Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yahoo Sports: Son of Jerry Sandusky arrested on child sex abuse charges

2. Default

The article doesn't mention it but I wonder if this son was also abused by Jerry. Sad, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo1107 View Post
    The article doesn't mention it but I wonder if this son was also abused by Jerry. Sad, regardless.
    Good point...probably. And yes, very sad.

Shouldn't come as a surprise. This was the entrance to his house:

Quote Originally Posted by stevedave23 View Post
    I don't think I've ever read anything on gopher hole more spot on than these sentences. Ever.

I would say the odds are very high that the adopted son was abused by Jerry. He is charged with some pretty nasty stuff.

Apple...Tree.

Default Yahoo Sports: Son of Jerry Sandusky arrested on child sex abuse charges

CNN said one of the other adopted sons accused Jerry of sexually abusing him. Apparently, there are 6 adopted sons. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PitinoFan; 02-13-2017 at 03:13 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Apple...Tree.
    Pretty common for abuse victims to turn to the abuse that was inflicted upon them later in life. Hence my question.

Pretty common for abuse victims to turn to the abuse that was inflicted upon them later in life. Hence my question.
    Yep, I agree, all too common for that to happen. Good chance that if he wasn't, he witnessed it in some fashion. It is sad.

10. Default

Hell is for children, as the old song says.

Hope this further quashes talk of any re-thinking of statues honoring the Paterno era.

I have found myself unable to root for "Ped" State since the sordid story came to light.

So sad

penn state should not have a football program.
    The Anti-Viking

13. Default

Many pedophiles were abused as children, which is why I tend to stop short on simply hating people convicted. I don't advocate for any leniency, and they need to be locked up...but a lot of time I feel sympathy towards them as opposed to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by t-docious View Post
    penn state should not have a football program.
    They got a slap on the wrist pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHomer View Post
    Many pedophiles were abused as children, which is why I tend to stop short on simply hating people convicted. I don't advocate for any leniency, and they need to be locked up...but a lot of time I feel sympathy towards them as opposed to hate.
    Same here. I'm just hoping that somewhere along the line, the victims who go on to be perpetrators get the help they need so that this horrid cycle of abuse can end.