UConn gets 100 in a row.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Now for the next challenge. Win 11 National Championships in a row to beat Coach Wooden and the UCLA Bruins record.

This win streak will never be broken. Amazing.

Now for the next challenge. Win 11 National Championships in a row to beat Coach Wooden and the UCLA Bruins record.

This win streak will never be broken. Amazing.

UCLA won 7 in a row (1967-1973).

They also won 10 championships between 1964 and 1975. Texas Western (the Glory Road team) won in 1966, and the David Thompson led NC State team won in 1974.

UCLA won 7 in a row (1967-1973).

They also won 10 championships between 1964 and 1975. Texas Western (the Glory Road team) won in 1966, and the David Thompson led NC State team won in 1974.

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if UConn can beat that streak of consecutive championships. I am in awe of the program. A genuinely amazing feat.

Thanks for the clarification. I wonder if UConn can beat that streak of consecutive championships. I am in awe of the program. A genuinely amazing feat.

This UConn team reminds me of the 1970 UCLA men's team (the one with neither Alcindor nor Walton). No superstars, but someone different steps up every game.

This team accomplishment is amazing. I enjoyed seeing Maya Moore, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart sitting together behind the bench. I have never liked Geno and his arrogance.

I used to consider myself as someone who didn't really like Geno. But I've now changed my view on that. On his behalf: a) There's no doubt that he can flat-out coach. His teams always seem to pay attention to the details. b) He'll play anyone, anywhere. Even with his winning streak, he hasn't hidden from other good teams in an effort to keep his streak going. c) Yes, he always gets "the pick of the litter" with his recruiting, but more importantly, he is able to identify the thoroughbreds that will thrive in his system. d) His former players are very visible in supporting his program. That says something.

I heard Reusse interview Lindsay Whalen about him on the radio today. Whalen played for Geno on the Olympic team. She had nothing but praise for him.

All those things being said, I really miss the rivalry he had with Pat Summitt. I'll also admit that I don't think UConn's dominance is good for women's college basketball...but that's not Geno's fault.

What he has done with this year's team is remarkable. He loses the top three WNBA draft picks from last year's NCAA champs, he plays a difficult non-conference schedule (anyone/anywhere) and his young team is still undefeated and probably well on it's way to yet another championship. I watched the UConn/South Carolina game and there was no doubt that UConn was the better team.

Top Bottom