Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 66
  1. #1

    Default How many players will leave after Spring Ball...

    ...because they didn't meet the four elite requirements of PJ Fleck.

    In the Pioneer Press article about coaching at Tampa, Fleck mentions that he expects some "stars" to leave the program before next fall.

    Gophers football: P.J. Fleck winning over Vincent Jackson was career hurdle https://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...career-hurdle/


  2. Default

    I suspect folks will figure out who is starting and who isn't likely too and there may be some moves, but I don't expect a ton.

  3. #3

    Default

    Not sure why this four elite stuff is so important to you. It is a catch phrase from a coach who has dozens of them.

    Several players will leave, all because the coaches believe they are not as "athletically elite" as the player feels he is. Same as any other spring with a new coach.

  4. #4

    Default

    We have "stars"?
    Stroking the Post Since 2010

  5. Default

    We've taken PJ's talk to absurd extremes now.

    Article a while ago noted PJ thought one of his QBs aw WMU wasn't his kinda guy. He didn't toss the dude from the team, in fact he later made him the starter.

  6. Default

    I wouldn't be surprised if Rhoda left if he was clearly behind Seth and Demry by the end of it. No one else jumps out at me though.

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't think any of the OL will leave. They finally have a coach that is going to keep them out of non-game related surgery.

  8. #8

    Default

    I would expect next year's seniors to stay no matter their personal feelings. The sophomores and juniors are the ones that I would expect to leave.

    Do we have any "stars" in those classes that we should be concerned about?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruppertflywheel View Post
    I don't think any of the OL will leave. They finally have a coach that is going to keep them out of non-game related surgery.
    But will they play Nasty? I remember a time not too long ago where that seemed really important.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    1,603

    Default

    If PJ wants his players to be spiritually elite, and likely the majority are Christian- why is the Spring Game on Easter weekend?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    ...because they didn't meet the four elite requirements of PJ Fleck.

    In the Pioneer Press article about coaching at Tampa, Fleck mentions that he expects some "stars" to leave the program before next fall.

    Gophers football: P.J. Fleck winning over Vincent Jackson was career hurdle https://www.twincities.com/2017/02/1...career-hurdle/
    “There could be a star from last year that says, ‘I don’t know if I like this. I don’t know if I belong here,’ ” Fleck said. “ ‘They want me to be elite in all four areas (athletically, academically, socially and spiritually) and I only like football or I just like this.’ ’ There will be a lot of questions answered after spring, to be honest with you.”

    Not sure if you are working on an agenda or just have reading comprehension problems. There's the quote. He doesn't say he's expecting stars to leave like you say. He's merely stating some might not buy what he's selling; that group might include a star; he's fine with that; but if you bothered to read the rest of it, he's also pretty confident in his abilities to reach the people he wants.

    Not sure about other fan sites, but GH has some folks who seem like they can't wait for a player to screw up or a coach to fail so they are considered "right." Always looking for the negative is a hell of a way to root for a program.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    “There could be a star from last year that says, ‘I don’t know if I like this. I don’t know if I belong here,’ ” Fleck said. “ ‘They want me to be elite in all four areas (athletically, academically, socially and spiritually) and I only like football or I just like this.’ ’ There will be a lot of questions answered after spring, to be honest with you.”

    Not sure if you are working on an agenda or just have reading comprehension problems. There's the quote. He doesn't say he's expecting stars to leave like you say. He's merely stating some might not buy what he's selling; that group might include a star; he's fine with that; but if you bothered to read the rest of it, he's also pretty confident in his abilities to reach the people he wants.

    Not sure about other fan sites, but GH has some folks who seem like they can't wait for a player to screw up or a coach to fail so they are considered "right." Always looking for the negative is a hell of a way to root for a program.
    Thanks for quoting the article. I couldn't do it from my phone.

    His comments don't seem to concern you. Fine.

    I find his four requirements peculiar and suspect some "stars" may leave after Spring Ball.

  13. #13

    Default

    I dont believe that many projected starters will leave, maybe one or two. After spring ball if anyone transfers they will have to sit out next year before playing again. I don't see any upperclassmen leaving due to time restrictions. I only see underclassmen who are not projected to start potentially transferring, no "stars" will transfer.

  14. #14

    Default

    "If PJ wants his players to be spiritually elite, and likely the majority are Christian- why is the Spring Game on Easter weekend?"

    I have found many of the recruits this year have bible verses attached to their twitter accts etc. I wonder if bible studies are part of row the ark?

  15. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    But will they play Nasty? I remember a time not too long ago where that seemed really important.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The only thing "nasty" about the OL last year was the number of false starts and other penalties.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •