Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. Default

    Paterno's son claimed to have reported this to his supervisor.


  2. Default

    Why mention they are adopted? It's like saying "a black guy cut me off in traffic."

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    penn state should not have a football program.
    What happened was terrible, but the people associated with it have been punished, are in the process or being punished or are dead. The current players and coaches had nothing to do with what happened and the problem is not ongoing within the program so at some point you have to take the focus off the football program and focus it on the scumbags who let it happen.

    Should our current basketball players all be viewed as cheaters because in the past some players had papers written for them? To many people want to blame entire programs for the actions of a few individuals. Even the whole Sandusky thing, anyone who knew what was going on deserves every punishment that can be thrown at them, but clearly it was limited to a fairly small circle of people. So should Lavar Arrington and every other player that played for Sandusky also be considered a pedophile based on his actions?

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MNVCGUY View Post
    What happened was terrible, but the people associated with it have been punished, are in the process or being punished or are dead. The current players and coaches had nothing to do with what happened and the problem is not ongoing within the program so at some point you have to take the focus off the football program and focus it on the scumbags who let it happen.

    Should our current basketball players all be viewed as cheaters because in the past some players had papers written for them? To many people want to blame entire programs for the actions of a few individuals. Even the whole Sandusky thing, anyone who knew what was going on deserves every punishment that can be thrown at them, but clearly it was limited to a fairly small circle of people. So should Lavar Arrington and every other player that played for Sandusky also be considered a pedophile based on his actions?
    In fairness I think if the "1990s Minnesota Basketball scandal" or the "Fab 4 Michigan scandal" happened today titles would not be vacated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

  5. #20

    Default

    What I mean is in similar "scandals" today (Ohio State and the tattoos) they don't take away titles anymore. My opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandy View Post
    "Anybody can be a Viking fan, dad. It takes someone special to be a Gopher fan" .....Quote from my Son.

  6. Default

    I'd like to know the real story on Sandusky and Paterno some day. It seems clear that Paterno knew something was way out of kilter with Sandusky, which would explain his sudden departure from the DC position at a time when Penn State had great defenses and was riding high. Sandusky was not that old when he suddenly left the staff.

    Considering that Sandusky was pushed out, who decided that it would be a good thing to allow him unfettered access to the campus athletic facilities and allow his "charity" to glom on to the football program to further his true avocation, finding young victims?

    Was this all lazy, inattentive behavior by Paterno and the program, or was it more? I still disagree with the "they should have been given the death penalty" view of this, as much as I cannot understand how they let this guy hang out in the showers, or even be on campus. A lot of people had to have known how evil Sandusky was.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    penn state should not have a football program.
    totally agree...always have since this broke several years ago. It's so absolutely ridiculous that the penn st fans believe there is nothing to this...ignorance is bliss.

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harley_gopher View Post
    totally agree...always have since this broke several years ago. It's so absolutely ridiculous that the penn st fans believe there is nothing to this...ignorance is bliss.
    I am sure you can find a small very vocal part of the fanbase that thinks there is nothing wrong with went on but I also bet if you surveyed the 100,000+ fans there on gameday you would find the overwhelming majority do not support or condone what happened.

    I guess I just can't see how supporting the current team and current players is in any way saying that you are totally ok with what happened in the past and that you totally condone the actions of a really sick individual. Again, what happened under Paterno/Sandusky was awful but the current administration and players didn't have anything to do with that so not sure why they should be punished too.

  9. #24

    Default

    CBS: Jerry Sandusky's son Jeffrey pleads guilty to 14 child sex abuse charges

    Jeffrey Sandusky, the son of convicted sex abuser and former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky, has pleaded to 14 counts of child-sex abuse charges.

    The 41-year-old Sandusky entered his pleas on Friday. The charges include "soliciting sex from a child younger than 16 and soliciting child pornography," according to CNN. Two separate incidents -- one in 2013 and one in 2016 -- invoked the charges, which involved two different girls.

    As a result of the plea, which was entered a week before Sandusky's trial was scheduled to start, he will be registered as a Tier III sex offender, the highest level for such an offender in Pennsylvania. The terms of the plea mandate that Sandusky serve 3-6 years in prison, but he could be jailed for up to eight years.

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...abuse-charges/

    Go Gophers!!

  10. #25

    Default

    It's sad. He needs to be punished for what he did, but his Dad is the cancer that started this. Sad.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    I'd like to know the real story on Sandusky and Paterno some day. It seems clear that Paterno knew something was way out of kilter with Sandusky, which would explain his sudden departure from the DC position at a time when Penn State had great defenses and was riding high. Sandusky was not that old when he suddenly left the staff.

    Considering that Sandusky was pushed out, who decided that it would be a good thing to allow him unfettered access to the campus athletic facilities and allow his "charity" to glom on to the football program to further his true avocation, finding young victims?

    Was this all lazy, inattentive behavior by Paterno and the program, or was it more? I still disagree with the "they should have been given the death penalty" view of this, as much as I cannot understand how they let this guy hang out in the showers, or even be on campus. A lot of people had to have known how evil Sandusky was.
    He (Paterno) knew about Sandusky as early as 1976, according to Court Testimony given in 2014.

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    I'd like to know the real story on Sandusky and Paterno some day. It seems clear that Paterno knew something was way out of kilter with Sandusky, which would explain his sudden departure from the DC position at a time when Penn State had great defenses and was riding high. Sandusky was not that old when he suddenly left the staff.

    Considering that Sandusky was pushed out, who decided that it would be a good thing to allow him unfettered access to the campus athletic facilities and allow his "charity" to glom on to the football program to further his true avocation, finding young victims?

    Was this all lazy, inattentive behavior by Paterno and the program, or was it more? I still disagree with the "they should have been given the death penalty" view of this, as much as I cannot understand how they let this guy hang out in the showers, or even be on campus. A lot of people had to have known how evil Sandusky was.
    All of these are good questions. I personally think it was more disbelief that Sandusky, who in public acted as a model citizen - a hero, even - and on top of that he was a big, bad, football masculine man, which led to the original allegations not being considered seriously enough. To me, these kinds of "hidden" vices are always difficult to know.

    I've known what appear to be super, awesome people who turn out to be pretty awful people, once you find out enough about them. I'm betting everyone reading this can relate to at least one person who they greatly misread, probably more than a few. There is a reason why certain people are very good at fooling those close to them and the public. This whole Sandusky/PSU/Paterno/Kids' charity story makes sense if and only if I look at it through this angle.
    Last edited by cncmin; 09-16-2017 at 07:19 PM.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harley_gopher View Post
    totally agree...always have since this broke several years ago. It's so absolutely ridiculous that the penn st fans believe there is nothing to this...ignorance is bliss.
    In reality, there are not many that think that at all, but taking away the football program is pretty senseless. Do everything you can do to determine the wrongdoer's and punish them, legally if need be.

  14. #29

    Default

    Paterno is roasting in Hell right now for his sins of omission per his own faith. No doubt he knew what Sandusky was doing and he chose to hush it up to protect his Program.

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Turition View Post
    Paterno is roasting in Hell right now for his sins of omission per his own faith. No doubt he knew what Sandusky was doing and he chose to hush it up to protect his Program.
    Yeah, so true. I doubt he could have ever found another defensive coordinator. Without Sandusky, Penn State probably would have never won a game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •