Crean is getting as tired of this IU team as the fans

GopherLady

Reaction score
IU is always tough, but this has to bode well for the Gophers:

This was Tom Crean like you’ve never seen him. Unplugged, you could call Crean after Indiana’s 75-63 loss to Michigan on Sunday. Almost no energy at all. Exhausted. Drained. Tired – and not just tired after his team’s fifth loss in six games.

Tired of his team.

This was Tom Crean trying his best not to shred several of his players by name, though he did single out the largest contingent of his underachieving starting five.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...el-crean-getting-tired-iu-team-fans/97753170/

Almost as tiring as having to watch his disgrace of an offensive system. Dribble, dribble, dribble, kick out, chuck up a 3. Cant blame the players when their offensive system is so boom or bust. I hope Indiana keeps Crean cause they are going no where with him.

Why not? Since we're not terrible this year, I assume he'll get listed for every power 6 opening

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Right. 'cause we're not allowed to be happy and enjoy anything

Why not? Since we're not terrible this year, I assume he'll get listed for every power 6 opening

Lets see if we even make the tournament first. If we do, I suspect Coach Pitino might get a nice salary bump.

Right. 'cause we're not allowed to be happy and enjoy anything
Don't shoot the messenger. Once there were rumors of Tubby bailing to Auburn of all places, I assume it as a default.

Expect Indiana to come out with a spirited effort on Wednesday night. This won't be a cakewalk by any means.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Expect Indiana to come out with a spirited effort on Wednesday night. This won't be a cakewalk by any means.

Let's keep them down because Michigan will be tough.

Start the Pitino to IU rumors.

Bla bla bla. Coyle is willing to pay a coach the market rate to retain them. Pitino is proving he can recruit to Minnesota. Furthermore, Pitino has the program on solid footing w nice talent and the UofM will have exceptional facilities in a year. Its time to stop the crying and realize the UofM has a lot to offer ANY coach. It now takes a lot more for the lawn to be greener on the other side of the fence! The reasons to leave have decline to the point it is no longer a concern of mine.

Bla bla bla. Coyle is willing to pay a coach the market rate to retain them. Pitino is proving he can recruit to Minnesota. Furthermore, Pitino has the program on solid footing w nice talent and the UofM will have exceptional facilities in a year. Its time to stop the crying and realize the UofM has a lot to offer ANY coach. It now takes a lot more for the lawn to be greener on the other side of the fence! The reasons to leave have decline to the point it is no longer a concern of mine.

I don't think howeda actually believes Pitino is going to leave for Indiana, but rather making a joke about how seemingly every time we have a half decent season, our coach gets rumored for other openings. I remember Tubby being rumored for LSU and a few others I think, and Pitino to Alabama.

I don't think howeda actually believes Pitino is going to leave for Indiana, but rather making a joke about how seemingly every time we have a half decent season, our coach gets rumored for other openings. I remember Tubby being rumored for LSU and a few others I think, and Pitino to Alabama.

This is what I believe, too. Howeda sarcasm exposed on GopherHole.

I hope we take this team seriously. I'm worried if we let them hang around, they'll play desperate and give us everything we can handle. I want a nice comfortable home win.

Even if offered, Pitino is not going to leave with this team's potential next year. He may leverage it to get a salary bump but he is going to ride it another year at least. And if he get Fleck money and continues to recruit, he may be here for a long time.

Interesting strategy or lack of strategy by Creaner. According to tomcreanbuyout.com his buyout is $4 million now but goes down to $1 million on July 1, 2017.

They're a cornered animal with nothing to lose. Beware. Gophs are going to have to play their A game to win.

This is one instance where if the Gophers jump on the opponent early, I think the Hoosiers are going to fold like an accordion. Hoosiers are soft, have very little interest in defense. Of course, the Gophers haven't exactly shown that stepping on the opponent's throat is in their DNA.

This is one instance where if the Gophers jump on the opponent early, I think the Hoosiers are going to fold like an accordion. Hoosiers are soft, have very little interest in defense. Of course, the Gophers haven't exactly shown that stepping on the opponent's throat is in their DNA.

Too much darn "Minnesota Nice"!

Too much darn "Minnesota Nice"!

You know, I wonder. I remember Clem's criticism of John Thomas when he was an underclassman was that he was too nice. Local kid, of course.

Yes. Thank you. He will be included in lists for every job, most of which are far worse than MN because that's how we are perceived nationally. Though Indiana is obviously a better job. I think it's become a bit like ND football though. Perception based on 20 year-old history that is now hard to live up to. I'm not sure they will have the big names jumping at it.

Yes. Thank you. He will be included in lists for every job, most of which are far worse than MN because that's how we are perceived nationally. Though Indiana is obviously a better job. I think it's become a bit like ND football though. Perception based on 20 year-old history that is now hard to live up to. I'm not sure they will have the big names jumping at it.

I was thinking Archie Miller might be a good option for Indiana to go after. I'm not sure he wants the job and his alma mater NCST might have a job opening this year so who knows.

It's very true that Indiana fans overestimate the heck out of the job. Have some IU friends who actually think Brad Stevens would take it if offered.

Honestly in Basketball with the right coach Minnesota absolutely has the potential to be one of the best jobs in the Big Ten. There is a lot of local basketball talent so unlike football you actually can find top talent in state to build your ream around. The new facilities are coming and it appears we may finally have an administration that is willing to pay coaches.

This could absolutely be a very attractive job now and into the future. Fans need to stop assuming that the moment someone has any success they are going to bolt, if you look at our history it happened with Holtz but it has not happened with very many other coaches yet people act like we are in the MAC where coaches get poached all the time.

Honestly in Basketball with the right coach Minnesota absolutely has the potential to be one of the best jobs in the Big Ten. There is a lot of local basketball talent so unlike football you actually can find top talent in state to build your ream around. The new facilities are coming and it appears we may finally have an administration that is willing to pay coaches.

This could absolutely be a very attractive job now and into the future. Fans need to stop assuming that the moment someone has any success they are going to bolt, if you look at our history it happened with Holtz but it has not happened with very many other coaches yet people act like we are in the MAC where coaches get poached all the time.
"A lot" of local basketball talent is a stretch. Minnesota has good talent and is improving, but doesn't churn out the number of D1 kids annually that some of its Midwestern counterparts do.

With that being said, the MN is much more attractive than it's typically given credit for.

Indiana will not be offering Pitino. He is not on the short or the long list. If Crean gets fired he will be offered my Missouri. Stevens has stated the only college job he ever dreamed of is IU but the timing is terrible with what he is building in Boston and the draft picks they have lined up. Archie Miller is near the top of the list but covets the ACC job, just does not want to work for YOW. They offered Tony Bennett 3.5 for that job before, just like Texas but he wanted a high academic institution in the south. They will offer Jay Wright but can not see him leaving. Many people connected at IU want Alford. I Think if they buy Crean out at 4 million (they can not wait until july) they may be able to get Marshall.

Top Bottom