him. "Sorry, buddy, but due to city ordinances we don't allow smoking in here. You'll have to step outside to smoke."
So the monocle hops off the barstool and grabs his cigarettes to head outside. Meanwhile a second monocle emerges from the bathroom. They bump into each other as they cross paths and fall to the floor, hopelessly entangled. They try to get free but the more they struggle, the more tangled they become.
The bartender looks down on this travesty and shakes his head. "Hey you two!" he shouts. "Stop making spectacles of yourselves!"
LOL

UPDATE: This is now the best post on the thread

+100

If I were to say it another way, people with a moral compass, including people who are not religious or spiritual, are more likely to achieve moral success than those who have no moral compass.
Isn't that just logic?

Yes, it is logic. My point is that those that are religious or spiritual are no more likely to have a moral compass than those that aren't.

Q: What did the fish say when he swam into the wall?

A: Dam

Your kidding right? 95%!of the time they will. Guess u haven't been around many spiritual or religious people then. That's ok if your not. Everyone can choose if they want to be.

Your kidding right? 95%!of the time they will. Guess u haven't been around many spiritual or religious people then. That's ok if your not. Everyone can choose if they want to be.

95%, huh? Any proof of that or should I just assume you consider yourself spiritual and religious and morally above the rest because of that.

Top Bottom