Northwestern is gonna go dancing.

MennoSota

Reaction score
With today's big win over Becky at Madison, the Wildcats have made their case to be an NCAA tournament team.

Great to see Northwestern beat Becky at her own game.

Happ made his second career shot outside of the paint in this game... and also got called for his second career travel.

Did Greg Gard really not shake hands because of that last dunk??? You got to be kidding me.

With today's big win over Becky at Madison, the Wildcats have made their case to be an NCAA tournament team.

Great to see Northwestern beat Becky at her own game.

It was an impressive win. They did a nice Job on Happ.

Happ made his second career shot outside of the paint in this game... and also got called for his second career travel.
About time some ref finally sees it. In my estimation he traveled a dozen times against the Gophers.

I think Joe Krabbehoft said some $h!t to Collins about the dunk. Nothing wrong with the dunk. Badgers are smoke and mirrors; glad NU beat them and hope we can learn from their tactics.

Ethan hangs on to the ball to long on the double team. He tries to fight through it before dishing it off.Bronson Koneig couldn't put the ball in a ocean right now. Hayes is Hayes. He goes long stretches without being involved. Wisconsin has been living on a wing and a prayer and they are not the 7th best team in the country.

I think Joe Krabbehoft said some $h!t to Collins about the dunk. Nothing wrong with the dunk. Badgers are smoke and mirrors; glad NU beat them and hope we can learn from their tactics.
Loved the dunk!

Yes the did. Richard should take note of how they brought the double team.
Happ was 3-8 and 9 points with seven rebounds. They controlled him well but he is still a force even on a bad night. Northwestern benefited in Wisconsin shooting 7-19 fron three, and Koenig going 0-5 from three.

Happ was 3-8 and 9 points with seven rebounds. They controlled him well but he is still a force even on a bad night. Northwestern benefited in Wisconsin shooting 7-19 from three, and Koenig going 0-5 from three.

According to teamrankings, 7/19 (36.8%) is a hair above their season average of 35.2%. But it does seem like Koenig almost always hits one when they most desperately need it (see Nebraska and Minnesota games this year, Xavier last year).

I didn't realize how bad NU's schedule was so far until just now. Their double matchups are Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, Rutgers.

I didn't realize how bad NU's schedule was so far until just now. Their double matchups are Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, Rutgers.

They also play Purdue twice. Hey, you only get to play who the schedule makers put in front of you. Indiana was predicted to contend for the Big Ten title at the start of the season. Who would have guessed they'd have injuries and the team would struggle? Have to give Collins a lot of credit. Weaker Big Ten schedule or not, he is getting the job done. On paper, not a lot of that team was ranked highly coming out of high school. Scottie Lindsey is their leading scorer and according to 247sports he was ranked #340 coming out of high school.

If Collins can continue to get Northwestern into the tournament regularly....Coach K's eventual replacement at Duke?

True, they had a fairly soft schedule for the first half of conference season. They made up for that tonight, though.

Scottie Lindsey is their leading scorer and according to 247sports he was ranked #340 coming out of high school.

If Collins can continue to get Northwestern into the tournament regularly....Coach K's eventual replacement at Duke?

Well, Happ wasn't rated all that high coming out of HS and neither was Dwayne Wade.

Collins to Duke when K retires? That's not a bad guess.

Reading from wisconsin fans that Koenig has a leg injury? A lot of them are saying to sit him to let him get healed up. I don't follow CBB injuries so I'm not familiar with that.

They are also saying that teams are figuring out there is little downside to doubling down on Happ. Hope Richard sees that as well.

Minnesota at 5-6 in the conf was a consensus #7 seed according to bracketmatrix.com and NW at 7-4 in conf was an #8 seed. So yeah, their conf schedule so far has probably been weaker than ours, but beating Wisco in Wisconsin definitely helps their resume.

My guess is their win over Wisconsin probably bumps them up to a #7 seed and bumps us down to an #8 seed.

good for them, I thought both teams were tourney teams when we beat them. That game (MinnVsNW) was actually an incredibly fun game to watch by two teams that usually end up in "grinders".

Minnesota at 5-6 in the conf was a consensus #7 seed according to bracketmatrix.com and NW at 7-4 in conf was an #8 seed. So yeah, their conf schedule so far has probably been weaker than ours, but beating Wisco in Wisconsin definitely helps their resume.

My guess is their win over Wisconsin probably bumps them up to a #7 seed and bumps us down to an #8 seed.

Sounds about right. Our non-conference is also deceptively good this year so that gives us an advantage in RPI. That's part of the reason why most teams need 10-8 to feel secure but we can feel pretty good at 9-9. We also have a good road record, a signature win @Purdue, and no bad losses (so far).

Right now Minnesota is tied for 6th in the conference with Michigan. Beating Michigan is very important if we want to finish in the top 6 of the conference for purposes of conference tournament seeding. I could easily see a three way tie at 9-9 between Minnesota, Iowa, and Michigan (Penn State also has a chance to finish with that record). We should be a lock for the NCAA tournament at 9-9 and Michigan might make it with that conference record as well.

Plus if you look at the rest of the bubble, that win at the KC is a lot better than anything a lot of bubble teams have.

Nothing wrong with the dunk indeed. Badgers were pressuring in the backcourt with fewer than 10 seconds left. If they're going to defend you, try to score. Ignore the clock.

Why can't they both be #7 seeds?
Why would two wins this week move the Gophers down?

The Gophers should have tried doubling down on the post in the Wisconsin game. It was exasperated watching the Gophers trying to defend Happens down low.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Why can't they both be #7 seeds?
Why would two wins this week move the Gophers down?

Eventually they both could be #7 seeds, but the reason I said NWs win over Wisconsin bumped them down, was because Minnesota was the 4th #7 seed and NW was the 1st #8 seed. So if NW moved up, all other factors being equal, Minnesota would have have to move down to make room for NW.

But Minny has two winnable games coming up against bubble teams, so beating them would probably move them back up to a #7 seed.

Top Bottom