Harbaugh adds father of top QB prospect to his staff

Must clear NCAA. He is desperate. The fizzle out is about to start.

I think he is just getting started. To this point his time at Michigan has been focused solely on culture change. Now, on to football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the first time something similar to this has happened, and it won't be the last.

Sometimes you wonder how much Harbaugh actually does these things for the benefit of his football team and for how much he just wants to mess with the NCAA

I think he is just getting started. To this point his time at Michigan has been focused solely on culture change. Now, on to football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did his step-back year look like at Michigan?

I think the Kansas basketball program employed this strategem in order to land Danny Manning back in the 1980's. There would seem to be a precedent in place if the episodes are indeed congruent.

You are right. Larry Brown hired Ed Manning in 1983. Danny graduated from high school in 1984.

Probably happens more often in college hoops, but it's nothing new.

I just think that Harbaugh doesn't care what anyone thinks about him. He's going to do what he wants, and if it gets into the heads of some of his opponents, all the better.

The dad just groomed one of the best QB's in the nation. I am guessing he knows what to do with QB's.

"Late in his playing career, Harbaugh played for the Chargers. And who was his position coach during that final season in San Diego, in 2000? Michael Johnson.

So there is a pre-existing relationship, and we all know how far those go when putting staffs together. Plus, Johnson has 10 years of NFL coaching experience and spent a few years as a college assistant as well."

Per Yahoo Sports

Isn't the first time something similar to this has happened, and it won't be the last.

Correct......Hugh Freeze under Ogeron (Oher / Hardy) @ Mississippi, Todd Dodge HC hiring to land his son, Riley @ North Texas are 2 examples. There are a number of other examples across NCAA sports -- some of which involve former MSHSL athletes and their parents being employed by colleges / universities.

Smart move by Harbaugh...as long as it isn't punished by the NCAA. This happens a lot, and should be copied by any school that wants to win at a high level. I don't really understand people's angst over things like this - college sports are inherently sleazy.

Top Bottom