Why is Kansas recruiting like a college football powerhouse? - USA Today

Iceland12

Reaction score
For 2018 so it's REAL early

Kansas Jayhawks football, by the numbers:

1 — the most Big 12 Conference victories that they have managed in any single season in the 2010s
2 — the total number of wins in two seasons under current head coach David Beaty
4 — head coaches since Mark Mangino was fired for alleged misconduct toward campus staff
5 — the total number of teams with better Class of 2018 recruiting classes than the Jayhawks, according to Rivals

Wait, what?

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/02/why-is-kansas-suddenly-recruiting-like-a-college-football-powerhouse

Because it's February and not many recruits have officially committed. A lot of those rankings is determined by how many recruits you have committed. Not saying that the list of players they currently have committed isn't impressive, but the team rankings right now are largely meaningless.

They've have three 4-5 star kids from the same school in Louisiana. Also a couple of other kids from the Bijou Country. Very strange indeed....

It begins... to end:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lolol. all of the 4 stars being crystal balled to LSU

I don't know that this is a factor, but Kansas is academically one of the easiest colleges to gain admittance. It is a beautiful campus. And, I'm sure the coach can almost guarantee players of this quality an early chance to play.
That said, I'm with others in saying let's see where they're at in December or January of 2018.

I don't know that this is a factor, but Kansas is academically one of the easiest colleges to gain admittance. It is a beautiful campus. And, I'm sure the coach can almost guarantee players of this quality an early chance to play.
That said, I'm with others in saying let's see where they're at in December or January of 2018.

Right along with the writer. :D

Now, it’s important to note that much can change between now and 2018 signing day, when these players actually lock into commitments. Kansas could have another awful season that causes these guys to reconsider, or Hull could leave and take them with him.

For now, though, Rock Chalk Nation finally has a reason to pay attention to football again.

Top Bottom